“Brief but very pleasant stay”
Review of Jerico Farm

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cotgrave
Jerico Farm
Ranked #2 of 4 Cotgrave B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I had to be at a funeral of a close friend from Cotgrave the next morning and wanted a guest house near Nottingham rather than travelling on the Monday morning from Warwickshire. I received a warm welcome on arrival around 8 p.m. The setting is superb and although it is quite close to the A46, I could hear no traffic noise at all. I was given a good explanation of the room facilities including how to work the shower. The room was spacious and very comfortable with a small room attached where I could sit on a settee. The bathroom was bright, spotless and the towels provided were of very good quality and the bath towel was nice and large too! Fresh milk was available at all times from a fridge kept In the hallway. There was also a microwave. I made use of the sitting room to read and it was very comfortable and homely. The breakfast was lovely with a large choice of cereals or fresh raspberries, grapefruit. other fruit and yoghurts. The cooked breakfast was delicious and included a speciality sausage from the local butcher in Cotgrave.

Room Tip: Room 3 had a good view of a field on the farm.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Farmhouse16

Reviewed 9 August 2013

We chose this Bed and breakfast based on Trip Advisor reviews and were not disappointed. It was very clean and very quiet. We always sleep with the windows open and all you could hear were the lambs in the next field. Very comfortable bed, warm welcome, lots of fresh fruit etc for breakfast. We had the family room, which meant we had a little sitting room as well and an ensuite bathroom.
Only minor gripe was no lemon for my tea. Would certainly stay again.

Room Tip: Have the family room
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LyndaHilliardEvans
Reviewed 27 July 2013

I've been coming here as a stopover on business trips for a good number of years; my wife can remember staying ten years ago; in all that time we have been made to feel very welcome by Sally, who could not be more helpful. The three varying, interesting rooms are excellent for the prices charged: they seem spacious, almost as if a fourth could have been created but someone decided not to. I think the one with the small sitting room is my favourite, but all are good. Views out over fields are lovely and the widening of the main road that runs nearby (which I know caused Sally some problems) has not intruded too much (I always sleep well here, even with windows open) - and has made accessing the farm easier. I love the sound of the sheep and the sight of the lambs in spring is magical. You almost forget this is a working farm, so clean it is. I can't think why anyone would want to stay in a chain when they can come here - and guests on business seem to be as common as holidaymakers, so I am not the only one to discover this secret.

Good breakfasts and many interesting pubs serving good food in the vicinity round off a great experience.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank MontrachetJ
Reviewed 30 May 2013

We only got to stay one night but would have loved to have stayed longer!!! Sally is very helpful with directions and suggestions on the local area. The rooms are comfortable and clean, the farm is cute and quaint, and the breakfast is amazing! We would stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Emy W
Reviewed 16 May 2013

Well, yet another great stay at Jerico Farm, The Fosse, Cotgrave, Nottingham.

This time in their room number 2, which has been freshly revamped and has an en-suite to die for! Beautifully tiled in pale mint and apricot, with a lovely hot towel rail (all rooms have this luxury feathure), which is great for drying your towels after your shower, assuming you are staying several nights....

Also, Sally, the farmers wife who runs this 'oh, so busy' B& B, (as well as doing her other work around the farm), has gone over to a gorgeous range of ORGANIC compllimentary toiletries in lovely fragrances! A nice touch!

Breakfast using her own home made sausages and bacon from their own pigs, is the best we've had, since the last time we stayed there when we visit with the family...

Beats other B&Bs breakfasts hands down, and we've had a good few recently, as we have been travelling around the counties, house hunting!!!

So, if you are in the area and need a well priced, friendly B&B, with extremely comfortable beds, in a farm environment, where your outlook is sheep, sheep and more sheep, try Jerico Farm. You WON'T be disappointed!

Room Tip: All rooms are nice, with sheep for neighbours!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank lajmaj
Reviewed 13 January 2013

I stayed here for five nights in December while my son was at the university attending the vet-medlink course. Although none of the hotels I have reviewed on Trip Advisor have been particularly exotic that is because most of my travelling was done long before Trip Advisor was thought of but it does mean that I can judge, impartially, whether a hotel or other accommodation is good or otherwise. In the case of Jericho Farm I can only say that anyone who does not rate it excellent or has any complaints is obviously an impossible person to deal with!

I found the farm easily having printed off the instructions the night before. As my sat nav is up to date it took me to the door anyway. I was greeted with a warm welcome from Sally and shown to my room.

The room was nice and warm, spacious and well furnished with good quality furnishings. There were decent biscuits on the tea tray and they were replenished FREE every day, fresh milk was in the fridge in the hall for tea & coffee. There was hand cream, liquid soap, shampoo & conditioner in the bathroom, as well as very soft warm washable vinyl on the floor. The bedroom also had a 30 inch TV, comfy large double bed and comfy chairs. There was a good breakfast (although I stick to toast, tea & porridge) and it was all spotlessly clean. I have stayed in hotels charging five times as much and the room has not been so well furnished or spacious.

In the evenings I worked my way through the list of pubs and restaurants enclosed with the room information, they were all easy to find and all very good or better!

I had wondered about the privacy aspect but Sally was a perfect host. If I needed anything she was available but she didn't come rushing out to ask if I had had a good day whenever she heard the rumble of my car on her drive.

Excellent value for money and not a complaint in sight .... although .... when I stopped to say hello to the sheep they all ran away!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank 911euf
Reviewed 10 December 2012

Arrived here by police car (long story). I was made to feel welcome instantly. The proprietors were very accommodating, helping me with my walking route and even giving me the bigger room because they thought i would prefer the bathtub. They even offered to drive me to the pub for dinner. The room was spotless and very comfortable (the bath was fantastic after an 18-mile hike).
Breakfast was fantastic and the landlady even waved me off in the morning. Loved it. Do please ask them for directions to the farm as the roads have all changed recently.

P.S. The next night I stayed in the Old School House in Upton which is not on Tripadvisor, but I would also give it 5 out of 5.

Room Tip: Twin room has bath, double has a shower.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo

Been to Jerico Farm? Share your experiences!