“Sunny Salerno B and B”

My Salerno Apartment
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Marini
My Salerno Apartment
Ranked #1 of 1 Marini B&B and Inns
Reading, United Kingdom
“Sunny Salerno B and B”
Reviewed 3 August 2012

I recently stayed at Dianne's My Salerno Apartment and was very happy with the accommodation.
The apartment was spacious and had a beautiful terrace overlooking the mountains and coast. Cava is a charming Italian town without a single tourist insight. I felt like I was experiencing the real Italy as towns like Amalfi and Sorrento can be overwhelming with tourists. In Cava you can eat and drink like a local. Also, Vietri sul Mare is very close by and you have access to the beach. Dianne was a wonderful host who knows all the 'secrets' of the Amalfi coast. I easily made day trips to Naples, Amalfi and Mineri. Dianne is also very helpful with local knowledge of the area and country.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank StarStella007

Families
Business
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 4 June 2012

Dianne's My Salerno Apartment was a delightful and relaxing experience...
The apartment is clean, comfortable and very cosy and the host is a gold mine of information about the region.
Cava dei Tirreni is a charming town (20 min by bus) with a lovely and very lively pedestrian area with an excellent choice of restaurants,cafés,and wonderful gelatto bars...
From there you can easily reach Pompéi and most of the important touristic sites.
I first discovered the Amalfi coast based at Dianne's Salerno Apartment 3 years ago and continued to explored thanks to her good tips this spring...
Patricia Montréal Québec

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 4 May 2012

Dianne's My Salerno Apartment flat was very clean and comfortable, and a refreshing change from all the tourism chaos we found along the coast.
She was very helpful with her suggestions and provided us with a lot of resources and a guide book she had prepared herself with useful tips and local how and where to's.
The drive to the coast was about 10 minutes or less to Vietri sul Mare, and about 15 to Salerno, so we found it quite convenient.
Cava dei Tirreni was also a lovely place to explore, and we found a few really good eateries there thanks to Dianne's suggestions.
We had a great stay there and the price was excellent especially for all the personal attention we got, and how refreshing and fortunate for us, she is someone that is a native English speaker.
We couldn't have had a better more accomodating host.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
toronto
Reviewed 22 March 2010

We recently stayed at the new location which was outside Salerno city and in a village 'Benincasa' overlooking the Amalfi Coast. We got good directions and we had no problem getting the bus there, it taking about 20minutes or so. The apartment has a very nice view of the sea and and lots of sun as we were lucky enough to get 3 sunny days while we were visiting the area. It's a nice quiet area, there was a small supermarket and coffee bar nearby, it was accessible to connection transit stops for the Amalfi Coast, and very close to Vietri sul mare where the Italian ceramics are made. We also spent an enjoyable hike in the hills with our host exploring neighboring villages. We got lots of info and maps, and it was nice to have such access to someone that speaks native English and knows everything and had good suggestions for us. The price was reasonable, comfortable and and we loved the 'host-dogs!'

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank trixxieg
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 27 October 2009

We found Dianne's apartment clean, cosy, simple and comfortable. Dianne is an excellent host and has very good local knowledge which we made good use of, visiting some of the places she recommended including her favourite town of Kava up in the hills - a 30 minute bus ride.

Dianne is very helpful, articulate, has a kind heart and a great sense of humour and it was a bit like staying with a friend. Her animals are great and gave her apartment even more of a homely feel. If you are tired of staying in very touristy places, then this will be a good contrast - and we really like to mix it up and this made for a more memorable holiday for us.

The beach is five minutes walk from her apartment, the bus is right there (you don't need a car in this city), restaurants are all around and the city centre is ten minutes by bus. The shopping is great and an evening stroll through the city with all the residents shows you the real side of Italian life. Its great!

I would recommend Dianne's Salerno Apartment highly. Have a great stay and enjoy this simple base in an interesting and surprisingly tourist free city with lots to offer.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank SuzyNZ
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 20 July 2009

Dianne was an excellent host. Travelling throughout Italy was so very touristy but this place is not. Like other travellers have stated, Salerno is the real deal. Dianne was so informative. It was so nice to be able to speak to a local who knows English since our Italian isn't that great. She answered so many questions we had about the local culture and recommended some great places to eat and drink. Do go to the gelato place she recommends, I think it's Gerry's Gelato. All locals and the cheapest Gelato by far in Italy. Remember to pay first and then give receipt to the person serving the gelato. The cocnut flavor was amazing. Following her directions from the TRAIN STATION was very easy, we did exactly as written with no problem.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
Toronto
Reviewed 14 January 2009

I loved staying in Dianne's Salerno B&B because I felt somewhat integrated into a slice of southern Italian life. Her cozy apartment in a real Salerno neighbourhood in the midst of the comings and goings of urban Italian life with the shops, cafes, bars, restos, pasticcerie, cheese and fish shops, young and old, chic and not was absolutely authentic and exciting. The Xmas atmosphere helped for sure but I can only image what sultry vibe summer brings to this little sea-side city.

Dianne and her Italian friend Giuseppe helped with planning day trips to places like the Amalfi Coast, Napoli, Pompei, and Paestum. A real plus is that Salerno is so close to all this without the expense of those other more touristy places. I felt completely safe at any hour in Salerno too.

Dianne's place itself is cozy, clean, and convenient, what a deal! There were answers to all my questions and a genuine willingness to help make the most of my vacation ... not something you find in all Italian pensions or budget accommodations (and I've stayed in many).

I'll definitely be back. Thanks Dianne!

Deni

• Liked — Dianne, the proprietress.
  • Disliked — Nothing really.
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank DeniToronto
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marini
Lloyd's Baia Hotel
#3 of 7 in Vietri sul Mare
B&B La Chiave
B&B La Chiave
#6 of 23 in Vietri sul Mare

Been to My Salerno Apartment? Share your experiences!