As this is a lodge you do expect that it is for short stays and aims at a budget value price.
It was fine for a short family trip as we had relatives to go to, the rooms are clean and the children on a sofa bed - which leaves little space to move around. The staff were all friendly and efficient in the lodge part.
We were on the upstairs floor so had a view of the rapeseed field at the back - which is interesting as although not on the ground floor at the front you are at ground level at the back! The 6 year old thought it was a magic upside down hotel!
The parking is plentiful and free. There are supermarkets just opposite and it's easy to find on a main road into Beverley.
It had all the facilities you'd expect tea & coffee, no wardrobe but wall based hangers & a dressing table and TV & hairdryer - having read on trip advisor about the soap dispensers I took my own toiletries, there were no face cloths either so take one if you need one & only plastic cups in the bathroom. I asked for more towels as there weren't enough & the staff were happy to oblige.
The worse thing I thought was the breakfast - as the Toby carvery is so busy anyway you and up queuing or wandering around looking for staff to get you glasses, cups, spoons etc as they run out. It's basic cereals, fruit, yoghurts, toast & when it's run out that seemed to be it!
I didn't like the dirty bin next to the breakfast table to put your cereal box in personally.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you're looking for quality budget accommodation in Hull, this smart, modern hotel is going to suit you down to the ground. You'll find it in the village of Willerby, just five miles from the city and close to the M62 and Humber Bridge.The lodge has 32 comfy, modern rooms and is next door to a Toby Carvery, where you can tuck into freshly roasted joints, seasonal vegetables and great value pub-food. It's an ideal base for business or pleasure, especially with Hull Arena, the KC stadium and Beverley Racecourse all on the doorstep.Hull combines a rich maritime heritage with some innovative modern attractions, such as The Deep: an underwater world of sharks, stingrays and other weird and wonderful sea creatures.Plus there's shopping at Princes Quay, eight free museums to meander through, including the Ferens Art Gallery, as well as lots of boutiques and vintage arcades. Further afield you have the breathtaking East Yorkshire coastline, the Humber Bridge Country Park and the 79 miles-long Yorkshire Wolds Way. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Innkeepers Lodge Hull, Willerby reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Innkeepers Hotel Willerby
- Innkeepers Hotel Kingston Upon Hull