The hotel is located between Radda and Lucarelli , and is surrounded by vineyards and woods, wonderful. It is a property well cared for , and has a living room that invites guests for reading and relaxation. There is even nice music playing in background (like Ela Fitzgerald). I did not use the spa or the restaurant.
The general feeling is an upscale, nice and well maintained hotel.
The breakfast is good , but nothing exceptional.
The service staff was very attentive and polite, but I expected a more personal touch , being a few rooms hotel in Tuscany. Nothing that would compromise the stay.
Our room was very large , king size bed ( really ), large TV. Very well furnished. The only downsize: the room was a little dark at night. Also nothing that would compromise, after all, it was a romantic trip.
A special note to the bathroom, very large and comfortable. A wonderful shower-bath and spacious glassed box, very hard to find in Europe.
Tip for travelers, don´t even think in going without a car, since the area of the hotel is very remote.
The only thing that really displeased: There is a parking fronting the main gate, which was half closed. We asked at reception to open the gate so we can enter with the car (there is a vertical gap between the gate and the entrance) to unload the luggage. The receptionist said it could not be done and one of the staff helped me drag up the bags. I saw other guests dragging their suitcases up the ramp thenselves. On checkout, we carry our bags down the ramp ourselves. I think a serious flaw in a nice hotel with an upscale proposal, mainly because the rate we were charged was the same we paid on 5 star hotels we stayed in the same trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just outside the village of Radda, Villa Campomaggio is surrounded by vineyards in the heart of the Chianti countryside. Dating back to 1776, the villa's grounds include a swimming pool and SPA.This historic villa has elegant rooms and apartments, all decorated with the same care and attention to detail. They feature hardwood or terracotta floors and wood-beam or arched ceilings. All include free Wi-Fi, LCD TV and Minibar.A buffet breakfast is served out in the courtyard where you can enjoy the tranquility of the garden. Light meals are available for lunch around the pool and an aperitif with snack buffet is served in the afternoon.The SPA area includes a Jacuzzi, Turkish bath, Sauna and relaxation area. You can treat yourself to a massage or beauty treatment.Free parking is available and the center of Radda in Chianti is 5 minutes away by car. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Villa Campomaggio Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Campomaggio Hotel Radda In Chianti
- Hotel Villa Campomaggio Resort & Spa Radda In Chianti, Italy - Tuscany