All reviewsoff seasonwonderful hostsmonsoongoabeach
Reviewed 4 April 2015 via mobile

We have been here several times when visit Palolem and we are always very glad to be here. Rooms are clean and have All you need (good wifi, ac and satellit tv) and the staff are so nice and helpfull. The food here is also great. I can highly recommend this place if you want a little extra

Bjarni from Denmark

Stayed: April 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 February 2015

lovely staff and the rooms were clean and secure. music from the church nearby was amusing but nice, food downstairs in the restaurant was good too.
TV & hot water in the room worked well and the bed was comfortables.

enjoyed the stay, thanks

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank electricminds
Reviewed 19 January 2015 via mobile

We visited katescottages when we were in palolem in December I went on to enquire about our stay in march/April and was made so welcome. I was shown around the available rooms all of a very high spec and so clean. I contacted jack and quickly came to a decent price so are looking forward to march.

• Stayed: December 2014
2  Thank 1954Jennie
Reviewed 6 January 2015

We stayed here over New Year, having booked in advance. It was wildly overpriced - 7000rps per night compared to 4500rps for comparable places but because it was very busy in Palolem and we were trying to book from UK we had little choice.
We then decided to move, giving the owners 2 days notice. They claimed they had a 7 day minimum policy so we needed to pay the balance. They had never mentioned this before and it was/is not on their website. They claimed it wasn't about the money but was about honesty.
I'd go so far as to say they are dishonest, crazy people who had little respect for honesty and it was entirely about money. Or is noone who has made a reservation permitted to ever cancel or change plans?
We were well looked after by their lovely staff but the owners are crazy people with little regard for decency or honesty.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dom B
catty f, Owner at Kate's Beach Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2015

Hello sir!
We are shocked& surprise when we read your review.You have booked one room for a week, for new year with a agreed rate of Rs.7000/-per night.This is our rate of peak season & also given on website.Our rooms are big clean, tidy, decent.Your are saying we forced you to pay extra.Please check your facts When you check in you were very happy when you look at the room, but now you write it's half decent.After two nights you said you changed plans, you stay only for four nights instead of a week.We told you cannot do that in peakseason as we take a minimum a week booking.While explaining this to you, how we can get new guest now, you were so rude& even you said me iam crazy.I only ask you, what would you have done if i said you, no room or I changed my plans &give you room after three nights. Once when you booked for a week by sending 50 % advance,& you had not paid remaining balance at the time of check in.This shows you were preplaned to be safe&gaurented room on arrival, &once the deposit get adjusted to find cheaper.After all this happens you agreed to stay for a week, by paying remaining balance,&also you
apologise for calling me crazy & bieng so rude. Please ask your girlfriend, to correct you.
Best regards,

you apologise for calling me crazy &bieng so rude.

Reviewed 1 December 2014 via mobile

We had an awesome dinner at their bar and restaurant, we were looking for good Goan food and found Kate's in Palolem.

The place is very laid back, with some locals enjoying the evening, playing cards, with a few drinks.

We ordered Sarpotel, prawns friend in Goan masala, chicken xacuti and Goan Pau as well as rice... Totally satisfied I must say. Much better fare than the tomato sauce laced dishes u get in most shacks these days.

Check it out guys, is worth it.

Stayed: November 2014, travelled with friends