This 5-year old B&B/Agriturismo in an ancient stone structure combines the best of Tuscan stone building charm with the modern conveniences you'd expect in a newer property...good working doors/windows, bathroom fixtures, etc. And at only 110 euro for the large, ground-level, 2-room suite, it's one of the best values that we've found in Chianti. But by far what distinguishes Poggerino from other properties is the staff, beginning with John, who is well-spoken and extremely helpful, including useful advice on the nearest MBE for shipping goodies back to the US. The excellent hospitality continues with Benedetta, (who inherited the property from her family members years ago), and the kitchen staff that includes her running the show. The breakfasts are among the best we've had in nearly 2 dozen B&B's in Southern Europe! In additional to freshly baked egg tarts (quiche-like) and fruit tarts (3-4 different ones each morning), the cucina will produce beautiful omlets or other egg dishes made to order. The setting is quiet and serene, surrounded by beautiful vineyards, including many managed by Castello d'Albola, a famous winery housed in a beautiful castle all within 5 minutes of Poggerino. If you're a photo buff, grab your camera a dawn, walk across the road and up into the vineyards for some beautiful images.
As others have commented, family-style dinners (very Tuscan'esque) are also available, although our weekend-only stay didn't allow us to take advantage of one. So we were off the La Botega one night (see separate review).
By the way, if you're GPS'ing to this location, it will find the main building but not the office where the large sign is on the road, and where you check in, taste wine, etc. The main B&B building is past the sign on the right, but is otherwise totally unmarked. There is however, a Castello d'Albola vineyard right across from where you turn in. I mention this only because we were over-depending on the GPS and missed the sign completely. Duh!
Our sincerest compliments to the Poggerino team for creating another very memorable stay in Chianti!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Organic family-run B&B and winery in the Chianti Classico historical region. Wine, extra virgin olive oil, vegetables. Six rooms with en-suite bathroom in a traditional 800 year old stone house. View from all windows, swimming pool, typical home-made Tuscan recipes, vegetarian menus on request. Safety box, wifi internet access. English and German spoken. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Fattoria Poggerino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fattoria Poggerino Hotel Radda In Chianti
- Fattoria Poggerino Radda In Chianti, Italy - Tuscany