After spending 3 weeks in Europe and deciding what our favorite place to stay, this has got to be one of the highlights. We stayed 2 nights & 3 days.
The city of Radda in Chianti was stunning. It's on a picturesque hill in the middle of Tuscany and their are views from all sides. The restaurants are fantastic and the gelato was delicious. This is a perfect hotel for a weekend getaway or for some downtime from all of the "touristy/museums/walking" in your vacation.
We rented a car from Rome, drove here and then drove into Florence. We needed the weekend break from the city and we got it here. We were there over my birthday and they left a bottle of wine in our room for us. A very special touch. The room wasn't completely updated, but it felt super rustic and it was very clean. It overlooked the hills of Tuscany on this beautiful balcony. The main hotel, across the street, had the restaurant, pool and FREE wifi!
We did spend one of our days in San Gimignano, which was about a 1/2 hour a way. (It was a perfect 1/2 day trip.)
The pool was awesome, because of the views and you could tell that most of the hotel guests came there to relax at the pool, drink incredible wine and have a nice quiet getaway. There were a few children there, but it was mostly couples (generally older), but I didn't feel out of place (we are in our mid-30's). I would definitely stay here again and highly recommend it. It was a fantastic hotel, in a beautiful location with a great restaurant, delicious breakfast (except the scrambled eggs!) and stunning views. Don't hesitate!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relais Vignale is an 18th-century villa located in Radda’s centre. It has a pool and features panoramic views across the Tuscan countryside from its restaurant terrace. Rooms are rustic yet elegant.Relais Vignale includes a collection of period furniture, frescoed ceilings, and grand fireplaces. Each room is individually designed, and comes with air conditioning and satellite TV..The in-house restaurant offers a menu of traditional Tuscan dishes and fine local wines. Attentive staff organise tastings in the property’s wine shop.The outdoor pool is heated and surrounded by a floral garden. There is also a TV room, lounge bar and library, plus free Wi-Fi in communal areas.The property is surrounded by the villages of the Chianti Classico wine region. Siena and Florence are both under an hour’s drive away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Relais Vignale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Relais Fattoria Vignale Hotel Radda In Chianti
- Relais Vignale Radda In Chianti, Italy - Tuscany