“Excellent service”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Willerby
Haslemere, United Kingdom
“Excellent service”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Another really good stay, staff are very friendly and accommodating . The Specials Menu in Figs brasserie was excellent and the chef here is brilliant - innovative dishes , very fresh and great quality ..

Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I attended this hotel for a seminar and found it very appropriate for the occasion. The waiters and waitresses were very well trained, the layout for refreshment and lunch was excellent. Water and glasses on every table, the lunch was excellent and a good variety of hot and cold food. The layout was very good.

Room Tip: Very good place for Seminars and business meetings with lunch.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Yorkshire
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I feel bad as I've never left such a bad review for anywhere I've been.

Booked a spa day for my mums birthday present, my sister & I also came for treatments. We were all very disappointed.

If I could base it solely on the staff and the friendliness of the beauty lady then they would get 5 stars, everyone was very friendly & helpful.... but the rest of the day was a let down.

Id booked a pick'n'mix spa which included 2 x 1 hour treatments. My mum went in and came out half an hour later after receiving a half hour back massage (my mum is a little shy/didn't want to question it) so when I went in for my treatment I asked what we were booked in for and she said it was the pamper package which was 4 x 30 min treatments instead of 2 x 1 hour ones. Was disappointed at this as my mum had really been looking forward to the all over body massage.

The beauty room itself was ok but whilst having treatments there is a very loud air conditioning unit by your head which is very distracting. The beauty room is also at the entrance to the health club and you get lots of children running past screaming. I knew robes/slippers weren't included before we went, so that was fine we took our own, and we were given towels to use. Changing facilities weren't great, similar to that of a local leisure centre rather than a nice hotel.

Pool/steam room/sauna & Jacuzzi were lovely - but couldn't relax as for 4 hours there were childrens swimming lessons with a swimming instructor who got them to join in nursery rhymes etc. We tried to stay out of the way in the Jacuzzi but still got annoyed at small children jumping in & out of the Jacuzzi. Would of been nice if the staff could of mentioned this would be going on on a Saturday morning when I booked & we could of gone at a different time. The noise was my main bugbear, it felt like we were at a local leisure centre/crèche, not a highly rated hotel.

Lunch in the Figs brasserie was delicious, food was very nice, lots of choice.
Was given a spa menu to choose from, which was a selection of sandwiches/salads and a drink (posh tea/coffee or soft drink). As we ordered some extras & desserts we opened a tab, but we were charged for the drinks we got (even though they should of been free).

The whole day felt a bit mismanaged and I was a little embarrassed that Id bought this as a gift for my mum without checking the facilities first. The whole point of a spa day is to relax and we definitely didn't feel relaxed, it was a total waste of money as im so embarrassed I feel I should buy my mother another birthday gift to make up for this one!

It could be nice if they changed a few things, but for the minute, I wouldn't recommend.

(not that it matters, but I paid full price for the spa day, it wasn't part of a special offer or Groupon deal where sometimes you get less service).

I would recommend the Figs Brasserie.
I didn't stay over/use any other facilities but the rest of the hotel that I saw did look very nice / plenty of parking available.

5 Thank tonilouise
Skegness, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

Good location, close by to the centre of hull. very nice rooms lovely and clean. Very good sized rooms too. All staff were very friendly and welcoming. Nothing too much trouble. Nice pool and steam room, sauna, jacuzzi. Definately worth the money.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Made a last minute booking at this hotel so we could visit family in Hull. We arrived quite late but the staff were very friendly and welcoming. We were quickly checked in and directed to our room. It was a lovely spacious and very clean room. Following a good nights sleep we had a swim and a hearty breakfast. We will definitely stay again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Willerby
Mercure Hull Grange Park Hotel
#1 of 1 in North Ferriby
Holiday Inn Hull Marina
Holiday Inn Hull Marina
#4 of 18 in Kingston-upon-Hull

Been to Best Western Willerby Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!