Guido and Martina have created a very special paradise at La Locanda. Getting there is not easy (take a detailed map and arrive early in the afternoon, not after dark). But once there, it is a heavenly spot, with lovely views of Volpaia and the surrounding rolling Tuscan hills. To dine out, walk to the one restaurant in Volpaia, or drive a short distance to Lamole or Radda. The restaurant food in the surrounding locality is peasanty but good value. La Locanda has been splendidly renovated with a lovely pool, cleverly designed shaded areas, and discrete but attentive service from Guido and Martina. It was nice not to have to drive out every night and enjoy Martina's cooking. I agree with the comments that it is quite a trek to the major sights - and in high summer when La Locanda is so peaceful it seemed slightly pointless putting ourselves through the traffic and crowds in the larger tourist areas. So perhaps La Locanda is best suited to a 3 day stop off on route south, or a longer romantic sybaritic stay when all you want to do is take life easy - I have found few better places to do that. Will definitely return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Locanda is a charming small country inn with 6 rooms and 1 suite in the Chianti Classico countryside. It is located in a fantastically panoramic position, on the top of a hill overlooking the hamlet of Volpaia and the valley of Radda in Chianti. It is carefully run by the owners Guido and Martina Bevilacqua. Swimming pool and terrace for breakfast and al fresco dining on request. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your La Locanda reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Locanda Hotel Radda In Chianti
- La Locanda Radda In Chianti, Italy - Tuscany