“Hunting on Buckden Pike”
Review of SMJ Falconry

SMJ Falconry
Ranked #1 of 5 things to do in Oxenhope
More attraction details
Owner description: SMJ Falconry is a private Bird of prey centre based outside of Oxenhope, West Yorkshire. We are only open to pre-booked experience days. We also run educational school visits, displays and corporate days.
Reviewed 14 December 2014

Had a great time up in the fog with Chris and Oslo recently. A great experience I'd definitely recommend.

Date of experience: November 2014
in 6 reviews
"great variety of birds"
"peregrine falcon"
in 2 reviews
"an experience not to be missed"
in 2 reviews
"highly recommend this experience"
"brilliant morning"
"soft toys"
"moment you arrive"
"excellent afternoon"
"yorkshire countryside"
in 3 reviews
"wrap up warm"

Reviewed 3 November 2014

An absolutely fantastic experience.
I took a group of 16 friends for a half day experience.
We were introduced to the birds and learned about them.
Sandra, Chris and Ian made my guests very welcome and they had a great surprise when they realized that they were going to hold some of the birds, and have them fly to them.
It was a brilliant day.

Date of experience: October 2014
1  Thank ParkfieldRoad
Reviewed 2 November 2014

Just returned from a lovely afternoon at SMJ Falconry, what can I say other than all the hawks and owls were wonderful. I have to say I really enjoyed meeting Julianne the Vulture
My experience both watchIng the birds fly and handling them was magic. If you like owls and Hawks I would really recommend an afternoon at SM J

Date of experience: November 2014
1  Thank Geradinio
Reviewed 16 October 2014

I'd thoroughly recommend the owl encounter. Sandra was welcoming, knowledgeable and open; she clearly loves her owls, hawks and kestrels. I spent an hour being introduced to each bird in their pens and learning about them; an hour handling half-a-dozen of the birds (who sat on my gloved hand) and playing with a ferret; and an hour watching a series of kites and kestrels fly in the meadow. It was an awesome sight to see them flying, and an wonderful afternoon all round. The birds are simply breathtaking in their beauty and variety.

Date of experience: October 2014
1  Thank Ary840
See more reviews
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We had a wonderful afternoon at SMJ Falconry. Sandra was very knowledgeable, friendly, relaxed and had an amazing connection and respect for all the birds and a lovely energy to be around. We handled and flew a kestrel, an owl and a hawk. We watched a falcon take food in the air. We would really recommend this experience very highly.u

Date of experience: July 2014