“Excellent stop over”

Ramada Resort Cwrt Bleddyn Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Llangybi
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
Simon D, General Manager at Ramada Resort Cwrt Bleddyn Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Reviewed 26 March 2014

Contrary to some recent reviews we found Cwrt Bleddyn excellent in virtually all respects. The reception was excellent, the bedroom clean, spacious and comfortable, the restaurant friendly with first class food. Staff were all first class -knowledgeable, friendly and courteous. Throughout the hotel was clean and well cared for, the only minor criticism being that the bar is a little impersonal. Breakfasts were splendid. We would certainly stay again and recommend this hotel to friends.

1  Thank davidcM3072GO

Thank you for taking the time to review us. I have taken over the management of The Cwrt Bleddyn since you stayed with us. I have looked at all the points you have made and they form part of my action plan to improve our standards. I hope that you will return in the future. Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel if you wish to discuss your review further. Again, thank you.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

We chose to stay at the Cwrt Bleddyn Hotel in Usk as it was only over 30 minutes drive to the Cardiff Millennium stadium where we were due to see a rugby match. We were quite excited about it as it looked nice in the pictures and it had a gym and a pool. Although we've booked a double room, we've been given a room for three people with a double bed and a separate single bed, which wasn't a big problem but it just made the room less cozy and it was a lot of space wasted. The rooms overall was very tired and I could see cobwebs in the corners of the ceiling. I think it's in a great need of an update and it's in desperate need of some wall and/or ceiling lights! The only ceiling light was in the hallway bit when entering the room, but unfortunately it wasn't working. Besides that the only other sources of light were some lamps which were located close to the bed. There are two steps in the room and I've tripped on them several times due to the poor lighting.
We had breakfast at the hotel on both morning we've stayed there. It was ok, nothing special, but nice enough. Unfortunately on the second day it took an hour from the time we've order to the time we've actually received the breakfast! It's good we weren't in a rush!
Not long after we've arrived we had afternoon tea, which was fairly average and we've been served that in the bar where it was dark and dingy instead of being seated in the restaurant area where the sun was shining in.
The grounds of the hotel were lovely and the pool & jacuzzi were up to standards. The water in the pool had a nice temperature and the jacuzzi was nice and hot! Definitely a selling point of the hotel! It's a shame the changing rooms and shower rooms were so run down! They are in desperate need of redecoration!
With regret I'll have to say that I won't be rushing back to this hotel...not unless it goes through a complete refurbishment!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Princess_Lia_Tyrrell

Reviewed 18 March 2014

My partner and i stayed for the weekend and we had such a lovely, peaceful and relaxing weekend. The staff really are wonderful, friendly and excellent customer service skills nothing is too much trouble each and everyone member, even the housekeeping ladies were friendly and went out of her way for us. Our evening meal was stunning, so well presented and tasted as it looked gorgeous. Breakfast was fantastic Our room was so so relaxing and awesome, clean and we both had a good nights sleep, our room was everything we expected and more. Our room was number 35 the Catherine Parr suite highly recommend stunning views also. Even the guests were all friendly and chatty we met lots of new people. The pool and jacuzzi is fantastic. We had such a perfect weekend surrounded in the countryside didn't want to leave. highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: highly recommend room 35

Reviewed 14 March 2014

This is perfect after a long days business and driving, the buildings and grounds are picturebook, the staff and quality of service are top class, I wrote to the hotel after my first stay here I was so impressed with the whole set up. Superb from start to finish

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Peter D

Reviewed 14 March 2014

Spent a night here on deal b&b evening meal ..both of which were very nice ..the pool and spa area are very nice accessible and clean ...The rooms were spacious but keeping the old world charm ..however did find the service in the bar area a bit fawlty towers!! No background music so lack of atmosphere in public areas...for a quiet break I would recommend.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cookies59uk

Reviewed 11 March 2014

After having stayed in various inns around the area, I must say that I found that the staff at Cwrt Bleddyn is the biggest reason that I stay here again and again. All of them greet you with a smile and they are always there to help when you need information. The hotel location is wonderful too. The spa and swimming pool are well taken care of. Restaurant is wonderful with extremely professional staff. The quiet surroundings definitely help one relax after a hard day working!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jinfeng G

Also consider these accommodations in or near Llangybi
Glen-yr-Afon House Hotel
The Parkway Hotel & Spa
St. Pierre Marriott Hotel & Country Club
The Priory Hotel & Restaurant
Three Salmons Hotel
The Beaufort Coaching Inn & Brasserie

Been to Ramada Resort Cwrt Bleddyn Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!