“Should have stayed at the Premier Inn”

Best Western Willerby Manor Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Willerby
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Stayed here for one night while visiting local university open days. I will not be staying here again.
For the price I paid, I am sure I would have had a better experience at other brand hotels.
The hotel doesn't have a fresh, clean feel as you enter. The rooms are adequate but dated. The doors are standard internal doors and not the heavy hotel doors you would expect. Therefore, you can hear everything and everyone as they walk through the corridor, knock on doors, have conversations etc.
The bathroom ceiling had mould on it. The brass plate on the door had not been cleaned showing numerous finger marks. The shower would not adjust past warm.Hair in the sink.
Breakfast was a shambles. Greasy and cheap brand sausages. Overcooked boiled eggs.
Very disappointed with the Best Western brand. I have stayed at Best Western's before and they are typically very good, especially in the USA.

Room Tip: Better value hotels in the vicinity. Avoid this hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Punam71
There are newer reviews for Best Western Willerby Manor Hotel

Reviewed 19 June 2014

I'd not stay here again, the room was pleasant enough but breakfast was a shambles, I waited almost 15 minutes for scrambled eggs, the gorgeous young bland who had all the male staff preening and primping, falling over themselves to help her got hers in 6 minutes, that I don't really mind, if I where a young man of 17-22 I'd probably be feeling the testosterone coursing through my veins, and I'd be doing somersaults too to serve her, what upset me is that when I complained I was told, that the gorgeous young woman had kept complaining, as it happened I was sitting so close to her I could hear her chew, she certainly did not complain once about the length of her wait let alone "kept on complaining" , I really objected to the bare faced lie of the more mature member of the waiting staff, and then did she offer to chase my breakfast up, no. I left, hungry dissatisfied and I won't be back

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank clivelovesme
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Have been coming to this hotel for a great many number of years and it has always oozed quality, friendliness and cleanliness. The staff are some of the most helpful and smart you are ever likely to find. It has excellent parking and facilities, everything is manitained to a high standard. It's geographical position is just right for York, Leeds and the coast as well as Hull it's self. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We chose this hotel as my husband and his friend were doing the Transpennine Cycle Trail from Hornsea. Stayed for one night, and they stored the bikes in a safe place, with no issue. The thing that stands out for this hotel is the staff....they are charming and friendly. All the staff were very welcoming and nothing was too much trouble, all very consistent with each other. The food in Figs was absolutely delicious....great chef....! Room was very nice and clean and had everything we needed, with plenty of hot water. We stayed on Dinner Bed and Breakfast tariff and the only thing I would like to mention is they do not make it clear what is included in the dinner. We found out the next morning on check out... its £20 per head so hopefully this should help any other customers who book this. There is no menu showing any supplements, you just choose from the main menu with no idea whats included or not..Breakfast was excellent with a good choice of everything one would expect. The hotel could do with a lounge area too, it just has the bar/restaurant, nowhere to relax with a book....Outside space is good if weather is okay. On the whole we had an excellent nights stay here and we would definately return.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 June 2014

My wife and I were coming to Hull to visit family. We decided to stay somewhere outside the city to see some of the East Riding countryside. We chose Willerby Manor on the basis of its reviews, and they are well deserved. An affordable and delightful hotel with charming and helpful staff who know the area well. The food was of always a very high quality - lunch, dinner and breakfast - and there is an excellent swimming pool and gym attached to the hotel. When we visit Hull again we will most certainly be returning to Willerby Manor.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Bill O
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Have stayed here more times than I can remember, and have tried other hotels in the area, but always come back - staff here are friendly, caring and go the extra mile for you - The food here is FANTASTIC , fresh, innovative and of excellent quality

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Bernadette H
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We stayed at this hotel for only one night and were impressed with all aspects of our stay. Service was faultless and accommodation was of a high standard. We enjoyed an excellent meal in the evening as well as a very good breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Willerby
Mercure Hull Grange Park Hotel
Lazaat
Lazaat
#1 of 1 in Cottingham
Cave Castle Hotel & Country Club

Been to Best Western Willerby Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!