“Worth a stay if your in the area”

Best Western Willerby Manor Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Willerby
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Worth a stay if your in the area”
Reviewed 23 November 2013

I booked late and room only rate was £83.50, a little expensive I thought but the best I could do at short notice. Friendly staff on reception, the young receptionist upgraded me on arrival.
The room was larger than I expected, clean and the bathroom though a bit dated was adequate.
I didn't eat there as I wandered into Willerby for a curry, which was top notch.
Had a pint in the bar later and the staff were friendly and the surroundings good.
Left early the next morning but I would recommend the hotel and thanks to the staff. Pleasant and friendly staff always make a difference!

1 Thank Andy C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Beverley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

Great stay at this friendly, clean and excellent hotel. Room was huge and well equipped and laid out. Fantastic big bed. Food was excellent in the evening best beef I have had in some years and breakfast was on the money as well. Price at £66 special deal for single B and B on a business offer was top value and I had a perfect hotel experience. Well worth using. Mach.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Stayed again on business, very pleasant check in, I was going out for the evening so I needed a speedy meal service, so ate in the bar and I just had soup and a wrap. Promptly served complete with a courteous service check. Room warm and clean. Sadly I Left early in the morning and missed breakfast. No complaints,the staff will always try to please, would recommend.

Doncaster, England
Reviewed 17 November 2013

My mother and I spent a one night 'girlie' break on a dinner, bed and breakfast basis in a superior twin room, booked on the BW website for £85 around 10 days in advance.
The main reason for our break was to relax, and we chose this hotel based on the fact that it offers a pool, sauna, steam room and jacuzzi-everything we need to hole ourselves up for the night!

On arrival we were greeted by two friendly receptionists who checked us into a nice large twin room which overlooked the gardens.

Dinner in Figs brasserie was lovely. Food well cooked and arrived quickly and not too overpriced. Staff friendly and attentive without being intrusive.

Breakfast areas very well maintained and staff attentive. Cooked breakfasts made to order and arrived quickly.

Pros: Our superior twin room consisted of two queen sized beds-larger than single, slightly smaller than doubles that were very comfortable and dressed with soft, clean cotton bedding. There was also a large sofa which I assume also doubled up as a sofa bed.

Plentiful supply of tea and coffee in the room, plus Walkers shortbread biscuits.

Gilchrist & Soames shower gel, hand wash and hair and body wash in the bathroom.

Plenty of towels left for us.

Staff throughout the hotel seem to genuinely enjoy working there and the standard of customer service is excellent. Nothing too much of an issue-be it a request for extra tea bags in the room or an extra towel for the sauna everything was provided on request.

Cons:

The week prior to our stay I emailed the hotel requesting a price list and availability for the on site beauty salon as I'd have liked to treat my mother to a facial or massage. However I was advised that the salon was closed due to the beautician being on holiday! Not the hotels fault as it is an independently run salon, however it does look bad on the hotel when a beauty salon only has one member of staff and is forced to shut shop whenever she wants a day off!

The hotel is in serious need of an update. It is very clean overall, the public areas have been modernized and look very fresh however the bedrooms are very old fashioned with ancient bathrooms, discolored wallpaper and no temperature control! The rooms were swelteringly hot even with the radiators turned down and the the windows open. The corridors are also very dated with varnished wooden doors. The health club changing rooms were like a 70's nightmare!This said though, not a thing was out of place-no torn wallpaper, no grime and obviously well maintained. Just extremely dated.

The entrance to the hotel is marked only by a sign. The hotel itself looks nothing like a hotel from the 'front'! There was what appeared to be a goods entrance, a hair salon, a block of low rise flats (these turned out to be the bedrooms!) and a very strange car park! You are more than likely to think you're in the wrong place on arrival, so I'd maybe suggest the hotel places a sign or at least something above the doors to mark that this is the hotel entrance.

There are no lifts! We twice encountered guests with buggies who had to encounter the stairs.

Breakfast buffet a little disappointing. Plenty of tinned fruit, yogurt and a decent selection of cereals however no pastries, Nutella, muffins, cooked meats/cheeses or fancy breads which I'd expect from any hotel serving breakfast to be honest. Juice was limited to orange and was brought to the table rather than being left out for us to help ourselves to. I'd have also liked to see fresh fruit available.

There are Aldi, Lidl and Waitrose Supermarkets within a mile of the hotel so that you may stock up on supplies or grab anything you may have forgotten to bring.

Overall, a lovely stay and great value for money. We would stay again should the occasion arise.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the hotel face the gardens-request one of these if you like to peer out, otherw...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Biggar, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 November 2013

I stayed at Willerby Manor last night on a trip to an event in Hull. Through Booking.com i managed to get an excellent rate of only £45 B&B, and i must admit for that price i did wonder what i was going to find.
Am glad to say i was delighted with the hotel. A very friendly checkin, and i was directed to my room (109). A huge room, with a superkingsize bed, couch, desk, separate dressing area with another desk, and a lovely bathroom. All very clean - really delighted with them. Meal in the bar at night was very good - i opted for buffallo wings to start (small portion but tasty enough) then haddock and chips - lovely moist haddock in crispy batter, real handcut chips, mushy peas and some salad.
Breakfast was also good - juice and coffee, and cooked breakfast cooked to order. All good, though i have to say there is no place on a cooked breakfast for a watercress garnish!!
The best part was the staff - at check in, 3 different waiting staff in the bar/restaurant, and all breakfast staff - without exception friendly, professional and efficient - excellent. A really great value hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Elscodobermann
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Stayed after a dinner dance held at the hotel so can only review certain elements but I know that the hotel has far more to offer and will be back at some stage.
I was late arriving and only had a few minutes to check in before I had to be at the function. There wad also a further Dinner/ Banquet being held in another part of the hotel so the reception area was busy. Despite this the check in was exceptionally quick and slick and I was able to go to my room, leave my gear and get where I needed to be in less than 10 minutes.
The dinner was held in a room slightly away from the main building but was spacious with good facilities. The bar and table service throughout the evening was very good. The food I would say was ok given the number of people to be served but would not have been to the standard I would expect in the hotel restaurant. Unfortunately on this visit I didn't get the chance to check that out.
The bedroom was a little small but to a good standard with all of the facilities you could want ( not sure if Wi Fi available).
Breakfast was a little disappointing with regard to the continental offering as I could not find any cheeses or cold meets. The cooked breakfast went someway to make up for that and the waitress service was very good.
Can't review the rest, leisure facilities, restaurant etc, but given that the rate I paid was better than a Premier Inn and included breakfast. I think the rate was negotiated as part of the function booking but non the less a very good deal.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Willerby
Mercure Hull Grange Park Hotel
Hallmark Hotel Hull
Hallmark Hotel Hull
#1 of 1 in North Ferriby
Cave Castle Hotel & Country Club

Been to Best Western Willerby Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!