“Wonderful food at the Rock! Crowded, buzzing with very attentive service.”
Review of The Rock Inn

The Rock Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Waterrow
Price range: US$6 - US$25
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Country pub. All our food is homemade using local produce where ever possible. We have a childrens menu and welcome dogs in the bar area on a lead. Some of our rooms are dog friendly as well. Lunch and dinner reservations are recomended although not always necessary.
SUFFOLK
“Wonderful food at the Rock! Crowded, buzzing with very attentive service.”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

A traditional Somerset pub that serves very good food. The fish was especially good and you can see and hear the kitchen. Beautiful setting on a bend of the river Tone and easy to park. Must book even mid week 01984 623293

Visited June 2014
6 Thank KIRBYJ

“Taste Sensation”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

The food in this quirky place is best described as a taste sensation. The fish soup I had was simply the best soup ive ever had and ive had a few.

Would definately recommend booking however.

3 Thank mjbrooke
Bridgwater
“Exceptional”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I had the cheese fondant and pickled beetroot to start and Peter had the heirloom tomato, bocconcini and tapenade salad which he said was the best tomato salad he has ever had, and he has had a few! My cheese fondant was delicious. I had the duck with dauphinoise potatoes. The duck was melt in the mouth and perfectly cooked and the potatoes, well, scrummy. I was too piggy with the starter and despite trying really hard just couldn't fit in a pudding which was a pity as they looked really good. Lovely people with excellent service. Looking forward to returning. Thank you.

3 Thank TeamBower
Sydney, Australia
“Bravo Chef.!”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Well what a surprise this place was! Would never have expected the quality of food and not just one dish but every single thing superbly cooked to perfection. Everyone raving about their meals and I was no exception. Th fish soup was generous and flavoursome and had enough seafood in it to be a main. The venison literally melted in my mouth - it was velvet smooth, not words that usually come to mind when describing game meat. Served with a horseradish mash, red cabbage, red wine jus and beautiful fresh snow peas my only complaint is that I just couldn't finish it! Best venison I have ever eaten. I forced myself to order just one scoop of the homemade vanilla bean ice cream because I'd been told it was good. Good! It is worthy of a reward! Creamy and subtle in its flavour and to be honest I had given up on finding a good ice cream maker in the UK till now! The Inn itself is cosy and locals wander in and out for an ale, we met the chef later and tried to entice him to Australia at which time there was a resounding NO from every local ha! Ha! Can't blame them! After 5 weeks touring around and eating in all sorts of places including Michelin rated restaurants, I would rate this experience 5 star! My only complaint, like so many other places people come and go from the bar with their dogs or maybe they were staying at the Inn (even worse for me, love dogs but not around food and lodging) I guess it's a cultural thing here as it seems acceptable in so many places we have been. Not permitted back home so it does surprise.

3 Thank kerrybigbuzz
Karratha, Australia
“What a find!”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We were staying in another B&B nearby of which the owner recommended the Rock Inn and I am so glad she did. Fabulous ambience great customer service extremely friendly and the food was exceptional. For the chef to be across such a diverse and interesting menu is astonishing. My travel companion who is somewhat of a foodie had the venison and said that is was the best she had ever had and the fish soup for a starter was like a meal in itself and so flavoursome! I had 2 entree size meals as I wanted to try the ice cream which again was recommended as the chef makes it himself. Amazing so rich and creamy I can't remember having ice cream anywhere this good and the baked Brie fondant with pickled beetroot, yum! Risotto can be an extremely hard dish to get right but it's a 10 out of 10 for this one creamy silky texture with loads of mushrooms. Would definitely recommend Rock Inn and we thought the pricing very reasonable and comparable with most other places we have dined in fir the last 5 weeks while travelling around the UK.

3 Thank Sandra C