We got the food and wine package with excursions to go wine tasting and had cooking classes on the site of the villa. Our experience has been beyond description. They provided transport from the train station to the villa and the countryside was just beautiful. When we pulled up to the villa, I was blown away. It is breathtaking! Everything is so manicured and perfect. The olive groves were beautiful along with the vineyards. Once we arrived we didn't have to worry about a thing! The villa we stayed in was immaculate and beautiful. The bathroom was large with heater and in floor heating along with a separate tub and shower. Everything is very energy efficient also. They take good care to make sure the villa uses as little energy as possible.
Since we didn't have a car, we stayed at the hotel for dinner and we have nothing to complain about. The menu items were fresh, beautiful, interesting,and most of all, delicious! We tried something new every night and were never disappointed.
The staff is wonderful. They know you by name and the owners are very involved with the day-to-day operations. They knew our names the day we came when we walked through the door and made us feel right at home. Rossi also took us on our tours and was very attentive and flexible. Everything is so personal.
The culinary classes were so much fun and we learned a lot. We cook a lot, but we aren't used to cooking traditional Italian dishes, so there was plenty to learn. It was like cooking with family. Lots of wine, conversation and food. This was a trip of a lifetime and I would suggest this superb villa to everyone!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On a remote hillside above Lake Trasimeno, Villa di Monte Solare nestles in gorgeous grounds punctuated by cypress trees and fountains a few miles from Perugia. An enchanting villa, that for centuries was home to an aristocratic family, it is now a delightful boutique hotel with an excellent restaurant, two swimming pools, a tennis court and a pampering spa.Rooms and suites at Villa di Monte Solare are distributed between the villa, complete with marble fireplaces, terracotta floors and antique furniture, or in one of the 350-year-old farmhouses on the estate, also beautifully furnished but with a more rustic feel. Wander around the walled Italian garden and discover the chapel. Then, head to the pool and take in the sweeping views of the Muserale Valley and the Mongiovino hills.Take a cooking class with the chef to learn authentic Italian cuisine and then try to match a wine to your dish with a wine tasting session. In between swimming, relaxing, spa treatments and tennis find some time to visit some of the nearby villages for a feel of Umbrian life. End your day with delicious Italian cuisine in Villa di Monte Solare’s restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Villa di Monte Solare reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Di Monte Solare Hotel Tavernelle Di Panicale
- Hotel Di Monte Solare
- Di Monte Solare Hotel
- Villa Di Monte Solare Italy/Umbria