“Wonderful Lunch”

Cuisines: American, European, Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Just experienced a lovely meal in this unique restaurant. Only a 3 minute journey outside of Drogheda and you will find this gem. Every dish we ate was tasty, well presented and really good value. Nice chilled out lunch with no pressure on table. Lovely service. When we return again which we definitely will, I think I will order more than 1 starter. Not because they were small... definitely not but they all were so nice I will find it hard to choose. Looking forward to my next visit ☺

6  Thank EnglishmanIrishlady

Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

On a very well deserved weekend break we had the good fortune to have a meal here. Very good service with excellent food that certainly wouldn't break the bank. Will definitely be returning here

3  Thank cmurtagh1980
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We had been promising to try this restaurant in Tullyallen for quite a few months and a family birthday prompted us to book a table on Sunday evening. They had had a crazy busy day and when we arrived the staff told us that they had virtually run out of all their starters and that the specials on the mains menu were already cleared out.

We were fortunate that there were a couple of portions of duck spring rolls and chicken wings left and we shared these among us along with a bruschetta dish. Each of the starters were first class so we started out well!

For mains we had two of the noodle stir-frys (one beef and one prawn) a hamburger, a fish burger and a penne pasta dish with a gorgeous spicy chicken sauce. Everyone agreed that their meals were perfect and we struggled to try to finish everything that we had on our plates!

Needless to say we couldn't manage any desserts but the selection sounded very nice and on our next visit we will definitey have to save room to try these!

Aside from the lovely food I would have to say that the interior of the restaurant was very pleasing to the eye. There was a very nice atmosphere and the staff were all very helpful and attentive. I was well impressed with the overall standard of the restaurant and when the bill arrived at the end of the meal we felt that it had been excellent value overall.

We will definitely be back at the Corkscrew Brasserie again and next time we'll be sure not to arrive at the end of a hectic Sunday! ;-)

2  Thank Berniebobcat
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Live local to the area and have eaten at The Corkscrew on quite a few occasions now, and we love the place, especially now with the new beer licence. Menu is imaginative and equal to any “prestigious” establishment in the area. Be it for a special family occasion or just a lovely evening out, It’s definitely worth a try.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

I am a catering professional with over 25 years experience in hotels, bars and restaurants and high volume sporting areas,so believe me I know how difficult it is to get it 100% perfect.
However the Corkscrew Brasserie has achieved perfection where others have failed. Excellent personal service(Bronwyn) and a food standard & presentation that I personally have not witnessed in all surrounding counties for many years. It is a breath of fresh air for Tullyallen Village & the town of Drogheda.
We opted for the full Ala Carte menu and my choice of starter was the Calamari which was excellent and perfectly cooked, and the addition of fresh chilies and dip made the freshness and taste jump off the plate.Main courses consisted of freshly caught Sea Bass to a perfectly cooked Rib Eye(which was my choice) served with creamy pepper sauce,onion rings and fries. When dessert arrived none of us were surprised, as they present and taste just as they look( I chose the Chocolate Fudge Cake).The portion sizes were perfect and it offers excellent value for money.All my guests were more than satisfied, and I have never seen so many patrons taking photos of their meals and sending on to social media sites.From start to finish this was an excellent experience and the way restaurants should be run.
Beautiful countryside & village setting, and would strongly advise on a visit.
This is my first written review on TripAdvisor and the Corkscrew Brasserie deserves it.
Best of luck in the future and thank you
Outstanding!!!!!!!!!!!