1,656 results
All reviews junior suite bon bon bonbons entertainment staff fish lobby bar the grill pasta ring toss rice fries a la carte spanish lessons kids club grand club playa bonita horseback riding
Reviewed 11 June 2016

I stayed at Gran Club in mid June. The weather was nice and the nights where cool and breezy. I could say that it was not definitely four and a half star. If your expecting champagne and caviar,this is not for you. You either love it or hate it kind of thing. I was pleased with the room. It was clean ,well lite and cool. The staff was friendly and reserved .The lobby was quite nice and cozy. With the lobby bar being not far away and good access from any point. The food was ok and seem to get better as the week went by. Or maybe I'm not a picky eater. Lets just say ,that I did not go hungry. I could say ,this is a great place to get away and just chill out. I enjoyed my stay and would go back again.I Would love to say Hi to my good friend and confiedant Raoul . See you soon buddy. Take care and be good.:) :) :) :)

Room tip: pick the junior sweet.
Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
4  Thank ALEXANDER N
Hotel Gran Club S, General Manager at Hotel Roc Santa Lucia, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2016

Dear client:

Thank you so mush for your comments. We always have place for clients who want chill out.

Reviewed 9 June 2016

Best Time... not one disappointment. Great Staff very helpful and friendly.Great People!! Food had good variety, A la Cartes were excellent. Massage of a life time (hot rocks and all). Ivonne very helpful and asking if things were good. Room best yet for us. Quiet cold air and always hot water. Spotless always. Ocean was warm beach was clean and beautiful ..Tks to All.. We will be back

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Randy K
Hotel Gran Club S, General Manager at Hotel Roc Santa Lucia, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2016

Many thanks for your opinion about our service.
We are very glad you had a wonderful holiday at Gran Club.

Warmest regards from Santa Lucia,

Reviewed 6 June 2016

I recently visited Gran Club and stayed for 1 week in a junior suite. I must admit I am a repeat client since 2008 but I have not been back for 3 years due to exploring other parts of the world. That being said I knew it had been long enough and I had a great time as always. The staff from the reception, to the dining room staff, to the gardeners and the bartenders were still as friendly as I remember. The gardens and the flowers were beautiful and the grounds well kept and very clean. At Gran Club its so easy to meet new people and nice people at that. I heard first timers already planning their next trip to the hotel. This resort is not overly big but everything is pretty much right at your fingertips. The pool, stage, and buffet are all in the same area so you dont have to spend a lot of time walking around the resort. This resort is very good for people with walkers or wheechairs as the resort had ramps everywhere. Very accessible. The food was ok. It tends to be the same all week with a few dishes different each day. But you cant go hungry. After all you are only there for 1 week. If you are a very picky eater then you may not find it satisfying to your needs. The staff try hard to accommodate to your needs but with limited resources you have to go easy on them. Definitely upgrade to a junior suite if you want to be closer to everything plus the rooms are bigger. Was pleasantly surprised to see drinks in the room daily. You do have to pay for them but it was convenient. Our maid was super nice.The lobby has been upgraded and looks nice and bright. The lobby bar area looks awesome. They were updating the room numbers while we were there. So all the room numbers have changed. Nightly shows are entertaining, dancers are good. Nightly disco on the resort. Local disco just outside the resort. Feel free to leave the resort as it is very safe. Luna Mar restaurant is located beside the hotel..good prices..good food. Dinoco's is a 10 minute buggy ride. Good food and great atmosphere. Had a great week! Will definitely be back. Thanks Yurina for making our stay a good one as always!

Room tip: Junior Suites are closer to everything plus bigger. Well worth the price difference
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank rise-up08
Hotel Gran Club S, General Manager at Hotel Roc Santa Lucia, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2016

Dear customer:

We wish to thank you for so nice review. We appreciate the time that you have dedicated to write some words about Gran Club.
Thank you very much for choosing us.

Reviewed 3 June 2016

We travelled in March 2016 during March Break. The hotel was clean, staff was friendly and accommodating. Beach was clean, pool area had shade if needed and enough lounge chairs.
The hotel overall is a bit smaller in scale than some others we have stayed at and a bit dated but well worth the money.
We did not travel with children but from what I observed and heard from those who did the kids club and entertainment was excellent. the shows in the evening were great, lots of local talent. It was also nice to have the entertainment staff come up to reception to say goodbye when the buses left. Nice touch. :)
Room was clean, always had hot water, no power issues.
Was not exactly thrilled with the food choices but you could always find something.

Overall we would give Gran Club a thumbs up and would come back if travelling to that part of Cuba again.

Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank dragonstar9

Dear customer:

We truly appreciate your comments about our Resort.
Many thanks for your time and your opinion.

Reviewed 1 June 2016

hey Gang.. if you are expecting pics and critics about chip ceramic and paint old furniture go to next post or stay home , dont travel period.. I am french so excuse my type O mistakes :).. here we go.. i book at the last minute price was is my budget and got more than i was expecting.. Yes the resort is olderbut super clean, they are upgrading slowly furniture in rooms, i was told that the lobby has been re-done, the rooms are cleaner then some 5* hotels i have seen , never found one bug in my room and the staff are incredibale nice , polite and attentive to your need. the buffet was simple the basic were theire everyday soupe salade veggies cold meat and bread, , pasta bar, and hot menu would change everyday . lots of entertaiment day and night,, the show were fun and if you have kids theire is a early show with clowns etx kinda cool. Lots of friends from canada some theire 4 and 5 visit to resort. snack bar close to beach around the pool and pool bar you can find lots of shade. spa in site .. Beach is clean chairs are almost new, some free some $$ activites , don t forget your thermo cup for beer and drinks, yes theire is weed on the beach and in the water.. i think it s normal... doh, but we were always find a blue spot to swin in, walking distance smal mall grocerie souvenirs alcool, and a bank credit cards only, and a latino club.. the one at resort was always empty because we would all go to the local one cubans are amazing people, dont forget to go to coco beach, if they invite you to go eat at theire home for 10 pesos GO.. what an experience .. you will not regret it , small shop on site were can buy bottle water , buy lots cause they close early. Smal fridge in room .. one last thing, please please but please tip the staff .. i work in the bar buisness i was able to go on vacation because of my tips, they have to feed theire family . learn the basic spanish words kinda polite. one last things .. and dont freak .. wifi not always available 2 pesos per hrs do you really need to go on FB.. ciao for now

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank Marc B

Dear client:

Many thanks for your comments of our resort. We appreciate the time that you have dedicated to write some words about Gran Club. Your opinion is very important and really significant for us.