“Lovely Stay On A Well Run Site.”
Review of Waverley Park

Waverley Park
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Just back from a stay on this site, overlooking the Solent, though the higher up the terracing the better. The pitch that goes against that grain is pitch 32 on the camping field. A view straight through the trees, onto the sea, where you can watch all the coming and going of the ships.

Each pitch is serviced with water and grey waste. Phone (O2) was good and so was the TV reception. Pitches 1 and 2 (up at the top, near the pool and the playground) are grass, as are pitches 29, 30 and 31 (mine). The rest are hardstanding for the van, with grass for the awning.

Happy hour in the bar was 6 - 7 with a good range of beers and lagers. There was a variety of non intrusive entertainment on throughout the week, such as a singer, a quiz and bingo etc. There was definitely a feeling of regulars who come year after year, which is testament to the owners. All the staff I had any dealing with were very friendly and helpful. I was especially grateful to the two chaps on a tractor that got me on my pitch "nose first".

There is one thing that needs to be remembered, the walk up to the facilities block is steep and quite a way away. Important for those with mobility issues.

I would definitely recommend this site, as it is easy to get to (thats an understatement) from East Cowes Red Funnel terminal, the view is its major selling point and it was well run by friendly people.

I'm just about to go online and see whats available for a fortnight in September.

Room Tip: Wi Fi in the bar from 6pm. Pitches 3, 11 and 19 get a particularly good view and are end pitches wi...
Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank jonathanstafford

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Have just returned from a week in caravan at Waverley Park. It was our first experience of this site but will be returning. Found the van to be spotless and site also. Food in the clubhouse was excellent and staff very friendly and helpful. With it being so close to the ferry but also convenient for buses and the local Waitrose you couldn't ask for more.Even saw the resident red squirrel which was a first despite having been to the island many times.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Billy A
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We stayed in one of the flats, which was equipped with everything you need, and is very spacious, there was 2 of us but a family would still find it plenty big enough. We never used the pool but it was popular with other guests, Cowes is a short walk away via a free chain ferry over to the pubs and restaurants of cowes, as the choice in east cowes is limited to a couple of small local pubs and an Indian restaurant and a very good Chinese takeaway, the park is at the top of a quite steep hill from the chain ferry. We used the clubhouse and found it very friendly with both locals and holiday makers , some entertainment was on which was good, not over priced drinks either, would definitely return.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Loved it here when me and my sister stayed for the Isle of Wight festival. The owners were so kind to us because we were from Edinburgh and kept us right the whole weekend. So many things to do and the showers were an unexpected bonus for us considering we were camping!!! Definately will be coming back!!!

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Luken333
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed here in early June and was extremely disappointed! The caravan itself was dirty, still had crumbs on the table. The radiator by the toilet had obviously been used for target practice by previous residents and hadn't been cleaned, therefore causing rust spots. There was also rust on the shower unit.

When I visited the clubhouse, I was made to feel like an alien, maybe because I was travelling alone... (Shock, horror!).

I loved the Isle of Wight and will returning (to the Island...), next year. But I definitely won't be returning to Waverley Park!

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Cattit
classiccamping, Owner at Waverley Park, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear Cattit,

I'm sorry you feel the caravan was not clean I only wish you had reported your concerns so we could have rectified the situation.

I can not understand why you did not feel welcome in the club house. You sat out of the way in a corner and stared at your phone the entire time you where there. I spoke to you to check everything was ok with your meal and again later to let you know we had wifi and tell you the password. At no point did I get the feeling you wanted to be engaged in conversation as you kept yourself to yourself.

I'm glad you enjoyed the rest of the island and I hope you have many more happy holidays here.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Having stayed in many 'holiday parks' most owned by the well known companies this family run site is by far a cut above the rest. The facilities are simple but perfect and the location is second to none. We stayed for a week during half term, we found the caravan perfect in its location and the on site facilities just right. There is a really lovely atmosphere to the site and we felt comfortable in letting the children (8 and 11) roam! The bar offers drinks at a very reasonable rate and the views are spectacular. I have already recommended to friends and family and we will definitely be back. THANK YOUX

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Tigerpond
Reviewed 31 May 2014

just returned from our first visit this year cant wait to return again in August
warm welcome as always from the site owners caravan was spotless not a thing out of place
cannot praise this site enough
nice to see all the old faces again including the retired scouse barman you reallyy dont look old enough
see you all again soon and thanks again to you all

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
#2 of 2 in Rookley
Prince of Wales Pub
Prince of Wales Pub
#2 of 2 in East Cowes

Been to Waverley Park? Share your experiences!