“Great Food but a bit pricey”
Review of The Rock Inn

The Rock Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Waterrow
Price range: US$6 - US$25
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Country pub. All our food is homemade using local produce where ever possible. We have a childrens menu and welcome dogs in the bar area on a lead. Some of our rooms are dog friendly as well. Lunch and dinner reservations are recomended although not always necessary.
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Visited weekday lunchtime - not too busy.
Fish and chips excellent as was the crab the better half had.
Ate outside as weather wonderful and watched the world go by - adjacent to fairly busy road.
Tawny ale OK but not the best I have ever had. Landlady pleasant and helpful.
Up market pub - would visit again

1  Thank Roger T

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Ba ck for lunch this time. After dinner in March, as I wrote my review I saw many mentions of the Cornish Fish Soup, with spiced mayonnaise, with opinions so full of praise that I decided I had to see if it was worth all the fuss.

It was! A beautifully cooked, flavoursome, soup with chunks of firm fish in it, accompanied by three individual bowls of croutons, gruyere cheese, and spiced mayonnaise, which does work very well, plus local bread. Enough is as good as a feast, and this made for the perfect lunch, when washed down with a pint of Doom Bar.

3  Thank Tony_K56
Reviewed 20 July 2014

The food was excellent in this small hotel. Ideally you would book, however we did not and it seems the norm in the Uk for orders not to be taken until they have a table - so have a drink sit down and wait it is worth it - a very quiet small hotel with excellent food. We stayed at Handley Farm 5 mins up the road and ate here regularly

2  Thank Marilyn S
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Once again my wife and I found ourselves in this very pleasant part of Somerset and out of a four night stay locally we found ourselves in the Rock Inn twice. The food was absolutely excellent and was not surpassed by any other retaurant during our ten night travels around the South West of England. My wife had the lamb on both occassions and she felt it was the best she had evr had whilst I had steak on both occassions which was absolutely perfect. The hosts were courteous and friendly as were the locals at the bar giving the whole atmosphere a pleasing ambience. Will we return? Absolutely- roll on next summer!!

4  Thank Geoff H
Reviewed 28 June 2014

A traditional Somerset pub that serves very good food. The fish was especially good and you can see and hear the kitchen. Beautiful setting on a bend of the river Tone and easy to park. Must book even mid week 01984 623293

6  Thank KIRBYJ