“Lovely stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Capel
Birling House B & B
Ranked #1 of 1 Capel B&B and Inns
Atlanta
“Lovely stay”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Our family of 3 loved our evening at Birling House. From the warm welcome to the spotlessly-clean rooms, from the fabulous locally-sourced breakfast to the wonderful hospitality, this stay was just perfect. We enjoyed talking with Bob and especially appreciated that he booked our dinner at the Dovecote Inn and accommodated our son in an extra room. I hope we have the opportunity to return. Highly recommended!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Bob A, Owner at Birling House B & B, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
How kind of you to write such an encouraging review, especially as you must be exhausted with your whistle-stop tour of Europe! It was great to have you here, and what a coincidence the other guests were also from your part of the world. Your visit to Kent was far too short - we have lots more to show you, so come back soon, and bring your soccer mad Son too!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
san francisco
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Bob, the host, made the visit so enjoyable, with his friendliness, helpfulness and delicious
breakfasts, not to mention his recommendations such as the Dove Cote Pub for dinner.

This would be my first choice for a B&B in the Tunbridge Wells area. Very convenient to all
the attractions, especially the historic houses and gardens.

My daughter Tracy & I loved it!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Bob A, Owner at Birling House B & B, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Thank you for such a great review (and the gift of the souvenier cap) it was good to have you here and I am so pleased that you managed to see so many of our local attractions (and our pub) during your visit. It was especially rewarding to work with your daughter on preparing appetising meals that took account of her food intollerances and using local ingredients - I learned a lot. Thank you both again.
La Varenne-Saint-Hilaire, France
Reviewed 18 June 2014

These five days in 2013 had been so wonderful, we had to come back this year to enjoy again the warmth of Bob's perfect hospitality and the comfort of his lovely cottage, visit other great gardens around and share delicious breakfasts with other guests, improving our English. Thank you again Bob for making each stay a precious time to remember. For sure, we will come back !
Claire and Alain
La Varenne
France

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Bob A, Owner at Birling House B & B, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
The biggest complement a hospitality provider can receive is for guests to return! It was lovely to see you both again, share some good humour, and learn some new things about local gardens from your description of your visits. Your photo of the "diet breakfast" is great - thank you.
I hope that Birling House is already in your diary for next year!
Edinburgh
Reviewed 6 June 2014

My husband and I stayed for four nights at Birling House to attend our niece's wedding in nearby Penshurst Place. Our room was well equipped and the beds extremely comfortable - the bathroom was very modern and everything you could possibly want was readily available.

Bob was very welcoming and friendly and his breakfasts were varied, plentiful and delicious with practically everything supplied by local businesses, from fruit juice, eggs, bacon, sausages, butter and honey to marmalade and conserves.

Our knowledge of the area wasn't very good but Bob provided us with a map to get us to the wedding venue avoiding all the traffic hot-spots and this proved to be extremely useful. Not only that, but he was also able to direct us to the local hostelry and to various historical sites of which we were unaware,

All in all, this is an excellent and welcoming b+b and we highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Two rooms are available, one double and one twin.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Bob A, Owner at Birling House B & B, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Family weddings can be wonderful or stressful - I am so pleased that yours was the latter! At such a grand location as Penshust Place, set in some of Kents lovliest countryside, I am so pleased that all went perfectly. My guests certainly seem pleased with my membership of the Kent Breakfast scheme, living here there are plenty of excellent local producers to choose from.
jstandage01@gmail.com
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I cannot fault this delightful bed & breakfast. We needed somewhere at the last minute and we were so lucky to find this little gem. The hospitality shown to us from the moment we arrived was just what we needed. The rooms are very comfortable (the bedding was a dream) and the Kent breakfast was perfect.
Thank you Bob.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Bob A, Owner at Birling House B & B, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
I really appreciate you taking time out to write a review and especially your encouraging comments. Different guests, visiting for a variety of reasons, need different things from their chosen B+B, sometimes it is just a calm environment with all the basics catered for. I do hope you will return here soon.
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 8 May 2014

We stayed 3 nights at Bob's house with our baby and we had a wonderfull time. Bob is a great host warm and friendly who did everything he could to make ourselves feel at home.
The house is really nice and confortable (especially the carpet for the baby to play :-) ) Really nice english garden.
The breakfast is everyday slightly different and always delicious. The pub nearby (dovecote) was also a good one.
The situation is perfect and Bob has got plenty of books or folders to help you plan your stay.
We will definitly stay there again next time in the area.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank xilasine
Bob A, Owner at Birling House B & B, responded to this review, 10 May 2014
Such a great review from such a lovely family! I do not usually have children stay here - let alone young babies, but I am a Grandfather myself and this was just like a family visit. I am delighted that everything worked out so well and you will return soon. Thankyou.
Kent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I have visited tonbridge regularly for part of my degree and have stayed at Birling house every time. My stay has always been made very welcoming and lovely. The rooms are comfortable and cosy with everything provided that you may need. The traditional English breakfasts are lovely. This is the nicest B and B that I have stayed in and would highly recommend it. Bob is very friendly and will ensure that you have everything you need to make your break away nice and comfortable.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Joyti01
Bob A, Owner at Birling House B & B, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Thank you so much for taking time out of your hectic study schedule to post such a great review. Regular customers are the lifeblood of any business but could be the hardest to please as they can compare service and standards visit by visit, I am therefore delighted that you have found Birling House so comfortable on every visit. It has been lovely having you here - more like family than a paying guest! Thanks again and I hope to see you soon for the next stage of your studies.
Bob
Also consider these accommodations in or near Capel
Mercure Tunbridge Wells
#11 of 14 in Royal Tunbridge Wells
One Warwick Park Hotel
One Warwick Park Hotel
#1 of 14 in Royal Tunbridge Wells

Been to Birling House B & B? Share your experiences!