“noisy neighbours” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mercure Hull Grange Park Hotel

Mercure Hull Grange Park Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Willerby

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Turkish first
Cheshire, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

Special offer on Amazon for nights stay at Hull Grange Park Hotel. We combined our stay with a trip to Beverley Races.
Impressed on arrival, receptionist was lovely, very helpful and pleasant. Room was very clean and reasonably sized - we overlooked the gardens. Had drinks and sandwiches in garden - served by Paul and Mark - service was great and the staff were very pleasant, nothing too much trouble.
Good nights sleep, bed very comfortable, had swim in lovely pool before breakfast. Young lady on duty was most helpful and pleasant.
Breakfast was a revelation, plenty of choice and continually replenished. Would highly recommend the scrambled eggs and mushrooms (delicious) Paul was, again, on duty and very, very helpful. One small criticism, they really, really, need a new toaster!
Check out was quick, easy and friendly. Would definately stay here again.

Room Tip: Room overlooking the gardens
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
      Location
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Peter N, General Manager at Mercure Hull Grange Park Hotel, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear mamaditch,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Mercure Hull Grange Park following your stay. I am really pleased that you enjoyed your stay so much and will pass on your comments to Mark and Paul.

We do hope to see you again soon at the hotel,

Wrexham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

Stayed here last week........
POSITIVES...Reasonable sized room which was clean,and had a comfortable bed.Breakfast was good with plenty of choice and was always checked to see if anything needed replenishing.
Staff helpful and friendly.Ideal location to access motorways etc.Nice grounds.Pool/gym although we did not use these facilities looked nice.
NEGATIVES...HOUSEKEEPING needs to be more attentive.A few cobwebs around room and badly marked mirror.LIFT could be cleaned better.Access stairwells although painted were full of cobwebs,dust,dead insects.ROOM very hot..needs fans or aircon.Did not make for a comfortable sleep.BIGGEST COMPLAINT ..why on earth does the bed have a quilt that is adequate for the middle of a Siberian winter!!
However the negatives didn't spoil our short stay.All in all a pleasant trip.
Complaints regarding tired furniture and bathroom I think are over the top.Think there is a refurbish on the cards,so this should make the hotel a good choice.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Peter N, General Manager at Mercure Hull Grange Park Hotel, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear bedouin2,

Thank you for taking the time to review to review the Mercure Hull Grange Park Hotel on Trip Advisor. We found your review really constructive and are really grateful of the feedback.

We are in the process of decorating bedrooms as we speak, and have made improvements to our public areas and meeting rooms, to which we look forward to you seeing when you next return.

Many thanks for your feedback,

Cleethorpes, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Should be at least 4*, very nice staff, fantastic room, facilities etc. Food ace, we had dinner and breakfast. Will be back for more, especially the swimming pool! Plenty of parking space, nice quiet location.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear gucci_t,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel on Trip Advisor following your stay at the Hotel, we are really pleased you enjoyed your stay.

I have passed your comments onto our team, who will be equally delighted with your feedback.

We look forward to seeing you again soon,

Rayleigh, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed here for one night on 14th July 2014. The room looked very nice. It was up in the eaves so, given the humid weather at that time, was extremely hot and stuffy. There was no air con so it would have been a nice gesture to have been provided with an electric fan.

The bed was very comfortable and breakfast was pretty good too.

The big let down was the bathroom which would have been ok had it been cleaner. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't filthy but other peoples' body hair can be so off-putting. I wished I'd taken slippers with ,me to save collecting strangers' pubic hairs on my damp feet.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Location
1 Thank PrincessFruitBat
Peter N, General Manager at Mercure Hull Grange Park Hotel, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear PrincessFruitBat,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Mercure Hull Grange Park Hotel. I believe I have replied to you separately via our in house guest satisfaction tool.

Again I would like to apologise for the issues with cleanliness that you discovered, it is far from acceptable and the appropriate actions and measures are in place to avoid this from happening.

If I can be of any further assistance please let me know.

Thanks

Rainham, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

I arrived at the hotel very jet lagged and all I wanted was to have a meal and sleep. The hotel appears to have a modern feel as you arrive. however this is a facade. The accommodation is dated and not clean, there were suspicious brown substances on the bathroom floor and the lift to the upper floors was filthy.
I ate in the restaurant and found that the it was full of noisy offensive guests from Jewsons, clearly on staff training who dominated the entire restaurant. Crude loud offensive guests were not challenged at all by the staff .The hotel staff were overwhelmed by the number of people there and the food and service were not good. My first choice of food (curry) was not available but I was told a different type of curry was, this indicates to me that this is not freshly cooked and is rather over priced for a ready meal. at the end of the meal I asked twice for my bill. 40 minutes passed and I got up and found the waitresses. They then directed me to the bar as all tickets were there. The barman asked if he could help. I asked for my bill and he then continued to do his work behind the bar, ignoring me for a good 10 minutes. Eventually the manager arrived who did not even know what I had ordered, eventually some 75 minutes after I finished my meal and being dead on my feet, I was able to sign for my meal. Im glad I was only here for a few hours

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank gazzao
Peter N, General Manager at Mercure Hull Grange Park Hotel, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear gazzao,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel on Trip Advisor following your recent stay.

I am really disappointed with your feedback, we are a much stronger hotel than the one you describe, so please accept my apologies for the shortfalls in service you received.

I would be grateful if you can spare the time to contact me directly (gm.mercurehull@jupiterhotels.co.uk), so we can discuss this further.

Kind Regards

Peter Nye

Travellers are raving about these Willerby hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Willerby
BEST WESTERN Willerby Manor Hotel
#1 of 17 in Kingston-upon-Hull
Holiday Inn Hull Marina
Holiday Inn Hull Marina
#4 of 17 in Kingston-upon-Hull

Been to Mercure Hull Grange Park Hotel? Share your experiences!