All reviewsindoor pooltop floorhotel restaurantlarge roomlovely hotelantique furnishingsgreat townevery requestplenty of free parkingno elevatortravel agentcooking classperfect base for exploringsmall townluxury hotelrestaurants and shopsmedieval town
Reviewed 13 October 2012

We stayed here on our honeymoon. The location is right in the heart of Radda. The facilities are nice; our room was quite large. The staff was excellent, as was the buffet breakfast.

But the highlight of our stay was a private cooking class in the hotel kitchen with Lorenzo and his aunt, Larena (arranged through the hotel). They were both charming, and enthusiastically shared their passion for food, cooking, and Italian culture. Highly recommend it.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank searchme
Reviewed 11 October 2012

Hotels don't get any better than this. Spacious, clean, comfortable and quiet rooms in an historic building. Friendly advice on restaurants and everything else.
Try to catch the hotel meal on Wed nights. This was one of the best meals on our 5 week trip (and we ate well). Offered by Paola and her son Jimmi who also offer a cooking class. Fellow travellers who did this course commented that they were well pleased.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Peter C
Reviewed 15 September 2012

My partner took me here for my birthday as a surprise, I was overjoyed, the room was huge,the staff where wonderful and very helpful.
We watched a firework display from the terrace while drinking a bottle of wine, the location is just magical.I have to say that I would recommend this hotel and we will use it again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ann747
Reviewed 7 September 2012

My husband and I stayed here in August, 2012 for 3 wonderful days. Can't say enough about it... The room was huge by any standard, the staff was exceptional, the breakfast was much more substantial than any continental breakfast we have encountered, and the location was just perfect for exploring the Chianti area. Forget about the Hotel chains... This is the way to go! Hope you have as great a time as we did!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 September 2012

We arrived very late in the evening and found the night service to be very good. As all of the restaurants were closed we were not able to get dinner. The night staff prepared a very nice plate of meats, cheeses and wine for us. During that first night there was a very strong downpour of rain and our skylight leaked on the bed and floor. Before I could bring it to their attention the chamber maid reported it and we were given two choices of rooms to move to. While I was not impressed will all the members of the team of service ... I was impressed overall with the cleanliness of the rooms and their attention. I think that this is in the top places in Radda. A destination I'd recommend highly!

Stayed: September 2012