“Beware of poor, noisy rooms”

Best Western Willerby Manor Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Willerby
Skawina, Poland
“Beware of poor, noisy rooms”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Arrived mid-afternoon and was put in room 106 which felt like it was a hobbit hole, dark and pokey. Furniture was very tired and the mattress was knackered and did not actually fit the divan, also it is the only hotel room in 35 years of travelling that had a ticking wall clock. When later I tried to go to sleep I realised the real downside of the room and that was the fact that I could clearly hear the women in the room above on her mobile and the TV in the room next door, after complaining I was relocated to room 329 which was much better and eventually got a good nights sleep. Breakfast was stated as starting at 0700 and needing to leave quickly I turned up at the allotted time, The breakfast and staff were not at all ready and it took till 0715 to get milk for my cereals. The hotel was expensive for what it was.

Room Tip: Don't stay in a room in the 100's
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank SleepyNeil

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel for only one night in July, while on business in the area, and I was impressed with all aspects of our stay. Guy behind the reception, I think it was Tom? was very efficient, & the Hotel Service was faultless and accommodation was of a high standard. I enjoyed an excellent meal in the FIGS Restaurant in the evening, with a beer as well as a very good & varied breakfast, there was also free Wi-Fi in all rooms, all in all a very enjoyable stay,

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Previously had good food in figs restaurant but went to lunch with the ladies lunchclub yesterday and the food was shockingly bad. By far the worst I have ever been served! Ham salad with hot new potatoes was on the menu, meagre amount of ham, very poor salad - shredded lettuce, half a slice of cucumber, a slice of tomato and a teaspoonful of potato salad - hot potatoes did not make an appearance. When we all complained we were told that the hot potatoes were on the menu by mistake and basically the manager was very flippant with his attitude "you've got a ham salad, you get what you pay for". I expect more for £14 than this dreadful main course and strawberries and cream and brandy snap for lunch. Sorry Willerby Manor but you really must try harder on all counts

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Dixie B
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for the best part of a month, overall I would stay again as there is absolutely nothing wrong with the hotel and the service I received was fantastic. My only slight gripe was the WIFI signal was non existent in my room (328) but I was willing to accept this minor niggle for a rather nice quiet room.

The only other point I wish to share is if you are arriving very late In the evening (as I frequently did) the only available spaces may be in a side car park which is quite uneven and if it's lit I never noticed- I'd say your best bet would be a torch!!!!!!

Told you it was minor stuff every other element was A+

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Stayed here for one night while visiting local university open days. I will not be staying here again.
For the price I paid, I am sure I would have had a better experience at other brand hotels.
The hotel doesn't have a fresh, clean feel as you enter. The rooms are adequate but dated. The doors are standard internal doors and not the heavy hotel doors you would expect. Therefore, you can hear everything and everyone as they walk through the corridor, knock on doors, have conversations etc.
The bathroom ceiling had mould on it. The brass plate on the door had not been cleaned showing numerous finger marks. The shower would not adjust past warm.Hair in the sink.
Breakfast was a shambles. Greasy and cheap brand sausages. Overcooked boiled eggs.
Very disappointed with the Best Western brand. I have stayed at Best Western's before and they are typically very good, especially in the USA.

Room Tip: Better value hotels in the vicinity. Avoid this hotel.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Punam71
Blyth
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I'd not stay here again, the room was pleasant enough but breakfast was a shambles, I waited almost 15 minutes for scrambled eggs, the gorgeous young bland who had all the male staff preening and primping, falling over themselves to help her got hers in 6 minutes, that I don't really mind, if I where a young man of 17-22 I'd probably be feeling the testosterone coursing through my veins, and I'd be doing somersaults too to serve her, what upset me is that when I complained I was told, that the gorgeous young woman had kept complaining, as it happened I was sitting so close to her I could hear her chew, she certainly did not complain once about the length of her wait let alone "kept on complaining" , I really objected to the bare faced lie of the more mature member of the waiting staff, and then did she offer to chase my breakfast up, no. I left, hungry dissatisfied and I won't be back

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

1 Thank clivelovesme
Also consider these accommodations in or near Willerby
Mercure Hull Grange Park Hotel
Hallmark Hotel Hull
Hallmark Hotel Hull
#1 of 1 in North Ferriby
Cave Castle Hotel & Country Club

Been to Best Western Willerby Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!