“Willerby Manor Hull”

Best Western Willerby Manor Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Willerby

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 April 2014

This hotel is superb in all aspects the staff are very friendly, professional and helpful, it is very clean and tidy the rooms have fabulous beds and are very clean. The health club is friendly, clean and well run from the gym to the pool and steam room / sauna. Food portions are fine and the food is cooked to a superb standard.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

Cottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

Awful customer service skills. My family and myself came here yesterday for a drink but got told to book a table just incase it was busy in which we did so. When we arrived we were in the middle of all the other tables and right in front of the door which wasn't really an issue, they had set the tables with knives and forks and menus as they thought we were eating... As soon as they found out we weren't eating they immediately took the menus and forks etc away from us. So we ordered our drinks and it was mainly a girl who served us throughout our visit, as the waiter and waitress brought our drinks over they both looked so miserable making it quite clear they didn't want to be there which came across in a rude way and did not smile once throughout the time we were there. Especially the girl. I work with customers through out the day as well as in a well presented restaurant and I would go above and beyond to make my customers happy. Anyway the waitress told us if we wanted any food or drinks to write it down on a bit of paper (don't quite see the logic in that) and hand it in to the bar in which I did I ordered the homemade tomato soup for big kids and some chunky chips. When it came the portion of the soup and the chips were tiny I know it was for 'big kids' but it was about a fiver the cost for the both of them was about £7 it was ridiculous. We then asked for the bill and that was also very expensive as we had 1 or 2 drinks each and it came to about £50/£60 for the 6 of us!!! We then handed the bill in to the waitress and got back another persons bill with their money? So we had to take that back to the bar not to mention the waitress was slouched across the bar and did not acknowledge any table once whilst we were there!! When they brought us back the correct amount of change we left about a 50p tip. Rubbish customer service skills and wouldn't come back here again.

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Hally17
Staines, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Although the name suggests a country location this hotel is in the middle of a residential area. The exterior is not at all prepossessing and has a rather institutional look - hence 4 rather than 5 stars. I believe there are pleasant gardens round the back but on a cold March night I did not investigate. However the interior was pleasant and warm and the staff were unfailingly pleasant. My room was quiet, comfortable and well-equipped. My evening meal in the brasserie was well-prepared, good value and served with courtesy. For the (discount) price I paid for the night I thought it was good value. I did not have breakfast so can't comment.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Haslemere, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Another really good stay, staff are very friendly and accommodating . The Specials Menu in Figs brasserie was excellent and the chef here is brilliant - innovative dishes , very fresh and great quality ..

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I attended this hotel for a seminar and found it very appropriate for the occasion. The waiters and waitresses were very well trained, the layout for refreshment and lunch was excellent. Water and glasses on every table, the lunch was excellent and a good variety of hot and cold food. The layout was very good.

Room Tip: Very good place for Seminars and business meetings with lunch.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Yorkshire
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I feel bad as I've never left such a bad review for anywhere I've been.

Booked a spa day for my mums birthday present, my sister & I also came for treatments. We were all very disappointed.

If I could base it solely on the staff and the friendliness of the beauty lady then they would get 5 stars, everyone was very friendly & helpful.... but the rest of the day was a let down.

Id booked a pick'n'mix spa which included 2 x 1 hour treatments. My mum went in and came out half an hour later after receiving a half hour back massage (my mum is a little shy/didn't want to question it) so when I went in for my treatment I asked what we were booked in for and she said it was the pamper package which was 4 x 30 min treatments instead of 2 x 1 hour ones. Was disappointed at this as my mum had really been looking forward to the all over body massage.

The beauty room itself was ok but whilst having treatments there is a very loud air conditioning unit by your head which is very distracting. The beauty room is also at the entrance to the health club and you get lots of children running past screaming. I knew robes/slippers weren't included before we went, so that was fine we took our own, and we were given towels to use. Changing facilities weren't great, similar to that of a local leisure centre rather than a nice hotel.

Pool/steam room/sauna & Jacuzzi were lovely - but couldn't relax as for 4 hours there were childrens swimming lessons with a swimming instructor who got them to join in nursery rhymes etc. We tried to stay out of the way in the Jacuzzi but still got annoyed at small children jumping in & out of the Jacuzzi. Would of been nice if the staff could of mentioned this would be going on on a Saturday morning when I booked & we could of gone at a different time. The noise was my main bugbear, it felt like we were at a local leisure centre/crèche, not a highly rated hotel.

Lunch in the Figs brasserie was delicious, food was very nice, lots of choice.
Was given a spa menu to choose from, which was a selection of sandwiches/salads and a drink (posh tea/coffee or soft drink). As we ordered some extras & desserts we opened a tab, but we were charged for the drinks we got (even though they should of been free).

The whole day felt a bit mismanaged and I was a little embarrassed that Id bought this as a gift for my mum without checking the facilities first. The whole point of a spa day is to relax and we definitely didn't feel relaxed, it was a total waste of money as im so embarrassed I feel I should buy my mother another birthday gift to make up for this one!

It could be nice if they changed a few things, but for the minute, I wouldn't recommend.

(not that it matters, but I paid full price for the spa day, it wasn't part of a special offer or Groupon deal where sometimes you get less service).

I would recommend the Figs Brasserie.
I didn't stay over/use any other facilities but the rest of the hotel that I saw did look very nice / plenty of parking available.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank tonilouise
Also consider these accommodations in or near Willerby
Mercure Hull Grange Park Hotel
Hallmark Hotel Hull
Hallmark Hotel Hull
#1 of 1 in North Ferriby
Cave Castle Hotel & Country Club

Been to Best Western Willerby Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!