The Falls Inn & Spa
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Walters Falls
See available hotels
The Key Motel(Chatsworth)
  • Pool
Hilltop Motel(Meaford)
Great 4.5/5
Very Good 4/5
Owen Sound Inn(Owen Sound)
Inn on 6th(Owen Sound)
Very Good 4/5
Diamond Motor Inn(Owen Sound)
Average 3/5
All reviewsbruce trailsconestravelzoo voucherpatio overlookingfrench toastyogurtgrey countysmall balconyowen soundheated floorswonderful spotgetaway packageintimate weddinglovely weekendhiking trailsrooms are largesoaker tub
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Stayed here over the past weekend and I must say how much I enjoyed the inn. We had dinner which was wonderful and so was the breakfast the next day. The room we had was very large and well taken care of, and the staff are wonderful and do everything to make your stay perfect.
Thanks falls inn for the great getaway!
Ohh and the view. Absolutely stunning!

Room Tip: I think all rooms face the falls, so really there is no bad room at the inn.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jaysunhoffman
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I believe that this AMAZING Falls Inn and Spa could NOT be ANY nicer!! All the experiences I have had with my friends that I have introduced to the this beautiful hide away have been nothing short of TERRIFIC!!! One of my friends enjoyed her visit so much she decieded to hold a family party for her husband"s 80th Birthday surprise gathering there!! Every detail was clearly and kindly explained by the owner while my friend and I sampled the various foods available for such a big gathering.

The party went off perfectly and the owners and all staff assisted in creating this party weekend to be a MOST warm and happy experience. They were able to accommodate people of all ages and various needs such as physically compromised elderly, to almost newborn babies. I was very impressed with the dedication the owners put into making sure all people in the party were looked after.

This couple are very special and I applaud them for having created such a special place in our community. Thank you for raising the standard of hospitality we can look forward to. Also the weekend buffets are fantastic. Very great choice of home made goodies and the owner even creates the perfect eggs you want right in front of you!! Total service with a smile!! Thanks Ava

Room Tip: All the rooms are grande!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ava z
Reviewed 1 November 2013

A modern Inn with a nice pub for afternoon cocktails and pub food. The dining room was nice, not elegant, and the food was outstanding. All Rooms have a balcony that overlooks the falls, and the common areas were well decorated and comfortable. Rooms have High ceilings, tastefully decorated, and have a bar sink and fridge to assist in those cocktail needs. Staff was friendly and helpful. The only issue, was the room was not as clean as expected, as there was hair in the tub, and previous shower products on the shower shelf. Overall, I recommend this for a nice getaway. The bruce trail, and lots of road trip options to nearby towns make it a convenient location.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Keetu
fallsinnwf, Owner at The Falls Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. We are glad you enjoyed yourself and gave a fair review of your experience.

Thankfully we have remained busy through the fall season so I can say any unfortunate feedback from any department has been low compared to the number of guests we are seeing, but I am not happy with the few reports either. We have doubled our efforts to communicate and follow up with housekeeping to ensure these overlooked areas get more attention. A little more training will solve this - and quickly. I can assure you it was an issue of error and not neglect. Should anyone see anything similar, please inform us and we will address it right away.

Again, I am glad you found your stay enjoyable overall. The location has a lot of charm in each season with great seasonal activities 'just down the road'. We hope to see you again so you can experience them all.

Best Regards,
Dwayne Hallman
Innkeeper

Reviewed 15 October 2013

My husband and I took advantage of a Groupon for this incredible Inn. To be honest we weren't expecting much (the deal was so good that we thought it might end up being too good to be true) we just wanted to get away for a couple days for our anniversary but this Inn exceeded our expectations and then some. It is nestled on the side of a charming waterfall just at the top of a small cliff. Every room has a private balcony overlooking the falls. A lovely, picturesque trail winds around the immediate area, which is peppered with gazebos and benches, with many opportunities for pictures and you can walk right up to the bottom of the falls for the up-close-with-nature experience. The food was amazing (try the french toast it's heavenly and very inexpensive), the hospitality was unmatched and the rooms were perfect for a couple wanting some peace and relaxation. I highly recommend this lovely oasis, we will return time and time again I'm sure.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank stacief1982

Thank you stacief1982 for the wonderful comments!

The whole point of these offers is to help us connect with new guests that will appreciate the value of the offer in hopes they will return.

I am glad we had success with your stay. We look forward to seeing you again.

Dwayne Hallman
Innkeeper

Reviewed 2 October 2013

We had a lovely overnight stay at the Falls Inn & Spa.

Room: Our room was a Maple Suite. It was above the patio, which was a concern from an earlier review, but during our stay there was no noise whatsoever. The room was very nice and clean. The bed was comfortable. The bathtub was big and relaxing. The TV in the Maple suite is pretty old and basic. I understand that they have nicer ones in the other rooms. However that wasn't a big deal for us. There is free wireless internet, which is easy to access and quite fast. I do think that is a good selling point these days considering some places charge a daily extra for it.

Restaurant: Our evening meal was very good indeed. I was wondering from some of the reviews whether the food would be more style over taste, but that was not the case. For appetisers we had crab cakes and calamari. For entree we had lamb shank and venison. Everything was very nicely cooked. The venison did not have as much flavour as some that I've had, but the texture was perfect. The chef evidently knows how to cook perfectly well. The quality of the ingredient is a separate issue. And I'm not saying it was bad - just not as good as some venison we've had. The lamb shank was really tasty though.

Staff: Very pleasant and helpful.

Area: The building itself is fine - nothing especially picturesque, but nothing bad either. The area in which it stands is great though. It is of course by the waterfalls, and also intersects with a nice stretch of the Bruce Trail. We arrived early and the receptionist was very definite that we would not be able to check in before the 3pm check-in time, so we decided to walk the trail. We actually got lost due to my poor navigation which lengthened our walk a bit, but that was all to the good as we worked up extra appetite for our meal.

Summary: We recommend the Falls Inn for a really nice break from the city without having to travel too far (for us at least).

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple