“Value for money”

Hotel Aquarell
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cegled
“Value for money”
Reviewed 11 December 2012

I enjoyed the hospitality of the staff, I liked the pool and sauna area. The hotel and rooms are good, nothing really special. Except for the special rooms: with sauna or with jakuzzi. Time can be seen a bit, but not that bad.
I was disappointed with the quality of the food (I mean dinners, becuase breakfast was ok). It was not that bad, but also not good. So some improvement would be good.

Room Tip: aks for the rooms with jakuzzi or sauna. they are also bigger than the usual one...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
Bucharest, Bucuresti, Romania
Reviewed 6 June 2012

Dear all,

We are pleased to thank you very much for your hospitality during our holiday in Aquarell Hotel. We enjoyed very good services, we really appreciated the cleanness, the food, the availability of your staff. There was plenty of comfort, relaxation, and wellness.

We hope to visit again your hotel in the future to spend such a great holiday.

BIG thanks to everybody, special thanks to Master Chef!

Fam. Petre
Romania, Bucharest

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Géza F, Front Office Manager at Hotel Aquarell, responded to this review, 8 June 2012
Dear Fam. Petre,

Thank you for your kind words, we really appreciate it. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay here.
Hope, you come back soon, and thanks again that you share your opinion here!

Best Regards

Géza Fejes
Front Office Manager
Inverness, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 May 2012

My partner and me spent 2days/1 night over here..On arrival the receptionist was very helpful and kind, check in was quick and get all information what we needed so far. We went to the room straight away whitch one looked good and well serviced-cleaned. After a wee rest we decided to having a lunch in the a'la carte restaurant...I have ordered a freshly squeezed lemonade for drink and a gnocchi with chicken stripes. In the meantime we were waiting because between the restaurant and the kitchen has a big automatic door each time a waiting staff went in or out you could see the kitchen so I recognised our waitress to using a Fanta lemonade soft drink for my "freshly squeezed lemonade" :)))) when we' ve got our main meal I was looking for the extra chicken I have ordered but never find it so I mentioned the the waitresscoz I don't wanted to be charged for it, I was tasted my partner meal too and it was HORRIBLE never eat that bad of fried rice..after lunch we spend long time in the spa it was allright nothing special!!!! The main disaster was the buffet dinner OH MY GOD :(((((( first thing I saw that none of the hot food been covered I mean how is this possible?????????? it is not just to protect the food from dirt or dryness it is because of the health and safety regulations says hot food have to be served 63 degrees or above I know coz I am chef myself too!!!!! So it was absolutely shocking when I saw none of the food been covered even the rice can u imagine how dry it was pffff and of course nearly cold everything, last things are the dessert a thought as it is a 4stars hotel will be more than 2 different desserts but nope one of them was called somlói galuska ( Hungarian dessert ) and the second one :)))))) mini tea cakes from I don't know how lond they were so dry and hard VERY DISAPpOINTING!!!!!! After all ,we decided that we gonna have a coctail in the bar...it was nobody there....i mean customers the young girl ( bartender) just taken the cakes from the afternoon by a trolly to the kitchen i guess but before she left never said anything to us so we were waiting for her at least 10 minutes, when she came back i could hold back in myself how bad was the dinner and was shocking to see all the hot food uncovered her response was the next oh she thinks that is good that way as people cab see the food straight away and they can choose easier from the options and make better apetite for the customers and they've bee told to do that way.....????????????? I let her know that I am a Chef myself too and this is not acceptable but I gave it up as she always had an arrogant answer.....but the main point was when I paid for our drinks she said to me very irresponsive way......" OH IF YOU ARE A CHEF HOW CAN YOU WEAR FAKE NAILS IN THE KITCHEN?????" i WAS LIKE IS SHE KIDDING????? AND THEN I LET HER KNOW THAT I AM ON A HOLIDAY AND THIS TIME I CAN WEAR ANYTHING I WANT :))))) as i am Hungarian too but i am working in Scotland since 5 years so i could say when i am going home that is when i am going home for a holiday....
I have left a letter on the reception with all my comments I don't know is the director received it or not but never got back any answer from this Hotel at all so I decided to leave my negative comment in here at tripadvisor!!! Very disapponting hotel with poor service,horrible food and arrogant staff never offer for anybody and do not planning to going back this place.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Bikal, Baranya, Hungary
Reviewed 14 February 2012

Everything was very good! I can only recommend to everyone! We enjoyed it very much!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Géza F, Front Office Manager at Hotel Aquarell, responded to this review, 29 February 2012
Dear "Kovacs K"

Thank you for sharing your positive experience with others. We're really glad that you enjoyed your stay here. Hope we can welcome you as soon as possible.

Best Regards

Géza Fejes
Front Office Manager
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 February 2012

We spent 3 nights at Aquarell hotel in Cegled.

Positives:
Spacious and clean rooms with balcony
Clean and well-maintained Spa with comfortable relaxation beds
Delicious food for breakfast and dinner
Good heating during winter
Free internet in the rooms
Laptop size safe in the room

Negatives:
Front desk staff should wear uniform instead of casual jeans...
The textiles are 2-star quality (bathrobe and towels in the room, spa towels were dirty)...and it is not changed on a daily base
Tiny walls and we could hear everything from the corridor when someone was walking there
Quite expensive Bar for nothing

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dvtraveler25
Reviewed 28 January 2012

We stayed short time but we really enjoy it. Our child played with new, traditional and special toys, went into pool all afternoon, eat and slepp well. We decide we will come back with the grandparents our friends.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 January 2012

Four star hotel, but we ended up asking what for?
After arriving we had to realise, that our room has technical-electricical problems. Never mind, we asked for technicans, and they solved it. Sadly in the restaurant somehow our bill was more than we drink, and also when chenking out we got misunderstandnis about our bill (five times more than should be!).
Food was overcooked, and mirelite. This is not a 4 star hotel behaviour!
Ok, not to mention that the clen up machine was for hours long in the door, where we entered the pool area...
Staff was friendly, big smile all the time, whit this I cant say anything wrong.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cegled
Hozam Hotel
Nyerges Hotel Thermal
Mizse Motel
Mizse Motel
#1 of 1 in Lajosmizse

Been to Hotel Aquarell? Share your experiences!