“Open in The low season!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Ciaran's

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Palolem
Ciaran's
Nyc
“Open in The low season!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

Nicest place to stay on the beach if you are here June-Sept and all the huts are closed. Very comfortable if you want a standard room with cable/ac/ hot water. We generally forego these things for simple huts but there are nine open in Palolem in the summer. Cottages available for families as well.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Sakowich

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Polish first
Buenos Aires, Argentina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

My worst experience in my trip to India. The owner was the most rude person I ever met. His work as a Hotel manager consisted in doing nothing and be sitting at the restaurant with his friends all day, looking at people and guests with a " poop face" . At least his friends did say hello and were more kind than him
As I never got the chance to understood this man problem, I wonder how a person like that runs a hotel !- I 'll never come back to this place in order to avoid people like this, You can choose another hotel in India for the same price and they will say hello with a smile - Dont' book this crap hotel !

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank Alejsj
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed in February for 6 nights. This is probably the best place to stay on the beach! The huts are well built, quite spacious with a comfortable bed; the garden areas are very well kept. The restaurant is also excellent and has good fish available. Palolem beach has lots of good places to eat and drink and whilst is picturesque, descriptions of paradise are a little exaggerated. Parts of the beach are covered in boats! I would recommend Ciarans to anyone wanting a great beach hut experience in a prime location!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Mark P
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

We stayed here in March for 6 nights and I cannot wait to go back.

When we arrived in Palolem we had pre booked 2 nights in the Cuba beach huts which were down the beach. They were terrible, especially when you compare them to Ciaran's. We basically checked in to cuba and then spent the day walking the length of the beach checking out alternative accommodation. So believe me when I tell you nothing else compares to Ciaran's. We were delighted when they told us that they could fit us in but we would have to move rooms 3 times due to other bookings, we didn't mind at all as it enabled us to experience both the garden and sea facing huts.

The whole complex is set up with a strong focus on sustainability and with an ecological ethos being the main factor in the design. Which I may add changes annually due to the fact that it get's dismantled and reconstructed every year! They have a very interesting book about this in the library.
The garden area is immaculately maintained and the owner runs a very tight ship. He basically sits there all day observing his staff and how they are performing. There always seems to be somebody watering some plant or another.
I found the rooms to be great, they are warm during the day but cool down dramatically during the night. I was a bit dubious about having a room with a fan only but they are wall mounted as opposed to ceiling fans and are basically just right. You would not have the A/C on at night if you think that you need one! The overall setting is just beautiful, everything has being carefully constructed and it is such a relaxing and tranquil place.

The beach huts are fantastic and you are awoken every morning when the sun comes up by locals outside playing cricket before they start their days work. It might not be to everyone's taste but I was up very early every morning to enjoy as much of this beautiful part of the world as I could in the short time that I was to be there. I loved the whole setting and would just lie out on the hammock watching them enjoying themselves and listening to the sea roaring behind them. The same again when it was sunset, once the days work was done the children would play amongst the boats and the boys would start up another game of cricket. You are able to lie there on your terrace watching the sun set and admiring the different hues that it sends out across the sky. I don't think that I have ever been as relaxed in my life.

Like I said previously, we also got to experience one of the garden huts. I would gladly spend my entire stay in one of these also. You are lovely and shaded during the day when the heat is at it's most intense and it is very quiet and relaxing if you want to lie in your hammock and read a book. The rooms are identical so nothing more to say there. I guess it is slightly quieter at night due to the fact you don't get the full intensity of the sound of the huge waves crashing against the beach. However, if I had to pick I would say the beach or sea facing room was definitely the one for me, plus personally I loved the 'roar' of the ocean during the night.

The bar and restaurant in Ciaran's is also very good with a barbecue of fresh seafood being cooked up every evening. The food is excellent but despite previous reviews not the best in the area. This is Goa and you need to explore and try to eat in as many places that you can. We found a fantastic place right at the end of the beach up on the rocks which was second to none but I will try and write a review on that separately . Nevertheless Ciaran's food is indeed very very good, the breakfast is fine and although westerners are dubious about eggs etc. I can confirm that the omelette is spot on (took a while getting used to the chills though!!). In the afternoon they have chai tea and fruit bread for their guests which we thoroughly enjoyed. They also give you free drinking water for the duration of your stay which is a nice touch as you generally have to pay in most places.

Finally, I would like to pay homage to the amazing staff who made our stay very enjoyable. What a lovely bunch of friendly people especially Krisha who just talked to everyone with the biggest grin of all time. Very nice guy indeed, although I think he may be playing a very cute game with the ladies!
Overall I would rate my stay in Ciaran's as one of the best I've ever had, I am 100% definitely going to go back there. I have already recommended it to my friends and colleagues and even when we were out there on holiday I convinced a couple to spend the rest of their trip in Ciarans, which they did.

Palolem beach and Ciaran's, I will be seeing you again!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
8 Thank David1976LON
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed here back in March for 8days. A great little resort that whilst making money really cares about the guests. By far the best huts on the beach, clean and secure. The bar area is friendly and really nice surroundings. The gardens are a kept immaculate with all the staff at least once a week giving the whole resort a good going over. We had a beach front hut and at £27ish a night was slightly more than others on the beach but you get what you pay for, the room was great, proper bed with mosquito net, western toilet with a warm shower, this is solar so you have to time it right. The owner was always around keeping an eye on things. Breakfast was limited but very tasty, you can always go elsewhere if you want something more. Free chai and cake in the afternoon was welcome and helped creat a community feel. The resort focus' on being Eco friendly so there is a free water refill machine. Whilst reception wasn't always manned there was always someone to sort any issues, rooms are cleaned on request, we had ours done every other day. The taxi service from the resort was cheap and reliable, just email before you go and they will sort transfers.

We will definitely be going back next year.

• Stayed March 2014
Guernsey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

Having looked at most the huts on this beach I can say ciarans is the nicest and the restaurant is also the nicest setting and probably the best food. It is more expensive than the rest but let's face it, if you're coming from uk these are still extremely cheap prices!
We stayed in a sea front room which I would highly recommend, although I would say that even though we asked our room wasn't cleaned during the stay. The sheets are also not big enough to cover the bed so sometimes makes for an uncomfortable nights sleep. As we were end of season you can pick up some really good bargains from the shops and the beach was relatively quiet which is just what we were looking for. Room didn't have air con but it did have a fairly good fan and we weren't for the most part too hot.
Breakfast was not really adequate which is why I have given only 4 stars, the milk was often off and the eggs were always under cooked. However you can get a good breakfast at any other beach cafe for only around £1 or £2 so can't complain. If you're looking for the nicest beach huts and best food (even if you choose not to stay there) check out ciarans.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
hong kong
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

We spent 10 days in various rooms at Ciaran's. The huts are basic but very functional and well maintained. The 2 restaurants are both very good and enjoy good seaviews right on the beach. The food served in both of these restaurants was markedly better than anything else we ate anywhere in Palolem. The staff were not only extremely welcoming and nice but very helpful too. I would recommend that anyone coming to Palolem stays at Ciaran's over anywhere else. Free wifi and a very good library. Breakfast buffet always the same but should satisfy even the most grumpy morning person. Chai and cake served at 4 each afternoon a nice touch.

Room Tip: There are a few rooms that are ocean facing they look best. We stayed predominatly in Faridabad room...