We were very disappointed at our stay at the Vignale. First, they only had one bellman on duty when we checked in and when we checked out. Second, their front door opens right on the main street, so forget about staying there with pets or children. Third, they only have three check in parking spots, and they are across that main street. So, when the handle of my wine holder broke, I found myself kneeling on the main road to the village. There is one small elevator that goes only one floor, forget anyone who can not go up some stairs. We were given a deluxe room in the attic, my wife even had to bend down at one end of the room. Then there are the small porthole windows and the wooden storm shutters. Good thing there were no buildings across from us, they would get an eyeful. The AC would not come on the first night and no one would answer the phone at the front desk. OH, did I tell you, no box springs, just a mattress on a wooden bed. On the second night, I climbed on top of the bed and discovered the AC was turned off at the source, so we were cooler on the second night. Lastly, in the chaos of departing we left behind some wine and a souvenir purse, which the Hotel staff could not find. Yeap, a little icing on the cake. If you like quaint inns and no service, you'd love this place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relais Vignale is an 18th-century villa located in Radda’s centre. It has a pool and features panoramic views across the Tuscan countryside from its restaurant terrace. Rooms are rustic yet elegant.Relais Vignale includes a collection of period furniture, frescoed ceilings, and grand fireplaces. Each room is individually designed, and comes with air conditioning and satellite TV..The in-house restaurant offers a menu of traditional Tuscan dishes and fine local wines. Attentive staff organise tastings in the property’s wine shop.The outdoor pool is heated and surrounded by a floral garden. There is also a TV room, lounge bar and library, plus free Wi-Fi in communal areas.The property is surrounded by the villages of the Chianti Classico wine region. Siena and Florence are both under an hour’s drive away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Relais Vignale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Relais Fattoria Vignale Hotel Radda In Chianti
- Relais Vignale Radda In Chianti, Italy - Tuscany