“FELT LIKE I WAS ON HOLIDAY IN THE MED”
Review of Rachel's

Rachel's
Ranked #1 of 21 Restaurants in West Bay
Price range: US$5 - US$16
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Rachel's is open daily from 11.30am till 3.30pm until further notice. Opening is weather dependant and there will be occasional days that they close for personal reasons. We will endeavour to advertise these closures on Facebook. Customers are welcome to telephone the advertised mobile number to discuss needs or book a table between 10.30 - 11.30am. Prior to start of service.
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Had lunch here yesterday on a very hot day, and the restaurant was very busy. We ordered the large cod and chips as we were unsure whether we would get a table so it could have been a takeaway. However we managed to share a table with another couple and were told by the staff when they started cooking our fish. This turned out to be absolutely delicious and of course amazingly fresh. I was watching food go by to other tables and heard that the haddock chowder and the fish stew were fantastic. Our immediate neighbours had the crab salad and said it was out of this world. They had been making the trip from Wiltshire for years to eat at Rachel's.
I most certainly will eat here again on my next visit to West Bay.

There are newer reviews for Rachel's

Reviewed 11 June 2014

The only trouble is choosing what to have it all looks delicious
Only open between 12 and 5 but every day

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Stumbled on the reviews of this place by accident. How many years have I lived here and never eaten here? - shame on me!!! So today I took a detour down to the bay for lunch. The tables were packed and they were honest enough to warn you about the waiting time of approx. 40 mins. Placed our order, and wandered off around the harbour to watch the film crew going about their business there. Wandered back 35 mins later, dropped straight into a vacant seat having announced our arrival and lunch arrived in a few moments later.
The famous smoked haddock chowder was a delight and not too heavy, and was served with two hunks of rustic bread. Then we followed that with a prawn platter. The platter had fresh prawns, crevettes in filo pastry, king prawns, tempura prawns & a mini prawn cocktail in a scallop shell, sweet chilli sauce dip & colourful side salad. It was worth the wait, it really was. I glanced at another table tucking into the fish stew which looked gorgeous colours glinting in the sunlight, and I then whispered a comment to my other half regarding another customers choice of sausage & chips - did she really have no idea of what stunningly simple tasting food she was missing ?. it was all an utter delight, and it was a glorious day to be sitting by the harbour savouring every mouthful. The portion size was ample, the plates, cutlery and boards spotlessly clean. Other customers around me were speaking highly of the quality & taste of their food when asked. My only negative comment is that the young waitress should have really noticed that our little silver table was in need of a wipe down to remove the bird poo before she placed the basket of bread down, in advance of the other food arriving. I shall look forward to many re visits and shall work my way through the menu.The next tables scallops looked and smelt divine! thank you for such a wonderful lunch. Two courses £17 - bargain. Closes at 5pm

Reviewed 9 June 2014

We visited Rachel's while on holiday in West Bay having read the reviews here. It really is wonderful, be prepared to wait a while for a table to become available, then place your order and enjoy the best Fish and Chips, Ham Salad and Smoked Haddock Chowder you'll ever have. The meals that were being taken to other tables like the Crab Salad and Fish Stew looked great too. We ate here three lunchtimes. The view across the harbour while you are eating is as good as it gets. The staff are lovely, so polite and friendly. Would thoroughly recommend if you are visiting the area.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Been visiting Rachel's Since they opened. Seafood is always fresh perfectly cooked and presented. The outside seating overlooking the harbour is one of the attractions, as a previous reviewer has said Sea Food Heaven