“A Fantastic Afternoon”
Review of SMJ Falconry

SMJ Falconry
Ranked #1 of 4 things to do in Oxenhope
More attraction details
Owner description: SMJ Falconry is a private Bird of prey centre based outside of Oxenhope, West Yorkshire. We are only open to pre-booked experience days. We also run educational school visits, displays and corporate days.
Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend purchased a half day experience at SMJ. We were warmly greeted on arrival by all the staff and had an in depth tour of the Falconry. All the birds are absolutely stunning and it is clear how well they are looked after as they were all relaxed when handled by the staff. We got to handle some of the owls and learn about there habits and later on we got to fly a few of the owls and even went for a walk with a handsome Harris Hawk called Henry. We never felt like we were rushed in and out of the Falconry and it is clear the team at SMJ love what they do and this is a reflection on how well run the place is.
Definately advise all age groups to come here as everyone can learn and apreciate how beautiful these creatures are. A definite 10 out of 10. A great and satisfying afternoon in the beautiful Yorkshire countryside.

1  Thank Philmoves
"little owl"
"birds including"
"peregrine falcon"
in 2 reviews
"highly recommend this experience"
"christmas present"
"enjoyable morning"
"yorkshire countryside"
"different species"

Reviewed 9 January 2014

We booked a three person owl experience and were amazed by what we saw and did. The staff are very knowledgeable and friendly and we held and flew a lot of different birds of different sizes. We had a really fun day and recommend it to anyone visiting the area.

1  Thank Tumukingofwu
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I booked SMJ to come to my school as a starter activity to the half term. The experience for the children was excellent and three year one classes all sat in absolute silence as they were totally memorized by the different owls on display.
I work in an inner city school where many of the children don't have much access to the country side so I half expected the children to be scared. The calm nature of the handler and the interesting talk put them at ease and they all stroked and held the owls.
As a teacher it was so rewarding to see the children get so much out of it and have an experience that they would never get outside school. SMJ are well worth the money and I would recommend anyone to book them. I can't wait until this time next year when I will book them again.

Reviewed 23 July 2013

The falconry team were at Cannon Hall Farm with some of their beautiful birds of prey. We really enjoyed the display, to see these birds flying so close is wonderful, especially that heart in mouth moment when you wonder if they are going just fly away or land right on top of you. The information given during the display is good, just about enough for kids to take in and remember and mixed with humour keeps the adults engaged. We went to see the birds afterwards at their display stand (a little better signing would be good as they were in a quiet corner). We had a long and very interesting chat with the guys and I was thrilled to find myself holding one of their birds, which made my day! I can't recommend spending time with these wonderful birds highly enough. I better not forget the knowledgeable and friendly people, their care for these birds shone through. This was their first display at Cannon Hall and I wish them every success.

2  Thank Dee W