“family vacation in santa lucia at amigo mayanabo”

and 1 more site!
Club Amigo Mayanabo
Reviewed 26 May 2014

a little gem of a place where the staff and locals are Extremely nice and hospitable.We stayed 1 week in May and was quite relax, hotel not full but staff did everything to please us to the max.beach had some seaweed and was a little walk but really nothing to complain about.the animation is really cool and Elio super cool and funny.We had souper a la carte and was very nice especially seafood on the beachfront...great service and clean rooms but small but were not there for the rooms are we?i would recommend and surely to return at the great price we got $590.

Room Tip: i dont know much about the other rooms because mine was small but ok for me and my wife and daughter...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Niketmik L
Write a ReviewReviews (1,020)

Reviewed 17 May 2014

The resort was spotless, there was no garbage anywhere. The food absolutely amazing, lots of choices for anyone, I myself am a very picky eater and always found something to eat (Ps. They have ketchup). We went to both a la carte restaurants, one an international cuisine and the other a seafood restaurant both really good. The resort was almost entirely empty, mostly Cubans at the resort besides a few other Canadians. We loved the quiet, it was very refreshing. The staff didn't speak much English but the English they did speak made it work. If I was to complain about anything it would be the beach, it was a really nice beach, but there was a lot of seaweed, and just inside the water there was a layer of rocks which didn't feel nice when trying to get out. Other than that the beach was nice, but very windy. I recommend going on the rodeo excursion which you get when you book at the resort. It was a fun day, going to real Cuban village and seeing a Cuban rodeo with a beautiful pig roast dinner, absolutely amazing. You also visit an elementary school and see all the kids in class, bring stuff to give the kids, they love it even if its just pencils and pens. We also went scuba diving, we've never done it before so we had to pay for the intro lesson. It was amazing in the ocean and I'd recommend it to anyone who wants to try something new. We also did the snorkelling trip to the coral reef and I'd recommend that for everyone, for 25 pesos you get to go to the second largest coral reef in Cuba and it's such a fun day. Also, on our way to the airport I heard people from the Brisas resort complaining about the food and how they were always hungry cause they didn't want to eat the food. Mayanabo resort was my first trip to Cuba and I'd recommend it to everyone, if your looking for a romantic getaway this is the perfect match.

Room Tip: We stayed in block 3, it had loud music from the disco but it didn't bother us.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Ogravy
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Awesome food, coming from the pickiest eater in the world, i ate more then enough every meal.
Entertainment was great, you can never be bored...
Was there in may 2014. Nice and quiet not a party scene. Service was great by most of the staff!

My only complaints was the cockroaches in the first room I was in.
And if attending this hotel BRING BUG SPRAY, mosquitoes come out at night.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Stephanie C
Reviewed 6 May 2014

This was our third visit to Club Amigo Mayanabo,from April 23-30, 2014, and I can only say "WOW!!!" Again, we were welcomed like family. Open arms and smiles all around. This is the best place to be. I would recommend this resort to old and young and all in between. There is something for everyone. Dance lessons by the pool, spanish lessons, and an ice cream cart that comes by the pool to deliver your cold treat. They have added a tea patio. This is so relaxing. Tea at mid afternoon, in the shade of the unbrellas at the front of the resort. Cozy. Victor at the front desk is so helpful. Maricel is just beautiful. She comes to you with a smile and a hug to welcome you. Danniel in the coffee bar, putting the finishing touches on your coffee, a little cinnamon of chocolate heart in the foam of your capuccino. Frankie and Elio from the entertainment crew, so welcoming. They took the time with the spanish lessons. Very helpful. This is a place that you can really go and be comfortable. No worries. I will continue going back again and again. The rooms are spotless, all the staff are so helpful.

Room Tip: I would visit the organic restaurant if you get a chance. Just go out to the front of the resort and...
6  Thank Loriel6801
Reviewed 2 May 2014

My wife and I went to Mayanabo April 23 to April 30. This was our 3rd time to Mayanabo and they always treat us like family... the food was good. I am a real picky eater as I did eat alot of pasta, but did try some of the buffet and what i did try was really good....The staff always have a smile on their face and always say hello....They have added a few things since last yr coconut bar, a tea patio and a sea food restaurant by the beach... The pool area was perfect and the pool was cleaned every day... The beach area was clean..... I can not say enough about Mayanabo i will be going back next yr and many yrs to come

Room Tip: Take a buggy, that are always available out front, and go visit the Organic Restaurant. Braulio is t...
2  Thank Kevin196412
HMayanabo, General Manager at Club Amigo Mayanabo, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2017

We are very grateful for your remarks. Your suggestions and opinions are very helpful for our job. We invite you to continue to select our hotel to spend your next vacation.
All the best. Hotel manager.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

I took my two daughters 12 and 15 yrs old and their two best friends. So me, "the mama" and four teenage girls. I was worried at first travelling with such a group, but I chose right when we went to the Mayanabo. The staff were so helpful and friendly, especially Frankie. I was able to relax while the girls explored. They have a lifeguard, so even when I wanted to lay back and read by the pool, someone was watching. We went to the beach every evening to look at the stars, and not once did we feel threatened being off the resort. We all discoed every night too. My 15 yr olds had dates with some young cuban men, and they were treated with respect. What a great time. Our group has decided to return every year to the Mayanabo. The people of Cuba, and playa Santa Lucia especially are very welcoming and extremely friendly. I did not feel harrased by vendors at all. If your a single mom, with some children, this would be the perfect spot for your family. Its small, friendly and so much fun!

Room Tip: choose a main floor,then you have a lovely balcony
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Louise S

All the best. Hotel manager.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

We just got back from this resort. I have only positive things to say about it. We've been to 3 other resorts in Cuba that we loved, but never really felt the need to return to them. We are the type of people that can have fun where ever we go and don't expect 5 star treatment or anything. Some people who write reviews seem to expect more than Cuba is able to offer. As far as this resort goes though - we can't wait to get back to Club Amigo Mayanabo!

We got off the bus to a procession of animacion staff, music and drinks. The atmosphere was awesome and check in was flawless and fast. The people at the desk were extremely friendly and the man that helped us with our bags not only carried two 45 pound suitcases without complaint, but then proceeded to explain everything in the room from the remote for the tv, to the air conditioning remote. (Thank you Ernesto!) They have a wonderful variety of drinks (including my favourite slushy ones) and the bartenders (Avilio and Damian in particular!) are so friendly and always smiling. The coffee bar was great and Santiago, Daniel and Antonio looked after us and always had a smile or a joke. The rooms were comfortable (but we brought our own pillows which helped! lol) This resort had the best buffet we've had yet in Cuba. The one thing I was completely thrilled about were the washrooms on the resort. We've experienced some less than pleasing ones in the past, but there was almost always toilet paper and if they did run out, it was replaced quickly. It was spotless and the cleaning staff were so friendly. Reynaldo the new public relations guy is a total cutie pie and will be a hit with all the younger girls I'm sure! The bar down by the beach (we called it Mario's bar) was great. Even on the really hot days the breeze blows in and there always seemed to be someone there playing music. The atmosphere is so relaxing - we stayed there way too long, but had a great time and the twins are wonderful singers/musicians.

The bartenders in Cuba always pour drinks that are much too strong for me (I'm a bit of a lightweight in that department!) They got to know my request for "poquito" rum or vodka (little bit!) and I never had to ask again. They remember what you like and really work to make you feel at home there. The buffet staff are also really friendly and always have a smile. The food was simple but really tasty. We always found something we wanted to eat and enjoyed our meals. The bread and cookies are phenomenal! This is the first time I've gained weight on vacation in Cuba! lol

We've never been this relaxed at a resort or as impressed with how open and friendly the staff are. We can't wait to go back again and made a bunch of friends that have been there many times and will be meeting them back there again this time next year. If you are looking for a nice, quiet, relaxing and clean place, this is definitely one I would recommend. There were people there that I heard say a few complaints, but honestly I think those were the type of people that would be miserable anywhere.. You all know the type! lol This was simply the best vacation we've had yet

Oh - one other note - my husband experienced an ear problem while we were there and the nursing staff was awesome! They took care of him and flushed the ear and gave him drops for $10... we didn't bother going through insurance for that little bit. They were really efficient and friendly - we have never had to use medical staff during a vacation and it is good to know you are in good hands if you need to!

Room Tip: Bring your own pillows and Rooms in the upper 300's are closer to the bar next door so you can h...
9  Thank laura_and_roger
Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa Santa Lucia
Hotel Roc Santa Lucia (Ex Gran Club)
Hotel Roc Santa Lucia (Ex Gran C...
#1 of 4 in Playa Santa Lucia
#3 of 4 in Playa Santa Lucia
Starfish Cayo Santa Maria
Starfish Cayo Santa Maria
#7 of 16 in Cayo Santa Maria

Been to Club Amigo Mayanabo? Share your experiences!