“Home away from homd”
other traveller has booked this property
Oceanfront side of the Living Waters
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Oceanfront side of the Living Waters
Pool and covered, heated jacuzzi
Front of the house at dusk
Great Room
Great Room
Looking Into The Dining
Room And Kitchen From The Great Room
Upstairs Oceanview Queen Bedroom With Private Balcony
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Lisa A
“Home away from homd”
Reviewed 15 August 2017 for a stay in July 2017
person found this review helpful

My stay at Living Waters was nothing but perfect. I was a little nervous before I went to Roatan because it was my first time out of the country, but the house was so welcoming that I immediately felt at home as soon as I got there. The house is beautiful with such a breathtaking view. I would recommend it for a family trip, a friend trip, couples trip, honeymoon, you name it I would recommend it. The snorkeling right off the beach is amazing, we saw countless fish, shells, and even a lobster! Also available at the house are kayaks, those were very fun in the salty water. One day we even had someone from Salty Life pick us up at the dock right in front of the house, he took us snorkeling and on a tour. It was amazing. Not only is the scenery beautiful but the house is also a great place to spend your time. There's a hot tub and infinity pool.
When you're ready to go to bed after a long day in the sun, the beds are amazing. I even went home and bought the same beds that they had at Living Waters. That's how amazing those beds are.
I could go on forever talking about my week in paradise. But I think you need to experience it yourself! I will definitely be returning to Living Waters in the future.

I included a picture of my view every morning while drinking my coffee so you could experience the beauty too.

Jordan B
“Perfect remote getaway home”
Reviewed 15 August 2017 for a stay in July 2017

Stayed here in July and fell absolutely in love with the home and the location. If you want peace and serenity, then this is the place for you. Tucked away on the locals side of the island, you'll be able to enjoy swimming in the ocean, soaking the sun on the beach, snorkeling the warm waters, and much more without hundreds of tourists surrounding you. The home itself has everything you need, coming with the most modern and up-to-date amenities. Will definitely be back in the future.

Kathleen...
Charleston, South Carolina
“Truly, the most luxurious, private beach home we've ever rented!”
Reviewed 1 August 2017 for a stay in July 2017
people found this review helpful

We've just returned from Living Waters, and we'll never stay anywhere else on Roatan!! This was our fifth or sixth time vacationing on this beautiful island, and we fell so in love with the house, the location, the property, and the tranquility of Living Waters, that we can't imagine staying elsewhere.

The house is situated on the East end of the north side of the island, far away from the towns, crowds, big resorts, and nightlife, which is what we look for in a rental home, yet there is much to do!

There are two amazing restaurants which are both a short walk down the beach. The first is La Sirena, a super special place. It's a thatch hut over the water with fantastic ceviche, and we adore Walter the bartender/waiter/cook. We found La Sirena last year when we were on a tour of the island on jet skis, so we were thrilled to stay just down the beach from it and we ate there three or four times! Living Water's website describes La Sirena as "authentic", which is the perfect word for it! If you go, we hope you'll appreciate the experience as much as we did.

Camp Bay Lodge, which has the best quesadillas we've ever tasted, and boasts the sweetest servers Racheal and Vicki, is a cool place as well. It's a small, peaceful lodge with only a few rooms and tree swings, hammocks, and Adirondack chairs just off the restaurant's deck in the sand facing the beach. Our children made friends with the children staying there, and spent hours jumping off their dock into the ocean, swinging in and hanging from their trees as the sun set and my husband and I sat, drinks in hand loving the simplicity of island life. (They also played tag and capture the flag together in our yard, and we all went snorkeling with Crissy together one afternoon. More on Crissy to come!). I also had a massage upstairs on the open patio to the sounds of ocean waves with Marylou, who gives an incredible massage. She was unbelievably sweet to my 9 year old daughter and even showed her how to do some of the massage strokes. After the massage, Marylou asked if there were any other spots I'd like repeated or worked on further. In all my years of getting massages, no one has ever asked me that! The lodge also offers fishing excursions, kite surfing, yoga, and other activities.

In the evenings, we loved walking down the beach barefoot and in our cover ups to dinner. It was a beautiful dinner route, simple and easy, and after all, we jumped in the pool and jacuzzi after returning from dinner every night! We played so hard during the day, that the kids went to bed early and we were able to enjoy the quiet and peace of floating in the pool, listening to the sounds of the waves lapping on the beach, and and gazing at the bounty of stars viewable due to the lack of light pollution.

Crissy and Brian are the owners of the first-class Pangea Dive Shop, which is attached to their house, so you wouldn't even know it was there if you walked by on the beach. It's two lots over from Living Waters. We've been diving on all sides of the island, and can say without hesitation that Crissy is one of the best dive masters on the island. She was super observant and unlike other dive masters, wasn't as structured and took time to enjoy and allow my son to enjoy the beauty of the reef. Once she even took us on one of her dive trips so we could all snorkel while she and a group dove, since my daughter isn't old enough to dive yet. But she will be next year, and we'll definitely be diving again with Crissy!

Now let me tell you about Hanford and Mr. Johnny! I asked Crissy about Hanford's tours, because I had seen his information on the living waters website. Crissy highly recommended him, and boy were we happy she did!! Hanford was kind, relaxed, knowledgeable about the area having been born and raised on Roatan, and he took us to two of the most spectacular beaches we've ever seen, neither of which are accessible by land. One was Pigeon Key, a very small island that seems to be set in the middle of the ocean. The water around it is incredibly turquoise, and we had great snorkeling there. One of the best things about the island is that we were the only people there! We told Hanford we weren't interested in going to islands with crowds, and he definitely listened to us! He took us there because on that particular day of the week, he knew there wouldn't be a crowd. The other beach was empty as well, sans a guard to protect the one home on the island, and had the most gorgeous shells, sea glass, and rocks that looked like jade. Hanford told us we could take some home, and it will always remind us of our special day with him.

I asked Crissy what else we should consider doing, and she strongly recommended we book a tour with Mr. Johnny. Mr. Johnny is also a lifelong Roatan resident, probably in his 60s or so, and we felt honored and privileged to have been given a Mangrove tour by him in his beyond-cool boat! Johnny's boat is a 30 foot, 50 year old kayuka built from a single, hollowed out log! Johnny, like most of the people of Roatan, is resourceful, and has used what he can find on the island to keep his boat in service over the years. The boat has a diesel motor mounted in the rear and an inboard drive set-up running through the bottom of the hull to a prop. The steering was controlled by a rudder attached to two strings which Johnny could control from the center of the boat. The speed was controlled by a block of wood with 2 fishing lines attached to it that ran back to the motor to move the throttle forward to go faster or back to go slower. My husband has been a fishing captain for 18 years. We live on the ocean, and boating is a big part of our lives. He loved every minute of being on this boat with Johnny, even when it rained! Johnny's boat, being very narrow, was able to navigate through the 3 foot wide man-made mangroves that transacted the island. Johnny has a lot of stories to tell, and we can't wait to get back and hear more of them on another mangrove tour! When Crissy told us about Mr. Johnny, she didn't have his phone number, so she offered to get word to him the following morning as he goes by every morning on his way to get coffee, which she did. With our permission, she totally set the tour up for us!

She also offered to get word to a man named Dale Gilbert, who takes people horseback riding, when I asked her about that activity. She set that up for us as well! My nine-year-old daughter wanted to go, and so Mr. Gilbert took us riding for four hours, up and over hills with spectacular views of the ocean below, and down alongside the beach through fruit trees of many types, and he would tell us about the fruits and stop often to pick the fruit off the trees for us to eat. What a treat!

So basically what I am describing in this super-long post is a one-of-a-kind, luxurious, beachfront home with privacy, yet enough amenities and activities available that you will never want to leave!! The home is very well appointed with a calm and neutral palette, and it seems that no detail has been overlooked. We loved being able to play relaxing music from our playlists through the speakers inside and outside while swimming in the pool, which comes equipped with a shark float, skirt guns, and other pool toys, and we used the grill to cook lobster for lunch one day and ate it under the palapa, while sipping coconut juice from fresh coconuts Lanny brought us.

Lanny is the groundskeeper and we developed an affection in our hearts for him. Lanny was there every morning and afternoon, setting the kayaks out for us in case we wanted to take them out to the reef to snorkel (which was amazing, by the way), raking the sand, and making sure we were comfortable and had everything we needed. Lanny is kind and humble, and genuinely cared about ensuring our stay was positive. We showed our appreciation by tipping him well and giving him the 10 tons of food we didn't eat as we bought way too much at the grocery store!

One more thing about Living Waters: In the past, we've rented a house on the opposite side of the island, and with the wonderful wind the north side of the island gets, it made a tremendous difference in the comfort level inside the house! During the day we were comfortable with the windows open and the breeze blowing through, and at night we used the air conditioners, which worked so well I woke up chilly a few times! Trust me, this isn't easy to find on Roatan, but Living Waters is equipped with all new and modern technology and appliances.

If you are looking for an amazing place to stay that is private, luxurious, within easy reach of some of the most spectacular gems on the island (Paya Bay, La Sirena, etc.), meticulously planned and appointed, where you can explore the most beautiful places surrounding the island and really get to know the people of the island, this is the vacation home for you! Our entire family is looking forward to returning

Management Response
10 Aug 2017
Kathleen, I'm so glad you and your family had such a great time at Living Waters and the Camp Bay area! Thank you so much for the absolutely spectacular and comprehensive review! Looking forward to having you and your family come back and stay with us again!

