Relais Vignale
Palazzo Leopoldo Dimora Storica & Spa(Radda in Chianti)(Great Value!)
US$144
US$135
Great 4.5/5
CDH Hotel Radda(Radda in Chianti)(Great Value!)
US$199
US$145
Agoda.com
Very Good 4/5
Hotel Villa Campomaggio Resort & Spa(Radda in Chianti)
US$226
US$219
Orbitz.com
US$172
US$157
Travelocity
Great 4.5/5
Hotel Podere Le Noci(Radda in Chianti)
US$135
Good 3.5/5
Palazzo San Niccolo'(Radda in Chianti)
US$157
US$139
HotelQuickly
Locatione(Radda in Chianti)
Pensione Elio Pistolesi(Radda in Chianti)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsterrace restaurantaperol spritzbeautiful hotelperfect locationthe hotel staffswimming pooltuscan countrysidemain buildingamazing viewssmall townhome basebefore dinnerstandard roombreakfast buffetnice pooltuscan vacationsweeping views
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 September 2012

What a hotel!! I expected a good hotel, but this one exceeded my expectations.
We were there after our trip to Florence (we had rent a car from there) and we went to Radda on 5th of September. The hotel gave us its pleasures gradually! First I saw a place where easily I could pretend being in old times.. As soon as we get to our room (very cosy, with wooden ceiling, antique furnitures and a great bathroom, tall, glass window in the shower, plenty of room etc) I opened the window- I looked in the pool and vineyards, through a marvellous garden and a huge magnolia tree!! What a view!! (I think that the building on the left had even greater views!) At that very moment the rain started, a heavy one, which left after a sweet smell of grass and flowers!!
What else to say?? Great corners all around this beautiful hotelQ small corners with iron tables to sit, a well, trees, flowers all around.. The common rooms excellent, nice you have to sit there..
We were lucky enough to have the most of our breakfasts outside in the terrace facing the slopes and the vineyards. A great place, I could stay there for hours!! The breakfast was very good too, having plenty to choose from.
The hotel has an excellent parking too, and its place just in the main road is very convenient- you could go to the village for strolling in 2 minutes, to have a great lunch just oppossite (if the hotel prices seem high to you..) or go away with the car.
Our stay in Vignale for 4 nights was a great one, we loved all Chianti area, the hills, the scenery, the vines, the castellos, the stone villages.. Its one of the places I would so much to stay again!! (and believe me, it is rare for me!)
Thanks Vignale!! Poor Greece had a special time staying there, and we will keep valuable memories!!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Niki B
Reviewed 15 September 2012

I was on this trip through work as I won a trip for selling a lot of Italian wines. I took my fiancee and of all the places we visited this spot was the most romantic and picturesque. Venice is very romantic but also crowded and completely overpriced in San Marcos square (60 Euro for a bottle of medium quality Italian prosecco???)

The hotel is set on a hillside in a very rural setting that looks out on the rolling hills of Radda. The property feels like it's about 4 stories that ascend and descend up and down the hillside. There are various sitting rooms and terraces that offer incredible views of the hills. The morning we awoke for breakfast on the gorgeous terrace (picture flowers and vines all over the roof and sides) we took the best photos of the trip. Fog had rolled in and settled all about and then receded to a grand display of Sun and glistening countryside. Just breathtaking yet relaxing and good for the soul. The Chianti district in the heart of Tuscany is the antithesis of the hustle and bustle of Venice and Rome and will appeal to all those that want a slower pace and natural beauty. There were no crowds and you really get the feel for the quaint Italian countryside living. If you are a 'partier' Rome is the place for you. If you want to see that the world still has a calm soul in places, just go to Tuscany and let the newspaper clippings fade to meaninglessness. Cities inspire profane modes of living, countrysides inspire reverence.

The rooms were large and spacious and comfortably appointed with all the toiletries you'd need. Bed was comfortable but like all the beds we encountered in Italy, on the ultra firm side. AC was included of course. Service was quick and attentive and gracious--excellent marks here. The only gripe which probably is just a mark of charm and antiquity is the elevator--painfully small and slow!! But we saw this in 3 other hotels too so I think it's just expected. Take the stairs if you want your exercise.

Other notes: Seek out the very quaint chapel on site and say a prayer or meditate for just a few minutes if you wish and enjoy the calm feeling that will enter. There is a shoppe on site with many great souvenir choices and wine offerings that were priced very well in my opinion. Enjoy yourself, and tread lightly and reverently in this inspired setting.

Room Tip: All views should be good and have Sunset or rolling hills views.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Talldarkhandsomest
Reviewed 26 August 2012

This place is like something from a movie scene. The hotel is very charming and has the most romantic atmosphere, a beautiful setting in a perfect location.The staff were very friendly and helpful and the breakfast was good. Radda makes a good base to explore Chianti. Be sure to visit San Gimingano and Volpaia, a picturesque wine estate dating from the 12th century. San Gimingano is close enough for a day visit, I would not recommend staying over in San Gimingano, rather stay a night or two longer at Relais Vignale. It does not get any better than this!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CTL1802
Reviewed 22 August 2012

Four of us traveled to Tuscany and found the villa we had previously reserved and paid for (Villa Vistarenni) was a nightmare, so we left immediately, and found this charming hotel 4 miles away in Radda. The Vignale was very clean, quiet, with exceptional service. The staff was incredibly helpful also with any of our needs and many insights of Radda. Did I mention the excellent breakfast and pool side snacks from their kitchen! I am Italian, so I know good food! Although we had a very bad experience with the Vistarenni, we got very lucky with the Vignale! This hotel is not to be missed.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank gobabygo1
Reviewed 14 August 2012

Magnificent location and historic charm. Warm welcome, great service, restaurant ok, terrace has an amazing view, internet only in communal areas, airconditioning worked well but was very noisy. Breakfast was great and plenty of everything.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple