“Fantastic weekend and wedding venue” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mercure Hull Grange Park Hotel

Mercure Hull Grange Park Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Willerby
yorkshire
“Fantastic weekend and wedding venue”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

With living local to this venue staying there is not usually an option, but as we were partaking in a wedding for the weekend why not push the boat out. We stayed two nights in this place in a suite, it was very large and spacious with a separate bedroom and very tidy. The beds and pillows were very comfy and like most reviews I like to focus on a good nights sleep I feel this is important to all.
As the economy is recovering I would like to think that Mercure will invest in this venue as certain aspect of it are getting tired and could do with a re vamp especially as the kudos of this venue used to be THE PLACE TO BE SEEN AT. I think it can regain this status with investment in new carpets and the loss of dark wood doors etc through out.
As a wedding venue they do it brilliant. The day went like a dream for the bride and groom and I would like to think all the guests. Well done to the Mercure and your staff who where brilliant, a credit to your company,

Top tip going to a wedding there stay over room only and as part of the bridal group enjoy a breakfast courtesy of the hotel.

Thanks again for a great week end

Room Tip: Over looking the garden is nice
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Peter N, General Manager at Mercure Hull Grange Park Hotel, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear uktravellerYorkshire,

Thank you for the time to write such a fantastic review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay, we are glad you had such a great time.

We are constantly investing in our hotel, and are looking forward to the redecoration of over 50 bedrooms in August.

I will be sure to pass on your comments to the team, as they will be equally delighted with your feedback.

Once again many thanks, and we hope to see you again soon,

Peter Nye

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

The bedroom is fine, and good quality (bed was very comfortable). There are very few electrical sockets which meant that the TV had to be disconnected to get two items plugged in. The shower was hard to operate, and was only warm in the afternoon. There is staining on the tiles above the shower - which I assume is from a previous leak / water damage.

Fire alarm went off at 01:00 and the hotel had to be evacuated. I know safety is utmost important, but it went off again at 04:00. From other customers, heard that the alarm went off earlier in the afternoon, and this should of been sorted out.

The breakfast, I went down, and poured out some cereal, and found a spider crawling in it, whilst I was pouring milk...and drowning it. The rest of the breakfast is fine, with bread/ toast / croissants /cereal / melon. The cooked breakfast had fried / scrambled eggs, along with the usual items.

The staff were nice, but never got a response about the breakfast, and some useful tips we discovered whilst evacuating the hotel at night. (for example - working lights outside on the steps.)

I know the problems I had to endure is "not normal" - but had to be said. I would assume that the hotel would be good as a 4 (good 3 star) hotel if it was a normal night.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank mfield999
Dear mfield999,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a balanced review following your recent stay at the Mercure Hull Grange Park Hotel.

Thank you for taking the approach that what you endured was certainly not normal, however it is unacceptable that you never had a response regarding breakfast. I will bring this up with my operational team today.

Once again many thanks for your review, and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Mercure Hull Grange Park again soon.

Yours,

Peter Nye

Travellers are raving about these Willerby hotels

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed my stay which was for the Tour De France Grand Depart Yorkshire. Nice room, good food, friendly staff. My only criticism which may seem petty was the toast at breakfast. The rotary machine took an age and required three passes before the bread was adequately tanned. By this time the breakfast plate was cold. The control knob appeared to have been removed. However I would stay again.

Stayed July 2014
Peter N, General Manager at Mercure Hull Grange Park Hotel, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear Militaryprovost,

Thank you for reviewing the Mercure Hull Grange Park on Trip Advisor, all reviews are regularly discussed in our Management meetings in order to improve our service and facilities.

We would like to thank you for your comments regarding our rooms and staff, and we have taking adequate measures regarding your criticisms of breakfast.

Once again many thanks.

Peter
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

Food is lovely ,staff are really friendly and polite. Made us feel really welcome. Only gripe is the room carpets are a little soiled wall in room had damp.all though the rest of the room was clean. Would stay again if price was right .

• Stayed July 2014
Dear ltb1971,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Mercure Hull Grange Park on Trip Advisor. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback, especially when the staff are mentioned.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon,

Stoke-on-trent
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

Having stayed at the hotel previously we had hoped that it would have been a little better than it is. We were put into the furthest room from the hotel reception which was to help us avoid noise from the Saturday night Wedding party.
Our stay was badly marred by the fact that when I connected to the hotel WIfi my i-pad was "invaded" by some outside agency and this caused me to lose all of my e-mails and connectivity in the i-pad, my home PC and my laptop. During this time the outside agency sent approximately 270 e-mails purporting to come from me and which caused mayhem to the recipients.This has only now been restored after seven days. Credit must be given to both Sally on Reception and to Paul who both gave excellent service and attention.

Room Tip: There were no electric socket outlets that could be used other than by removing the TV and/or the ha...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Mercure Hotels

2 Thank Mary Rose B
Peter N, General Manager at Mercure Hull Grange Park Hotel, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear Mary Rose B,

Thank you for taking the time to review to the Mercure Hull Grange Park following your stay with us.

I am most concerned regarding the incident with your iPad, I would be grateful if you can contact me at your earliest convenience regarding this matter, as this seems very strange and something that I have never witnessed before. We offer free high speed and high security internet, via a highly reputable company. I am unsure how anybody would be able to directly access your iPad and laptop via this method, however I am more than happy to discuss this in person. Across all of our Hotels this has never been seen before.

I do hope that you contact me regarding the matter on 08448159037 or gm.mercurehull@jupiterhotels.co.uk.

Poole, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

Eight of us stayed Fri and Sat for a wedding in Beverley, 5 miles up the road. Never felt the need to write a review on the many U K and foreign hotels we have visited over the years, so this is a first. Why? Because my wife and I were so impressed at the excellent value for money we got.
Their website description is fair; a very pleasant setting, good facilities, etc. Re. comments about "in need of a makeover" are not too critical. Unless a hotel has just had a refurb. there is often some aspect of the rooms etc. that looks tired or shabby in most hotels outside the luxury band, so I feel one shouldn't be too harsh. Agree most heartily with other reviews about the staff; they were all excellent. The buffet breakfast on both days were amongst the best we have had anywhere, here or abroad, especially at these prices! Seems unfair to single out just a few staff to name, but here go's: Liz the chef, your Scrambled Egg and your Mushrooms are as good as any I've tasted in any hotel anywhere. Dining room staff Anne Marie, Jan and Linda deserve a mention as representative of the warm and friendly but efficient and professional staff in general. I hope this is typical of the rest of the Mercure chain.

Room Tip: Phone the hotel to discuss, as there is a great variety of locations due to the nature of the extens...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank 49johnandmaureen
Dear 49johnandmaureen,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review on Trip Advisor since you stayed in the Hotel. It is always a pleasure to receive such great feedback, even more so when the team are mentioned.

We are constantly investing in our property which I am sure you will notice if you return, however more importantly we will continue to invest in our team. I will ensure that Liz, Anne-Marie, Jan and Linda are all made aware of your comments regarding the great service they continue to deliver for us and our guests.

Once again many thanks and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel again soon,

Manchester
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

I stayed here for a work conference based at the hotel so the location didn't matter to me but it is a good taxi ride from Hull, there are a couple of villages close by with shops and there is a petrol station, fast food outlet and grill bar restaurant walkable.
The setting is really nice with the hotel based around a lovely lawn, there is a small gym and good sized pool and everywhere is really clean. The wifi is free and has good connection anywhere in the hotel. The rooms used for the conference were good although the air con was a little over powerful at times.
Whilst the reception and small bar are modern the corridors in the hotel smell musty and look old and in need of a makeover. Similarly the chairs in the room looked tired as did the pink bathroom suite.
The staff were very helpful and knowledgable about the local area, nothing was too much trouble. The price is good value for 2 sharing but a little pricey for sole occupancy especially considering the location.

Room Tip: Some rooms are a long walk from reception
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank jivedriver
Peter N, General Manager at Mercure Hull Grange Park Hotel, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear jivedriver,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Mercure Hull Grange Park on Trip Advisor. All reviews are gratefully received and used constructively.

We are about to embark on decorating our bedrooms, and thank you for your comments about the cleanliness and service levels.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel again soon,

Peter
Also consider these accommodations in or near Willerby
BEST WESTERN Willerby Manor Hotel
#1 of 17 in Kingston-upon-Hull
Holiday Inn Hull Marina
Holiday Inn Hull Marina
#4 of 17 in Kingston-upon-Hull

Been to Mercure Hull Grange Park Hotel? Share your experiences!