Review Highlights
Fantastic Birthday Treat for my 8 year old!

My daughter and 7 of her friends (and associated adults) came to SMJ for a birthday treat to... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
loops
W Yorkshire
Birthday treat

Went for a birthday treat at the weekend. What a fantastic experience we had, flew a hawk and a red... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Navigator796458
via mobile

All reviews birds of prey beautiful birds little owl birds including barn owl an amazing experience hawk walk great variety of birds peregrine falcon an experience not to be missed highly recommend this experience brilliant morning soft toys moment you arrive excellent afternoon yorkshire countryside wrap up warm
Reviewed 23 July 2013

The falconry team were at Cannon Hall Farm with some of their beautiful birds of prey. We really enjoyed the display, to see these birds flying so close is wonderful, especially that heart in mouth moment when you wonder if they are going just fly away or land right on top of you. The information given during the display is good, just about enough for kids to take in and remember and mixed with humour keeps the adults engaged. We went to see the birds afterwards at their display stand (a little better signing would be good as they were in a quiet corner). We had a long and very interesting chat with the guys and I was thrilled to find myself holding one of their birds, which made my day! I can't recommend spending time with these wonderful birds highly enough. I better not forget the knowledgeable and friendly people, their care for these birds shone through. This was their first display at Cannon Hall and I wish them every success.

Date of experience: July 2013
2  Thank Dee W
Reviewed 21 April 2013

My son bought me an owl experience for christmas and we went a few weeks ago.What a fabulous day, so informative, Chris and his team were brilliant, we asked lots of questions and all were answered comprehensively, nothing was too much trouble including a cup of tea!!!. The birds were fantastic, I'd highly recommend SMJ falconry for a fantastic experience.

Date of experience: April 2013
3  Thank Andy F
Reviewed 17 January 2013

A friendly, family run falconry business. We bought an experience half-day for my teenage son's birthday and it was brilliant. With lots of information given about the various birds of prey, (owls, hawks and falcons), the opportunity to see them up close and flying, and the chance to hold these magnificent birds.
At that age when they have grown out of 'parties' and for anybody who is interested in birds this is highly recommended. Set in beautiful scenery this is a wonderful treat.

Date of experience: October 2012