All reviews indoor pool top floor hotel restaurant large room lovely hotel antique furnishings great town every request plenty of free parking no elevator travel agent cooking class perfect base for exploring small town luxury hotel restaurants and shops medieval town
Reviewed 2 September 2012

We arrived very late in the evening and found the night service to be very good. As all of the restaurants were closed we were not able to get dinner. The night staff prepared a very nice plate of meats, cheeses and wine for us. During that first night there was a very strong downpour of rain and our skylight leaked on the bed and floor. Before I could bring it to their attention the chamber maid reported it and we were given two choices of rooms to move to. While I was not impressed will all the members of the team of service ... I was impressed overall with the cleanliness of the rooms and their attention. I think that this is in the top places in Radda. A destination I'd recommend highly!

Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 17 August 2012

This hotel was a lovely surprise. We were booked into one of the cheaper rooms but what we opened the door to was spectacular. Our room was large ans everything you imagine about a place in Tuscany.

Will definitly say there again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 August 2012

This hotel was booked by our travel agent although I had booked myself in other cities. What a beautiful and wonderful hotel in all aspects! The staff was very helpful, the breakfast was more than adequate, and the location was perfect for wine tasting excursions, or a bus trip to Florence or Siena! We had no trouble parking, and at night we sat on the terrace and drank the wonderful Chianti this town is famous for. I would go back tomorrow if I could. Shopping was right outside our door.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 July 2012

Our family stayed for two nights. Danielle was friendly and helpful. The rooms are unique. The breakfast was beautiful and delicious. Highly recommended for anyone. Radda is a quiet peaceful place. My sole complaint is the stiff mattress and the fact you need to ring the bell to gain entry.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Katieanddj
Martina R, Responsabile reception at Palazzo Leopoldo Dimora Storica & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2012

Thank you very much for all the beautifull words about Palazzo Leopoldo.
In all the rooms of Palazzo Leopoldo there are new mattress and sometimes they can be a bit stiff.
Regarding the entrance, sometimes our staff has to leave the reception for a while and we prefer to close the door, because of security as we have guests rooms also on the ground floor, but as you told, there is a bell for the guests that need to come in.
We are sorry that this fact annoyed you!!
Hoping to have you as guest again
Best regards
Martina

Reviewed 21 July 2012

We spent one night in Palazzo Leopoldo, and agree with previous positive reviews. The property is excellent, Radda is a pretty place in the middle of beautiful Chianti country. On top of this, the day we arrived the town had the first medieval festival of its own. The experience was absolutely thrilling. Definitely recommend this hotel and the town.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple