“So many hreat choices and combo's”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cafe Magana - CLOSED

Cafe Magana
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
“So many hreat choices and combo's”
Reviewed 10 August 2013 via mobile

Love the decor, the consistancy and the food. You can mix and match anything, and the changing specials are always a good bet.
To die for milkshakes, onion rings and meatloaf. Extensive book,exchange so drop by a well read english title and take a new one home. One of my favorite go to places Lakeside.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank C E S

“A Local Favorite”
Reviewed 12 April 2013

First of all, I just love the small funky cafe vibe, feels like home. Best of all, I love the carrot ginger soup, so much that I tried to replicate it at home...epic fail. The roast beef is so tender and amazing, I don't know how Jeffrey does it. Ribs are very , very good...my pick for the best in town. Love all of the special sauces. Book exchange is a major bonus.
Jeffrey is charming , a bit of a character. This is one of my favorite restaurants in town.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Betsy G
Lake Chapala
“Love this place!”
Reviewed 17 February 2013

If I had a restaurant, this would be it! The signs all over the place (and on the menus) telling people what the 'rules of the house' are, the lending library...it's wonderful, and I think a lot of fun. Jeffrey, the owner, is a delight, and every time we've gone there with a child, he treats the child as if they're the most important person at the table, even crouching down to their level.

Now all of this would be fine, but if the food was bad, we wouldn't go back. I love the hamburger...I would put it up against any hamburger in the area. Their pasta is awesome, and being from Kansas City, we're really barbeque snobs, and we really enjoy their barbeque and the selection of sauces they give us. The meat loaf is definitely a reminder of home. If they had mac & cheese, I would probably never eat anywhere else! It's down-home comfort food, and with all their little nooks and crannies, you can eat in quiet while you read one of their many books. But, don't forget, if you get a book, you better bring a book! Enjoy.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank HappyFeet_Ajijic
Chapala, Mexico
“Great food and Jeffrey is the best!!”
Reviewed 27 January 2013

Everything on the menu is great. Jeffrey, the owner, is a hoot. There's always a soccer game on the TV.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank emery o
Chapala, Mexico
“Best Meatloaf at Lakeside”
Reviewed 21 December 2012

If you like meatloaf, this is the place to go. The mashed potatoes are real and outstanding. Prices are reasonable. Service is good and a little funky. Magana has the largest lending library outside of LCS.

Visited December 2012