“Fabulous experience” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Falls Inn & Spa

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Walters Falls
“Fabulous experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

My husband and I purchased a voucher for a one night stay at the inn. We had a lovely room with a view of the falls. We hiked a bit of the Bruce Trail. I had a relaxing body scrub in the spa and we enjoyed a lovely dinner in the dining room. Friendly staff. We will definitely return.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kathie4129
fallsinnwf, Owner at The Falls Inn & Spa, responded to this review, 11 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

We are so happy you enjoyed your time with us.

We hope to see you again soon

The Falls Inn & Spa.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

Our big family (my husband, our daughter's family with 2 kids and her husband's parents) stayed in the resort for 2 nights. The staff was very nice, patient and friendly. Our rooms were very big and very nicely decorated. We had very testy breakfast, then we went to Bruce Trail. Alsough there was a lot of snow, we had fun on the Trail. Our granddauhgter was happy to be with us on the Trail but she was upset that thre was no Playgraund for kids to stay outside of the resort, even no banches... We found that the resort is not Famyly oriented, it is more oriented for weddings. We had dinner in the Restorant the food was delisious and the price was resonable!
My bad experience was in SPA. I decided to use my credit for facial and had it just before our leaving the resort. Even though I warned about my sensitive skin, the girl did not pay attention and after using scrub she damaged my skin. I put nothing on my face even we did not go for a walk, but there were red spots on my face at the end of the day, I was recomended to treat the spots with Polysporin (I work in NYGH and a doctor examined my face). I woud not recomend to go to SPA at the resort.

Room Tip: There is no swimming pool, no children activities in the resort
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
      Cleanliness
fallsinnwf, Owner at The Falls Inn & Spa, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Thank you for the review. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your room, meals and hike.

You are correct, while children are welcome we are setup as a falls-side couples, spa and dining retreat. Though we are close to children activities and can assist with planning on request.

As for the spa, during the initial consultation prior to your facial you did advise our aesthetician that you have sensitive skin. She asked if you have any allergies or reactions. You had stated no. She let you know the procedure and it was agreed to go ahead with the facial. Based on your answers to her questions, a treatment plan was formed. After your facial she asked how you were feeling and you stated relaxed. In my email to you, I advised on the product used and how's it's designed for sensitive skins and in our 8 year history not had a single issue. I've checked with the company and again, no issue. What we feel has happened is that perhaps something else has been applied to the face between the time of the facial or exposing the fresh clean face to the sun. What your review highlights to guests is that you know your body best. We can only ask questions and use your feedback during services to gage the next steps. If at anytime you are concerned or feel the initial service is not right for you, just let us know and we'd be happy to make changes and do what's best for you!

Best regards,
Meg Hallman
Shelburne, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

My wife and I stayed for a night here and absolutely loved it. The room was spacious, clean and very nicely decorated. We found relaxing music playing and complimentary chocolate-chipped biscuits in our room on arrival - very nice touch! The room had a private balcony over-looking the falls - beautiful. The service was fantastic! The food was amazing! Sunday brunch was the best buffet I have ever seen - amazing! I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Steve N
Hi Steve N,

Thank you for the kind review!

We look forward to your next visit with us!

etobicoke
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

Very Nice Place to stay, Family Oriented, the food is awesome !!
The Trail is nice.
We had dinner at the Pub, The Salat is Excellent.
There is not much to do around, but still nice place to relax.
The Room is Big, Nice Patio/Water View.
Cookies at arrivals :) nice :))

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Hi Monca15,

Thank you for the review. We are glad you enjoyed your relaxing visit. On another trip you could consider visiting the local wineries, enjoy a round of golf, plan a horse trail ride or spend the afternoon in the spa.

Just a few options of things to do. We are available to help with this and more on a return visit.

Innkeeper,
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

I was attempting to go to the Inn hearing it is beautiful and having purchased a Living Social deal for a nights stay. I started with an email only asking about availability in which I did get a prompt response asking me to call. When I called several times I was always placed into the voice mail each time as no one answered and so left a voice stating what dates I wanted and asked how to apply my voucher. I never heard back from the voice mail so asked the same later via the email response (from Jane). I never heard back there either. So then I decided to send a new email just asking if there was availability for May 11th. I did get an email response (this time from Jackie) that yes there was availability and to call in. Well guess what, I could not get through so left a voice mail. Jackie did call me back! I missed the call so called right back and had to leave another voice mail. I decided to send all my information to her via email to speed things up and so mention the voucher and attached a PDF of it. Well, never heard back after that - seems like whenever I mention the voucher they did not want to reply.

