If you're someone who plans to travel around Tuscany and see small towns, Radda is a great base. The Relais' grounds are picturesque. Spruce trees can be seen from every angle. Also, olive trees, fava beans and fruit grow right next to the parking lot. There's the main building - which has quite a bit more Italian charm, and the building across the street. This is where we stayed, but it's literally across the street and a two second walk from the check-in desk. The rooms were clean, spacious and simple. The art is the hallway was a nice touch. Nothing fancy - but more historial blue prints, drawings of battle and prints of Tuscan door knobs. The view from the room was absolutely incredible. When I opened the window I kept asking myself - "Where am I"? It was picture perfect, with rolling hills, vineyards and landscaped greenery. We didn't spend much time in the main building, but inside there is a wine shop and a couple of cozy sitting rooms with outdoor balconies. The breakfast patio was my favorite thing here. It's pretty expansive and again, the views are what made it. The food was average - nothing to write home about, but the service was very good. Beyond the breakfast area you can see the pool and several vineyards. The hotel itself is steps away from the town of Radda. It's old, rustic and filled with tiny shops, one of which offers free wine and olive oil tastings. The hotel is within walking distance to several great restaurants, including a pizzeria with a true local feel. I'd go back to this hotel but the explorer in me would also be interested in trying another place in the Chianti region.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relais Vignale is an 18th-century villa located in Radda’s centre. It has a pool and features panoramic views across the Tuscan countryside from its restaurant terrace. Rooms are rustic yet elegant.Relais Vignale includes a collection of period furniture, frescoed ceilings, and grand fireplaces. Each room is individually designed, and comes with air conditioning and satellite TV..The in-house restaurant offers a menu of traditional Tuscan dishes and fine local wines. Attentive staff organise tastings in the property’s wine shop.The outdoor pool is heated and surrounded by a floral garden. There is also a TV room, lounge bar and library, plus free Wi-Fi in communal areas.The property is surrounded by the villages of the Chianti Classico wine region. Siena and Florence are both under an hour’s drive away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Relais Vignale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Relais Fattoria Vignale Hotel Radda In Chianti
- Relais Vignale Radda In Chianti, Italy - Tuscany