“SPA, pool and horses”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Sestroretsk
St. Petersburg, Russia
“SPA, pool and horses”
Reviewed 12 July 2011

we didn't stay at the hotel, just did some spa & took horse ride
hotel territtory, pool area is really really good!
spa services are best in st.petersburg (among tested by us), very warm service and good specialists, we will be back for spa for sure!

the thing we didn't like at all was horse ride
it costs 150,00 EUR for 2 horses for 2 hours and took place at the seashore
horses were good, but our guide wasn't; she didn't care what we were doing at all

this hotel should choose better horse provider.. it's not their level of service

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Skandinavia_hotel, Менеджер по связям с общественностью at Skandinavia Country Club & SPA, responded to this review, 15 July 2011
Thank you for your review! We will manage this problem with the horse riding. We'll be glad to see you again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Reviewed 6 January 2011

We travelled here for two nights and stayed in a half-luxury room. It was so quiet and comfortable which was wonderful respite from noisy, dirty st petersburg. The staff here were welcoming and helpful which can fool oneself into thinking one is really in Scandinavia!

The banya complex is very comfortable, with an open fire and samovars with tea. It is free from 12 to 5pm. The open- air spa, steaming and surrounded by snow and ice was really incredible. There was also an ice-bar, carved out of ice which illuminated at night made a huge impression.

The cuisine was delightful. Breakfast is sumptuous. For dinner we both ate fish, which was fresh and cooked to perfection.There is also a cafe, where we ate cake and tea (requisite for a russian winter!)

We visited the spa, which was comprehensive. I had a traditional honey-salt "peeling" that was really a scrub which was done in a steam room on a massage table. I have been to many spas and massages but this was the most relaxed I have ever been. My partner emerged from his massage looking completely different. Ask for Andrei (he gave me the treatment).

Whilst there we went horse riding along the gulf of finland. It was like being in Narnia. The horses were healthy and happy, even if they didn't listen to us! There was also a fair sized ice rink which we happy used at midnight.

As you can tell, we had a great stay and would fully recommend a stay at Skandinavia.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
Skandinavia_hotel, Менеджер по связям с общественностью at Skandinavia Country Club & SPA, responded to this review, 16 March 2011
Dear Fairytale!
Thank you for the review! We will be happy to see you again in our hotel!
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 4 October 2010

I had to visit St.Petersburg on business rather often during the last four years, but it was a problem for me to find a hotel to fit me perfectly. I've tried different variants, but no one suited me untill I entered Skandinavia Country Club two years ago. I loved it from that moment and always stay here. It's an excellent hotel in a perfect location. Its interior is very tasteful, warm tones and delicate deco. The staff are very helpful and friendly. I especially enjoy the spa and swimming pool. Usually I am on a B&B basis and can say that breakfast can't be better. The rooms are very nice, well-decorated and spacious. I always feel at home and combine business with pleasure when I stay in it.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sestroretsk
Terijoki Hotel & SPA
Solo Sokos Hotel Palace Bridge
#39 of 345 in St. Petersburg
Repinskaya
#4 of 7 in Repino

Been to Skandinavia Country Club & SPA? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Skandinavia Country Club & SPA

Property: Skandinavia Country Club & SPA
Address: Parkovaya St., 16, Sestroretsk, St. Petersburg 197706, Russia
Region: Russia > Northwestern District > St. Petersburg > Kurortny District > Sestroretsk
Bar / Lounge Beach Business Centre with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Spa Suites Swimming Pool
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Sestroretsk
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:4 star — Skandinavia Country Club & SPA 4*
Family Suite in the Shelepin's Dacha ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotel.de, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK) and Evoline ltd so you can book your Skandinavia Country Club & SPA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.