“Valentines stay”

Mercure Hull Grange Park Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Willerby
Reviewed 16 February 2014

We stayed here two years ago for a valentines deal and loved it, so when we saw it was available this year we wanted to stay, asked if we could upgrade but there were no upgraded rooms left :(.

Stayed last night 15/2

As part of the package we were to get: chocolates on arrival, one nights stay, Set 3 course meal, Breakfast and 2pm check out.

The 3 course meal was ... like last year beautiful, really enjoyable, the whole meal took around 1.5 hours with a 30-40 minute wait between starter and main course, there were a lot of people complaining about this (it was very busy) but for us it was perfect, we were away for a night, had a glass of champagne why did we want to rush? The restaurant was lovely.

Rooms: When we checked in they told us that they had put us in a room on the ground floor, whilst not an upgraded room with all those amenities it was a lovely large room with plenty of space.
OMG The bed.... if I could have somehow snuck it out and brought it home.... was the comfiest bed I have ever slept in (including my own)

Breakfast: Full English, fruit, cereal, pastries... lots of wonderful choice... sadly still full from last nights dinner to fully appreciate an all you can eat buffet breakfast!

Staff: I wish I knew her name but the staff member on duty (I think she was the manager, only one in a suit in restaurant) at both dinner and breakfast was wonderful. Very attentive and having to deal with a lot of people (again it was very busy) THANK YOU!!

We rented a movie for £4 which was definitely worth it. Lots of choice.

Overall we had another lovely stay here and both said we would go again.

Would have given 5* but we never received our chocolates as part of our package, despite asking at reception they still never arrived! :(

Room Tip: We had room 15, large room nice views
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Emily R, General Manager at Mercure Hull Grange Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Thank you very much for your wonderful comments following your Valentines stay. I am pleased to see that the pace of service suited you and that the food as good. I do know the young lady you refer to and I will make sure she sees your comments.
We have recently invested in new beds and I am glad you enjoyed your nights sleep on one of them.
I am so sorry about the chocolates - we will make sure you get them in the post!!
Thank you again for your contribution

Reviewed 12 February 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Emily R, General Manager at Mercure Hull Grange Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

Reviewed 29 January 2014 via mobile

I used to be a regular at this hotel, often popping in during the week to hold small meetings. I have been working out of the area for the past 4 months so have been unable to visit as regularly. However I had a meeting to do attend in the city so thought I would pop in for a bite to eat. I have to say I left extremely disappointed. The place was like a ghost town, not another customer in sight. The chairs were tatty, tables grubby and the bar smelt awful. The staff working looked miserable and uninterested. It appeared a lot of the faces I remember from previous visits have left, which can't be a good sign. I ordered a sandwich for lunch and the bread was stale and salad looked a week old. I won't be returning in the near future, I'd recommend thinking twice before entering the mercure.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank P_Vess
Emily R, General Manager at Mercure Hull Grange Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

Thank you for your feed-back on the Mercure Grange Park Hotel, but I am sorry to read that your sandwich lunch fell below our usual standard.
I would like to investigate this further and if you could contact me personally I would appreciate this

gm.mercurehull@jupiterhotels.co.uk

Reviewed 22 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed here last night , hotel accomodation was fine though strange unpleasant smell in the corridors ! Had dinner here opted for the two course set meal ! Ordered fish and chips and fruit salad to follow ! Chips were defrosted soggy potato wedges , fish was rock hard and I could have soled my shoe. With it ! The fruit salad must've been a couple of days old , the dried up fresh mint was vile . Breakfast this morning was much better and palatable enough , but it did not take away the awfulness of last nights meal !

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Audrey C
Emily R, General Manager at Mercure Hull Grange Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Here a t the Mercure Grange Park Hotel we work hard to ensure that our guests recieve the best possible service, room and food that is possible, therefore I was dissapointed to read about your poor food in the restaurant. Please accept my sincere apologies and I hope that the Duty Manager also apologised on the night.
I am pleased to see that breakfast was an improvement and I hope that you will return in the future when we can prove that this was a one off incident.

Reviewed 22 January 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank Andrew W

Reviewed 14 January 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights in January. The hotel was very quiet so we got two really good nights' sleep. The bedrooms and bathrooms are comfortable but a bit tired and in need of updating. The mattresses do need upgrading as the springs are able to be felt through the cover. Any deficiencies in the rooms were more than made up for by how friendly, effiecient and helpful the staff were. All staff were exceptionally good but one who stands out is Jane who served breakfast alone, very quickly and efficiently.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Emily R, General Manager at Mercure Hull Grange Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Thank you for your comments. I am sorry that you had a poor bed and I will investigate this further. We upgraded 40 of our beds at the end of last year and plan to replace a further 40 this year. I will make sure that this one is replaced in the next batch
Thank you for your kind comments about the staff, I will make sure that your feed-back is circulated throughout the team

Reviewed 10 January 2014

I have been staying here regularly mid-week since June 2013. The hotel is a great base and the staff are welcoming, kind and friendly without being at all intrusive.

I would wholly recommend this to commuters for a very reasonably priced but comfortable base.
The food is very good, there are gym and pool facilities, a cosy bar, free wifi (or paid faster connections if required), and comfortable rooms.

The staff are amazing, especially Eray, Sally, Chris, Jeff, Lee and Anne-Marie.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Emily R, General Manager at Mercure Hull Grange Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Hi Jenny
Many thanks for your contribution to tripadvisor. It is always great to have customer feed-back but even better from someone who uses us so often as you do
If we can do anything, either now or in the future to make your stay even better please do not hesitate to ask any of us

Emily Rogers

Also consider these accommodations in or near Willerby
Best Western Willerby Manor Hotel
#1 of 1 in North Ferriby
Holiday Inn Hull Marina
Holiday Inn Hull Marina
#5 of 20 in Kingston-upon-Hull

Been to Mercure Hull Grange Park Hotel? Share your experiences!