My wife and I stayed in Room #5 at La Locanda for 6 nights for our honeymoon, and unfortunately we are still suffering withdrawal symptoms since we left La Locanda. What an incredible place...
We woke up every morning to an amazing view of the hillsides of Chianti...we were lucky to have 7 days of beautiful weather. Echoing all the prior reviews, this is truly a hidden gem and the ideal place to unplug/go off the grid, and just soak under the Tuscan sun. Proprietors Martina & Guido are incredibly warm and welcoming, and we thoroughly enjoyed not only their hospitality but their home cook meal on a Wednesday evening. Both Martina & Guido went the extra mile to ensure a relaxing/tranquil stay at La Locanda, and were incredibly well-informed and helpful when we visited the surrounding hillside towns e.g. Volpaia, Greve, Siena, Pienza, Montepulciano, Volterra, Asciano, etc.
One of their best, most memorable recommendations was taking a cooking class/wine tour with Giovanna Stianti at Castello di Volpaia. We had an absolutely wonderful and fun time learning from Giovanna!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Locanda is a charming small country inn with 6 rooms and 1 suite in the Chianti Classico countryside. It is located in a fantastically panoramic position, on the top of a hill overlooking the hamlet of Volpaia and the valley of Radda in Chianti. It is carefully run by the owners Guido and Martina Bevilacqua. Swimming pool and terrace for breakfast and al fresco dining on request. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your La Locanda reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Locanda Hotel Radda In Chianti
- La Locanda Radda In Chianti, Italy - Tuscany