Blaine B., owner of Living Waters
claudiabe...
Katy, Texas
“Living Waters is Little Peace of Heaven”
person found this review helpful

Unbelievably luxurious home in a pristine, relatively untouched paradise. Our family had a wonderful time at Living Waters and we all created incredible memories. Our children encounterd live lobsters and crabs while snorkeling right in front of this gorgeous home. We also got to see shrimp, as well as beautiful fish... The jacuzzi and pool was so nice with a breath taking view of the ocean. Moody Jones, of "Salty Life" picked us up right on Living Waters private dock for a great snorkeling, sight-seeing, and fishing tour. He even caught a Lionfish for us when we visited Pigeon Cay! Kayaks and snorkeling gear was provided. I took a long walk along Camp Bay beach every morning and got to really appreciate God's creation and to give Him thanks for the opportunity of being in such a beautiful place. This trip was a true blessing!!! We are so fortunate that God made our dreams come true. It exceeded my expectations and all the glory goes to God since this vacation was an answered prayer. The restaurants near by were excellent and the people incredibly nice. The house inside was so inviting and possessed all the modern conveniences, and the beds were soooo comfortable. I will definitly recommend Living Waters to all my friends and family, and we will be back sooner rather than later!

Brittany...
Columbus, Ohio
“Perfect, private paradise”
person found this review helpful

Although the trip out to the home takes about an hour from the airport, it's a perfect private paradise filled with tons of activities for couples and families alike! There are also a couple delicious restaurants within walking distance (La Sirena and Camp Bay were our favorites). It's the perfect spot for a couples vacation with friends, a large group, or a family that wants the best of the beach but without the large crowds that you'd find in West Bay. We will definitely be staying here again the next time we return to Roatan! :)

Your age range 25-34
Juli R
“5 stars isn't enough”
person found this review helpful

For my first time ever visiting Roatan, I could not have picked a better place to stay. Although we took a few trips around the island, I 100% absolutely would have been content staying the entire week at the house!! The view is beautiful, the house is beautiful, the beds are comfortable and the a/c was great (especially for an island that doesnt have a/c in alot of places). All of the water in the house is purified. It was very comfortable. I slept better than I do in the states. And not to mention, there was so much to do! There was kayaking, snorkeling, an infinity pool, a hottub (my favorite), and relaxing hammocks. What more could you ask for? I will definitely be returning next summer!

anakos76
Colorado
“Luxury accommodations in a serene setting - scuba and kite boarding steps away.”
Reviewed 25 April 2017 for a stay in April 2017
person found this review helpful

We decided to visit Camp Bay to kite board and scuba dive. We didn't know much about Roatan or Camp Bay prior to visiting and we are so glad we made the choice to vacation there and stay in this home.

The home is spectacular. It is a newly built house and the attention to detail is impressive. The bedrooms are spacious, the beds are comfortable, the bathrooms are modern, the showers are nice, and the well stocked kitchen is wonderful! My husband kept saying that he felt like he was staying at the Ritz Carleton. But the setting is what makes this home even better! It has a lovely outdoor pool and hot tub (heated by solar) and it is STEPS from the ocean with its own dock. We woke up to the sounds of waves and bird calls right outside the door.

The scuba diving shop, Dive Pangea, was next door (highly recommend) and the kite boarding and Camp Bay Resort was 2 doors down (also highly recommend). The convenience of having our chosen activities steps away from the house was perfect. The area is quiet - there are few people which creates a serene, untouched environment. If you want a quiet escape away from crowds, this is your spot.

Some suggestions: There are 2 places to eat, the Camp Bay Resort (breakfast, lunch, dinner) and La Sirena (lunch & dinner) within walking distance. We ate at both places but also stopped for groceries at Eldon's Market near the airport before coming to Camp Bay. You will want to get what you need for your stay (food, water, sunscreen, etc) prior to arriving in Camp Bay. There aren't any traditional "stores" in the area. There is no cell phone service but the wifi in the house works great.

The property management company was wonderful. Francisco met us at the airport and escorted us to the grocery store and then to the house. This was incredibly helpful because without his guidance I would have said that we were lost. However, after driving about an hour from the airport, on some dirt roads, we pulled in next to the ocean and this spectacular home. There is a house manager named Lany (not sure how to spell it), and he was the sweetest and most helpful guy. He got out the kayaks for us and took great care of the property. He also would bring us fresh coconuts so we could have coconut water. We were told Anna could cook for us but we didn't use that service since I like to cook.

Overall, I would highly recommend this vacation spot if you are looking for adventure activities in a quiet setting.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing