Quite simply this was the highlight of our 2 week family holiday in Sri Lanka. Well located in the “cultural triangle” it is the perfect base for exploration each day to the key attractions. We originally booked 3 nights however due to our own mix up with our driver and guide we ended up with 4, which was perfect – in fact we were sad to leave!
Ulagalla is really a destination in itself with spread out accommodations in a safari style. We were travelling as a family and booked the 2 bedroom villa with pool – this was excellent. One of the best parts was riding bikes to and from the main house which meant the kids had real freedom to come and go.
The staff was all local Sri Lankan, immensely friendly and welcoming to our family. Special thanks to “Anu” who was just fabulous with the children and us!
The food was great, varied and fresh – we learnt so much here with regards to local cuisine – the best egg hoppers of our trip! (a rice pancake dish shaped with an egg and sambal etc on the side)
Overall a great stay and a highlight of our trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury boutique hotel and spa located in Anuradhapura, North Central of Sri Lanka. Built on 58 lush acres bordering two ancient reservoirs, surrounded by unspoilt nature and tucked away in complete privacy, the resort offers 20 spacious and luxurious chalets, 19 stand alone chalets and one suite, each with its own private plunge pool with all modern amenities. Ulagalla Resort is the perfect base for travelers with a thirst for adventure and a passion for wildlife. But we understand that great adventures are also about elegant simplicity – to return to a cool dip in the pool, rejuvenate in the spa or sip a sundowner on a private deck.Located at the center of the Cultural Triangle and close to national parks, Ulagalla is the perfect base for travelers with a thirst for adventure and passion for wildlife. The resort offers many excursions and guided tours: A cycling tour can be taken to explore the ancient capital of Anuradhapura in a novel way. Exciting wildlife safaris to the plains of Minneriya National Park to watch the elephants or further West to Wilpattu National Park – the realm of leopards - are organized with all the necessary permits.Witness the wonder of Kalawewa – a giant reservoir and a proud feat of engineering of an ancient kingdom, or visit the ancient ruins of Ritigala. Explore the marvels of Sigiriya, Dambulla, Polonnaruwa and other sites of archaeological and historical significance on a day trip. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your Uga Ulagalla reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ulagalla Hotel Thirappane
- Uga Ulagalla Sri Lanka/North Central Province - Thirappane