“Precious”

La Iguana en la Piedra
Ranked #27 of 51 Restaurants in Chapala
Description: Zona llamada de la piedra barrenada, conocida por todo lugareño, se encuentra a la orilla del lago de Chapala en el tramo de Chapala a Jocotepec.
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Very good place to hang out and have a good meal...the view is amazing and the food is pretty good...have to say is better with family

Reviewed 8 October 2013

La Iguana has a charm that is lacking in some of the other "fish" restaurants located along this strip of Lakeside restaurants. The one thing I do not like is that one must pay for valet parking, it is not based on gratuity. The food is consistently good, it is a favorite of Guadalajara families who come here to celebrate special events. This is a seafood restaurant however, they do serve excellent chicken fajitas and the drinks are good. I come here with my Mexican "family" to celebrate birthdays and Christmas. There is always "almost" too much food. My particular favorites are shrimp and huachanango or red snapper. Often on weekends there are roaving mariachi bands.

Reviewed 7 April 2013

Had lunch here on 07 April, 2013. We could not have been more disappointed. The staff was disinterested. The food was borderline horrible. The beer was served at almost room temperature. Our waiter had all the personality of a bar of soap. One of the worst meals I've had in a long time.

On the plus side... The restaurant is clean and the view is very nice.

1  Thank Mike H
Reviewed 5 April 2013

We were a group 3 couples and the restaurant was recommended by one of the couples. The restaurant was very quiet and few customers. We ordered drinks initially, some having Margaritas and water. We ordered our main courses, two had a shrimp dish, one salmon, one chicken Fajita and I ordered the Sirloin steak medium rare, non were cheap meals. When my steak arrived, the steak was over cooked, tough and the whole meal was cold. I sent the steak back asking again for medium rare, this time it arrived very rare and with the same other cold vegetables etc. I did not eat the meal and just let it sit on the table. In discussion with the other attendees, they all had cold meals and very poorly cooked. This restaurant has no excuse for this extremely poor quality if meal and we will never visit it again.

1  Thank TerryrdBaker
Reviewed 26 August 2012

Easy to get to and good parking. Can take a large group. We enjoyed to fish dishes. The drinks were very good and the waiters were prompt with service.

1  Thank Barbara W