“a late lunch!”

Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Soups
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Step back to the 1940's and lose yourself for an hour or two. Enjoy proper tea from teapots china cups and saucers. We do afternoon tea, Cream Tea, Home-made Cakes and Home-made Stews/Soups. Our motto: Careless talk cost lives but a pot of tea & cake costs less than a fiver. Come see for yourself and say hello to Mrs J and her crew.
Reviewed 9 June 2014

On Friday 6th June we went to the tea depot for lunch arriving at 12. It was 12.40 before the food arrived! The food/service was good but the kitchen clearly struggles to deal with orders when there are more than a few people there ( the room only takes about 25 at most). Locals have clearly learned their lesson and order ahead but this means that visitors get pushed even further back even if they arrived well before those who had booked ahead.

The depot seems to be struggling to cope with its own success. The food was good and of reasonable value. Just don't go there at meal times if you have a tight timetable or are on a 1 hour meter.

There are newer reviews for Mrs Jones Tea Depot

Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

This tea room is absolutely delightful. For all you vintage fans it is a must go to place! The decor is wonderful. It looks small but plenty of space. Located very close to the ferry terminal so why not allow a little extra time to stop by when catching the ferry? No nonsense delicious teatime treats, and fabulous cupcakes. Lots of gluten free options including full English breakfast. I have Coeliac Disease and this place is recommended on my fb page Isle of Wight Coeliac & Gluten Free.

1  Thank HelenRockabillyGirl
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Mrs. J does real, proper doorstep (at least 1inch per slice!) sandwiches at prices that really won't break the bank!

I popped in with my daughter today. We had a bbq bacon melt doorstep, a bacon and egg doorstep, a HUGE pot of tea, and 2 cans of coke ( my daughter got thirsty waiting for me to finish the pot - SIX cups in I still hadn't finished it and gave up trying!) All for £10!

We actually struggled to finish the sandwiches and as I have already said I gave up trying to finish the tea!

We hope to have my husband 92year-old grandmother visit in the summer...and I think an afternoon tea here might be on the cards for her!

I don't know how you do it for the price Mrs.Jones, but keep up the good work!!!

Nicky.

1  Thank Nicola C
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I've been to the this tea room quite a few times in the past few months, for breakfast, lunch and afternoon tea and cakes. I've never been disappointed! It's not just about the great value food, it's about the styling, charm and atmosphere of this 1940's themed cafe. I will continue to recommend it to my friends and family.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Worth the 120 mile journey from Kent to the isle of Wight. Part of the ritual of going to the island. Would NOT miss this place for anything.