Just back from a stay on this site, overlooking the Solent, though the higher up the terracing the better. The pitch that goes against that grain is pitch 32 on the camping field. A view straight through the trees, onto the sea, where you can watch all the coming and going of the ships.
Each pitch is serviced with water and grey waste. Phone (O2) was good and so was the TV reception. Pitches 1 and 2 (up at the top, near the pool and the playground) are grass, as are pitches 29, 30 and 31 (mine). The rest are hardstanding for the van, with grass for the awning.
Happy hour in the bar was 6 - 7 with a good range of beers and lagers. There was a variety of non intrusive entertainment on throughout the week, such as a singer, a quiz and bingo etc. There was definitely a feeling of regulars who come year after year, which is testament to the owners. All the staff I had any dealing with were very friendly and helpful. I was especially grateful to the two chaps on a tractor that got me on my pitch "nose first".
There is one thing that needs to be remembered, the walk up to the facilities block is steep and quite a way away. Important for those with mobility issues.
I would definitely recommend this site, as it is easy to get to (thats an understatement) from East Cowes Red Funnel terminal, the view is its major selling point and it was well run by friendly people.
I'm just about to go online and see whats available for a fortnight in September.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Waverley Park is a small family run site with stunning views over the Solent and Cowes harbour. You can choose from our modern comfortable static caravans, bring your own tourer, motorhome or tent or stay in one of our self-contained flats. During the summer months we have a pub and restaurant on site serving a good selection of home cooked meals, real ale and entertainment nightly in high season. The views from the bar terrace are among the best on the Island. We have recently installed super fast broadband that can be accessed anywhere on site for free. Combine this with a heated pool, modern high quality shower facilities and your sure of a great base for exploring the Isle of Wight, the jewel in England's crown. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Waverley Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waverley Park Hotel Cowes
- Waverley Park Isle Of Wight/East Cowes