We visited yesterday, arrived about 2.45pm, we sat in bar area looking at menu, one of the waitresses even came past and looked at us choosing from menu, there was also another waitress behind the bar area that most probably could see us sat there looking at menu, we spent 10 mins looking at menu then went to the bar to place our order to then be told there was no food available until 5pm. Whilst I understand that you may not have the levels of business to make it necessary to serve food all day, I feel that if your staff see people looking at a menu, possibly looking to place an order, they should come over and just ask if we were looking to order food, and just mention that food if not available, not just watch people there choosing then wait for them to come to the bar to order and then say food is not available, is not acceptable especially, when that bar at that time was very quiet only about 5 other people there and the staff just wandering about waiting to clock off, as just after we had been to bar about 3 members off staff went off duty.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Delightful Hotel set right in the heart of West Bay Harbour. Serving great food and local ales. If you are visiting Dorset there is no better location than the Gateway to the Jurassic Coast and home of ITV's Broadchurch. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Booking.com so you can book your The George reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The George Hotel West Bay
- The George West Bay, Bridport