“"Awesome Hospitality"”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Palolem
Kate's Beach Cottages
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I stayed in Kates Cottages from April 2 till April 7th with my family (me, my wife & my 2 years old son). Enjoyed a lot, a very nice cottage with delicious food and awesome hospitality. Especially Kate & Jack are the couple who really received us and treated with lots of affection and love. For us, it was not just a touristic hotel but like our own home away from home.
The room service / restaurant service was really at high standards and the room attendant, the young lad Bimal was really helpful, courteous, polite and a very gentleperson. Thanks to the rest of the staff and especially to the chef who made very authentic and delicious food.
Though its little far from the capital city and few site seeing locations, I strongly recommend Kates Cottages for a decent / memorable stay. I have no more options when it comes to stay in Goa i.e. Kates Cottages..... Thanks a lot to Kate & Jack and to their entire staff.
MK

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Mohan K

Reviewed 27 February 2014

Stayed here for two weeks in Feb with my husband, daughter, son in law and 3 month old grandson. I don't know where to start it was just all so amazing from the time we arrived to the time we left.
We had one room above the restaurant and one to the side. Both were lovely but the upstairs one was the best, large balcony with chairs, table and even a fan should you need it. Rooms were clean and airy with the biggest bed you've ever seen dressed with a mosquito net that covered the whole bed ( not that Mosquitos were a problem), large screen cable television with so many channels including all the sports channels, made hubby really happy as we could sit and watch the premier league games in the comfort of our own room. beautiful bathroom with a huge shower head. Bath towels and beach towels were provided. The rooms will be cleaned as often as you request them to be, we just left our keys with instructions on what we wanted doing, even on the days we only needed the bins emptied they still changed towels. Air conditioned and ceiling fan too, another bonus.
The owners Kate and Jack are just such lovely people, Kate is especially friendly and likes a chat which suited me just fine as I do too, they are very proud of the cottages and restaurant and so they should be, it's amazing, by far the best accommodation and restaurant in Palolem. The food is simply amazing, the tandoor chef is a master of his trade as is the general chef who cooks the best steak I've probably ever had.
Another of Kate's assets is the staff, two young men Bimal and Sagar who go well and truly out of their way to please you, nothing is too much trouble.
I can't wait until next year when we can get back to Kate's for another two weeks of total relaxation.
Thank you Kate and team for an amazing experience xx

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank ShirlM8
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Booked well in advance the 2 rooms above the restaurant. Payed 50 % in advance for 4 nights (= 20'000 INR). Arrived and the rooms were booked and they did not seem to care at all. After hours and insisting we finally got (thanks to the nice lady who moved out) 1 of these rooms and a second one in the rear. 3rd day in the morning I asked Kate to please change at least the bathroom towel on the floor (for the feet). They did not clean our room at all, the only thing they did was strenghten the bed sheets. Her reply made us move out immediatly. She meant that I am only complaining because I did not want to pay....??? This is defenetly not true but in a 17 day holiday and for 5000 INR per night we expect a relaxing and friendly atmosphère. what a pity.. such nice rooms and a very friendly staff, but the most abusively hosts (owners..) we met in a long time.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Barbara K
Reviewed 20 February 2014

We found that place by mistake
But sense we step here we felt grate.
Kate is a very nice and energetic women and the place is very clean the room is perfect and the food in the restaurant is grate.the place in across the street from the beach and they have grate wifi connection which is rare in india

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 23 December 2013

I am a big fan of Goan food... and i heard a lot about this place from my friends.... on my last visit to Agonda, i visited this place for the lunch, and i must say they are one of the best place to have authentic Goan food in Palolem... They also have WiFi connection...

Room Tip: Do try Goan sausages fried rice...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Mahuya1982
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Stayed at Kate's beginning of November .we were staying at Hi tide beach huts , but i am a bit to large for a beach hut .the huts were clean and the staff were good ,but we needed a bit of luxury. moved to Kate's it was wonderful experience Kate and Jack are wonderful hosts and i would recommend this guest house to anybody who had a soul. they do a mean mash potato!!

Room Tip: top floor rooms you can watch the world go by slowly with a kingfisher
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank adrian d
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Kate's was recommended to us by Ciaran's beach huts (the top choice in Lonely Planet) when we turned up without a booking and they were full. Initially we tried the huts on the beach but they were very basic and we were looking for a bit more luxury after backpacking for three weeks.

We had a first floor room in Kate's and it was gorgeous! Everything was wood and there was a massive four-poster bed with mosquito net (although this was not needed as the room was fully sealed with air con). We also had a massive tv, private balcony and a modern, clean bathroom.

It was fairly pricy for India (INR4500 per night) but it was simply fabulous.

Palolem beach is heavenly too. All in all a very pleasant stay. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: First floor rooms have private balconies and are all wood.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pinklefish
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palolem
The Tubki Resort
L'Amore Beach Cottages
L'Amore Beach Cottages
#2 of 12 in Ashvem Beach
Neptune Point Premium Cottages

Been to Kate's Beach Cottages? Share your experiences!