Birling House B & B
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Capel
See available hotels
Anand Lodge(Royal Tunbridge Wells)
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
  • Restaurant
Hadlow Manor(Hadlow)
View Hotel
Hotel du Vin & Bistro(Royal Tunbridge Wells)
View Hotel
Russell Hotel(Royal Tunbridge Wells)
View Hotel
The Royal Wells Hotel(Royal Tunbridge Wells)
View Hotel
All reviewsprivate bathroomlocal pubsourced locallyhop farmkent countrysidehome from homethoroughly enjoyed our staycomfy bedquiet lanedouble roomgreat weekendeach morningfull english breakfastbreakfast was excellentcooked breakfastyogurtbirling house
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 June 2014

These five days in 2013 had been so wonderful, we had to come back this year to enjoy again the warmth of Bob's perfect hospitality and the comfort of his lovely cottage, visit other great gardens around and share delicious breakfasts with other guests, improving our English. Thank you again Bob for making each stay a precious time to remember. For sure, we will come back !
Claire and Alain
La Varenne
France

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Bob A, Owner at Birling House B & B, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

The biggest complement a hospitality provider can receive is for guests to return! It was lovely to see you both again, share some good humour, and learn some new things about local gardens from your description of your visits. Your photo of the "diet breakfast" is great - thank you.
I hope that Birling House is already in your diary for next year!

Reviewed 6 June 2014

My husband and I stayed for four nights at Birling House to attend our niece's wedding in nearby Penshurst Place. Our room was well equipped and the beds extremely comfortable - the bathroom was very modern and everything you could possibly want was readily available.

Bob was very welcoming and friendly and his breakfasts were varied, plentiful and delicious with practically everything supplied by local businesses, from fruit juice, eggs, bacon, sausages, butter and honey to marmalade and conserves.

Our knowledge of the area wasn't very good but Bob provided us with a map to get us to the wedding venue avoiding all the traffic hot-spots and this proved to be extremely useful. Not only that, but he was also able to direct us to the local hostelry and to various historical sites of which we were unaware,

All in all, this is an excellent and welcoming b+b and we highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Two rooms are available, one double and one twin.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Family weddings can be wonderful or stressful - I am so pleased that yours was the latter! At such a grand location as Penshust Place, set in some of Kents lovliest countryside, I am so pleased that all went perfectly. My guests certainly seem pleased with my membership of the Kent Breakfast scheme, living here there are plenty of excellent local producers to choose from.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

I cannot fault this delightful bed & breakfast. We needed somewhere at the last minute and we were so lucky to find this little gem. The hospitality shown to us from the moment we arrived was just what we needed. The rooms are very comfortable (the bedding was a dream) and the Kent breakfast was perfect.
Thank you Bob.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Bob A, Owner at Birling House B & B, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

I really appreciate you taking time out to write a review and especially your encouraging comments. Different guests, visiting for a variety of reasons, need different things from their chosen B+B, sometimes it is just a calm environment with all the basics catered for. I do hope you will return here soon.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

We stayed 3 nights at Bob's house with our baby and we had a wonderfull time. Bob is a great host warm and friendly who did everything he could to make ourselves feel at home.
The house is really nice and confortable (especially the carpet for the baby to play :-) ) Really nice english garden.
The breakfast is everyday slightly different and always delicious. The pub nearby (dovecote) was also a good one.
The situation is perfect and Bob has got plenty of books or folders to help you plan your stay.
We will definitly stay there again next time in the area.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank xilasine
Bob A, Owner at Birling House B & B, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2014

Such a great review from such a lovely family! I do not usually have children stay here - let alone young babies, but I am a Grandfather myself and this was just like a family visit. I am delighted that everything worked out so well and you will return soon. Thankyou.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

I have visited tonbridge regularly for part of my degree and have stayed at Birling house every time. My stay has always been made very welcoming and lovely. The rooms are comfortable and cosy with everything provided that you may need. The traditional English breakfasts are lovely. This is the nicest B and B that I have stayed in and would highly recommend it. Bob is very friendly and will ensure that you have everything you need to make your break away nice and comfortable.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Joyti01
Bob A, Owner at Birling House B & B, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Thank you so much for taking time out of your hectic study schedule to post such a great review. Regular customers are the lifeblood of any business but could be the hardest to please as they can compare service and standards visit by visit, I am therefore delighted that you have found Birling House so comfortable on every visit. It has been lovely having you here - more like family than a paying guest! Thanks again and I hope to see you soon for the next stage of your studies.