So after 6 whole days of doing something that I can usually do in 2 minutes online - book a room - I gave up and got my money back for the voucher. This was a lot of time and effort for nothing but rudeness. What type of place cannot answer the phone or respond to emails in a timely manner and even worse, never responds when you mention you have purchased a voucher for a special rate that they have set up and participated in to promote their business? If you have a special promotion voucher don't mention it to them until you get there!!

Oh, and now two weeks later I still have not heard anything at all!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank KMD13
fallsinnwf, Owner at The Falls Inn & Spa, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Hi KMD13,

Thank you for reporting this issue. It is certainly concerning to hear.

Just so you know, we book certificate stays regularly and do not filter the use of vouchers in messages. Also the phone answering system only activates if we are on a call. No one is 'put to voicemail'. It is required if no line is available. During a sale like the Living Social campaign indicated the phone can be quite busy meaning more calls go to voice mail during the sale.

Normally email is a great way to get past the busy phones, but secure information like credit cards are still required by phone. I see 3 emails from you and 3 responses from front desk. Our messages are backed up in-house and in cloud storage. I have searched all 3 locations. Unfortunately junk filters and other technical issues can keep email from getting to their destination. Are our replies in your 'junk' folder?. I can see in our messages each time we asked to connect by phone we offered to call you if you responded with your number and a good time to call you. I do not se a response with your phone number as requested. The request may not have reached you?

Again I am sorry for the delays caused by the sale. We are trying different approaches to make sure we connect with all callers. We will look into the situation and see what we can do to correct this going forward.

Best regards,
Owen Sound, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

My husband and I called and reserved for dinner on the recommendation of friends for a special occasion. The setting was lovely, the service exceptional, and the food was fantastic! We had an awesome meal.
However, if you have any respiratitory allergies this is definitely NOT the place for you.
We were bombarded with the smell of potpourri the moment we walked in the building. Generally speaking, in this type of environment, an inn and restaurant, this isn't a problem as they don't use strong or any scented products in their communal areas. Luckily, I had allergy meds with me and was able to make it through our special event dinner without having to leave.
In most in home B & B situations you will find heavy scents, and I avoid those for that reason. I didn't expect it here. And even though I took my meds, I still woke with eyes glued shut and a headache and can only lament not being able to return because it smelled.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Hi,

Thank you for posting the review. I am glad you enjoyed your meal.

I am sorry the scents bothered you. As a spa location our clients expect scents to be used as part of the experience. Most spas are scented a bit more than other accommodations or dining rooms.

Perhaps a visit to the patio in the summer months would be an option for you?

Thank you again. We hope there may be a solution to allow you to return soon.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

Stars
- large well furnished rooms that is clean and inviting
- the surrounding environment is so peaceful and quiet it invites that Calm meditation and serenity one looks for when escaping the hustle and bustle of the city
- the bfast and dinner was scrumptious and beautiful - especially loved the dinner with new and different tastes - never seem to be the same w each food item -- I had the venison tonight and it was nicely done!
- the staff is so inviting, welcoming, approachable and friendly --- always a smile!
- the rooms all have a "falls view". The summer would be amazing to sleep with windows open and one can hear the falls -- but it being winter I preferred to sleep in warmth and comfort!!!

Wishes
- a spot for a bonfire outside close to the falls and have the opportunity to spend an evening with the falls and the crackling of a fire (maybe every Friday or Saturday night bonfire)
- fire places in the rooms (either gas or wood) would bring out the charm of the space and harken back to country living
- spa hours that would extend beyond five (maybe in the summer it goes beyond five but today it didn't ... I went snow mobiling today and would have loved to have returned to a spa with a massage and a facial cleansing considering it was so dry outside

NOW, all of the wishes are very personal to my own desires and dreams ... It does not in any way take away from the wonderful nature of this extremely fine inn.

Will I return? You betcha!! Fall!! Want to see the leaves turn and go horse back riding around the corner!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank KCFoodLover
Hi,

Thank you for the review! We are glad you enjoyed your stay. We will consider your suggestions and see if they can happen in time.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Walters Falls
Blue Mountain Inn
#4 of 8 in Blue Mountains
Inn at Cobble Beach Resort and Spa
The Guest House at Eugenia Falls

Been to The Falls Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!