“Many Happy Returns”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Palolem
Papillon Beach Huts
Auckland, New Zealand
“Many Happy Returns”
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I have just returned from my third annual visit to Goa where I stayed for 3 weeks at Papillon over Christmas and New Year. This was my third stay at Papillon, after the first day Papillon begins to feel like home. Heavens staff - especially Dev and Rajah really do go way out of their way to make sure you always taken care of.

We tried restaurants and bars up and down the beach and always returned to Papillon as our favourite, the red snapper in the Tandoori simply cannot be beaten!

The rooms and bathrooms as always were neat and clean and are serviced on request as frequently as you like. I stayed in beachfront hut D3 which has the most breathtaking views over the rocks, water and up the length of the beach. Initially I was traveling alone and at not time felt unsafe or that my hut was insecure during my stay.

I cannot recommend this resort highly enough.

Room Tip: The beach front rooms have spectacular views and I was very happy with D3, but it does get afternoo...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I came to Goa on my own and stayed at Papillon Beach Huts in Palolem - they took the time to point out all of the security cameras so I would safe (being a single traveller). Heaven and his staff took the time to get to know me and within a couple of days everyone knew my name, and they couldn't have been more friendlier if they tried. I had my birthday while I was out there - they decorated the table and spelled out my name in rose petals and gave me flowers. If I can add a picture at a later time, I'll put one up so you can see how beautiful it was. The food was excellent and they've begun showing films in the evening as well. Would definitely go back there again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Skrauseuk
London
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I decided to return to Papillon for the second year running & I'm glad I did! The food is the best on the beach (try fish from the tandoor) , the staff are friendly & there's generally a good vibe. This year Heaven & the guys really went above & beyond when I injured my foot badly, they cleaned it up, bandaged it & took me to the nearest hospital. Thanks again guys, maybe see you next year!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 22 December 2013

I don't usually take the time to review places but in this case I want to warn other travelers. This place sucks and I would not recommend it to anyone.

I stayed here for 4 nights in early December and came in late every night and never once did I see any sign of security guards nor CCTV?! The room was not cleaned once or even offered to be so there was a nice build up of sand in our room when we left.

The owner is completely money hungry... Nice at first when we arrived but then sat outside of his bungalow smoking the entire time we were there and on the last day when we were paying our bill he magically appeared to take the cash without even bidding us a farewell or anything. Just took the cash and walked off! haha I have never experienced such rudeness! The staff in general here are hopeless - they couldn't help me with any of my very simple questions or requests! Having spent a lot of time over the years travelling throughout India in simple accommodation this has been my worst experience to date.

There are plenty of other places in Palolem to stay that actually good service for the same price - I would definitely shop around!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank misslauralu
Colne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Myself and my friend were two girls traveling around India together and we stayed here at the end of our stay for 5 nights. We originally booked for two nights but loved it so much that we extended our stay.
We stayed in a beach front hut for the first 4 nights which had great views and a ground floor garden hut for the last night that had a fab roof terrace with both great views and privacy at the same time. The accommodation was basic as you would expect from a beach hut, but it had everything that you could need. A mosquito net, a fan, clean bedding and towels, coat hangers for clothes and a shower and the view off the balcony was fantastic. Waking up hearing the sea every morning was so relaxing and beautiful.
Surrounded by palm trees and at the end of the beach it is in a great location and being straight on to the beach was simply fab.
I had such a fantastic time at Papillon and staying in Palolem. The huge thing that made Papillon for me was the staff who worked there and the owner Heaven. All the staff were absolutely fantastic. As two girls traveling alone we felt 110% safe staying here. They all looked after us and ensured that we were safe without being too intrusive when you were eating and drinking and relaxing. They arranged airport pick ups for us and arranged transport for us to different sights in the area. The driver they got for us - Karim was truly brilliant . I have such amazing memories of the little adventures we had from Papilon. Nothing was ever too much trouble, everything we wanted to do and try was possible (including learning how to make roti in the tandoor oven one night!) The food and drinks (especially the Heaven Special Signature Cocktail) were 5 star as was the waiter service. I cannot speak highly enough of the staff at Papillon and i would definitely recommend staying here. Or visit for food if you happen to be staying somewhere else as the food was delicious with their fresh fish being caught daily.
We loved the atmosphere and the staff so much here that after we moved on , on our travels we returned on the final night of our holiday to wish them all well again and have one final cocktail in their bar area.

Staying here made our holiday.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Elizabeth B
london
Reviewed 17 December 2013

This is turning out to be better every day. The staff are ssoooo friendly and welcoming and cant do enough for you. The owner 'Heavan' is so intent on making your stay as memorable as possible. Its laid back and chilled. The music is great...the food is THE BEST on the beach...
accomadation is beach hut style. and the price is great. no blaring music...
what else can i say! I am sure coming here again. A little gem with the most fantastic views.
and most importent, a feeling of safety and relaxation...
Thankyou heaven for looking after us all so well. SHARON

Room Tip: the huts at the back are a little quieter as the sa can be quite noisy at night.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank irish-jem
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 December 2013

We stayed in the deluxe beach front huts for 3 nights early December. The accommodation is basic but perfectly lovely. The staff couldnt do enough to please you and the waiting staff are exellent.

Dont' forget that this is a beach HUT so if you want a 4 poster bed, flat screen tv, mini bar - this isn'f for you. However if you are after suburb views, fab location and comfortable beds and dont mind a luke warm shower, then look no further than Papillon Beach Huts.

Room Tip: The delux rooms are sea facing and you only have to go down your steps and you are on the beach - de...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palolem
Dreamcatcher Resort
#29 of 80 in Canacona
Roundcube Palolem
Roundcube Palolem
#17 of 32 in Palolem

Been to Papillon Beach Huts? Share your experiences!