“Could not have been fresher!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 19 Restaurants in West Bay
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Local cuisine, View, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Cash Only, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Wokingham, United Kingdom
“Could not have been fresher!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

Best Cod and Chips I have had for a long time! Fresh, light batter, good chips and great tartar sauce. Service was very good, efficient and polite...wish I could say the same about the starlings!

Highly recommended!

Lancashire ENGLAND
“The best place to eat in Westbay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

Returned to West bay for a second year after a wonderful time the previous one, as always the food at Rachels was top class, we tried most of the sea food on the menu over our two week stay and were never disappointed, if you want awesome fresh and locally sourced sea food eat at Rachels. The owners also went the extra mile after realizing we had returned for a second year by really looking after our 4 year old son.

Somerset
“FELT LIKE I WAS ON HOLIDAY IN THE MED”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

Had lunch here yesterday on a very hot day, and the restaurant was very busy. We ordered the large cod and chips as we were unsure whether we would get a table so it could have been a takeaway. However we managed to share a table with another couple and were told by the staff when they started cooking our fish. This turned out to be absolutely delicious and of course amazingly fresh. I was watching food go by to other tables and heard that the haddock chowder and the fish stew were fantastic. Our immediate neighbours had the crab salad and said it was out of this world. They had been making the trip from Wiltshire for years to eat at Rachel's.
I most certainly will eat here again on my next visit to West Bay.

Essex, United Kingdom
“best seafood”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

The only trouble is choosing what to have it all looks delicious
Only open between 12 and 5 but every day

Visited June 2014
Dorchester, United Kingdom
“Scrummy Seafood - well worth the wait!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

Stumbled on the reviews of this place by accident. How many years have I lived here and never eaten here? - shame on me!!! So today I took a detour down to the bay for lunch. The tables were packed and they were honest enough to warn you about the waiting time of approx. 40 mins. Placed our order, and wandered off around the harbour to watch the film crew going about their business there. Wandered back 35 mins later, dropped straight into a vacant seat having announced our arrival and lunch arrived in a few moments later.
The famous smoked haddock chowder was a delight and not too heavy, and was served with two hunks of rustic bread. Then we followed that with a prawn platter. The platter had fresh prawns, crevettes in filo pastry, king prawns, tempura prawns & a mini prawn cocktail in a scallop shell, sweet chilli sauce dip & colourful side salad. It was worth the wait, it really was. I glanced at another table tucking into the fish stew which looked gorgeous colours glinting in the sunlight, and I then whispered a comment to my other half regarding another customers choice of sausage & chips - did she really have no idea of what stunningly simple tasting food she was missing ?. it was all an utter delight, and it was a glorious day to be sitting by the harbour savouring every mouthful. The portion size was ample, the plates, cutlery and boards spotlessly clean. Other customers around me were speaking highly of the quality & taste of their food when asked. My only negative comment is that the young waitress should have really noticed that our little silver table was in need of a wipe down to remove the bird poo before she placed the basket of bread down, in advance of the other food arriving. I shall look forward to many re visits and shall work my way through the menu.The next tables scallops looked and smelt divine! thank you for such a wonderful lunch. Two courses £17 - bargain. Closes at 5pm

• 4 of 5 bubbles